Cannot start game anymore.

SolraC_Vaga

Posted 4 February 2016 - 11:04 pm
Dear Support Team,

Mr 2franks already helped me a lot but unfortunately I am still having the same problem.

when I launch the game in the voobly room all is ok, but than when we start the game, my Aoc immediatly shuts down and zaps me back to windows (7).

I played 200 games and never had this issue. So Frank and I did the following checks already.

I tried to also host game myself and use single player and also than the game shuts down the second I press start game. I deleted the aoc folder in voobly, we reinstalled the hd patch several times. the game works fine on steam this is what we also tested. I restarted my pc several times and also plugged out my router.

The game is somehow corrupt... does someone recognize this problem, it really came out of nowhere.
I played several games last night and suddendly out of no where it happened.

KR
Carlos
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 4 February 2016 - 11:33 pm
hi
looks like you need to start from scratch. uninstall the game/voobly and remove their folders from c:program files[86]/
reboot.
reinstall steam make sure it works. then add voobly to c:program files[86]/ and the patch to the game.try.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _iC_SolraC

Posted 7 February 2016 - 1:23 pm
Hello Kitt,

Thanks for your quick help, i did everything exactly as you mentioned and it still doesnt work...

however I noticed something:

When I start AoeHd in steam it always gives me the follwing message:

Debug:Setmode(WTM_STARTUP)
Registering local mods:
Enumerating mods from Steam Workshop:
Published mods enumerated: 0
Debug:setMode(WTM_PUBLISHED_QUERY_DONE)
Debug:setMode(WTM_FINISHED)

This might be related somehow?

KR
Carlos
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Hacks

Edited 7 February 2016 - 2:50 pm by _Hacks
Hi _iC_SolraC, do the following:

1) Run ''Steam''-> go to the ''Library'' -> Right click on AOC HD then ''Properties''.

2) Click on ''Local files'' -> Then Click ''Verify integrity of game cache'' (wait several minutes).

3) Now ''AOC HD'' Steam version is back to default (just like when you downloaded it right away from steam).

4) Close ''Steam'' -> Then reinstall the ''HD compatibility patch'' once (from here [You must login to view link]).

5) Restart ''Voobly'' and run the game (always make sure Steam is closed when you start a game on voobly).

Link | Reply | Quote
 _iC_SolraC

Posted 7 February 2016 - 4:04 pm
Hello UB_Hacks,

Thanks for the step by step explanation!

Unfortunately its still not working :(

You have any other ideas/tricks I could try?

KR
Carlos
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 7 February 2016 - 4:39 pm
when I launch the game in the voobly room all is ok, but than when we start the game, my Aoc immediatly shuts down and zaps me back to windows (7).

Your game screen resolution issue mate. Do set your Game room settings like as shown in the image below:

Also additional stuff:
Do run your game age2_x1.exe file under Compatibility Mode ► choosing 'Windows XP (SP 3)'.

Cheers!
Link | Reply | Quote
 _iC_SolraC

Posted 7 February 2016 - 5:22 pm
Massive Thanks Cavin! case closed!
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 7 February 2016 - 5:29 pm
His game worked fine on 1.0c but not on 1.4rc.

That was a definite confirmation he was not running the game in 32 bit. Switching to 32 bit fixed the problem.

Thread closed.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 8 out of 8 posts