Problem Main Menue

Vertigox

Posted 7 February 2013 - 1:13 pm
Hi everybody,

I discovered Voobly today and was looking forward to playing online, but I have a problem: everytime i join a game and it starts, it stops in the main menue (I think it should skip forward to multiplayer--> lan/direct ip?). furthermore, I can't use my mouse when I'm ingame, it is stuck in the middle and jumps right back there when I try to move it.

Would be nice if someone could help,
Verti
Link | Reply | Quote
 AoL_Iron_maiden

Posted 8 February 2013 - 1:17 am
Try this first:
uninstall voobly. del the folder from programs. del all cookies and temp files.
reboot the pc.
install this free app: [You must login to view link]
do the cleaner and registry clean ups. d/load voobly. re-install.

it wouldn't hurt to uninstall/install your aom/aot as well
Link | Reply | Quote
 Vertigox

Posted 25 February 2013 - 6:23 pm
Thanks for the answer first of all, but it sadly didn't help, I did everything you told me but I still have the same problem. I tried it on my other PC today and I have the same problem there. The AoT version is the same.
Link | Reply | Quote
 LNC_GoldenAxe

Posted 25 February 2013 - 6:39 pm
Hi,

Make sure you have all the programs closed, beside Voobly, when Voobly launchs AoT, don't click anything and it should open the correct page. If you click anything while Voobly is launching the game, you will be stuck on the main menu view.
Link | Reply | Quote
 AoL_Iron_maiden

Posted 26 February 2013 - 9:43 am
Mmm good idea, LNC.
@ vertigox, make sure when the game launches, you have the voobly room selected up on your screen and aren't clicking other windows while aot is launching.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Vertigox

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:05 am
I tried it, closed everything besides the main lobby and the window from the game I hosted, still have the same problem :/
What I didn't mention until now is that I have Nottuds Mod installed, but I discovered voobly from strangestrike's videos and he uses it to, so that should't be the problem.
Link | Reply | Quote
 LNC_GoldenAxe

Posted 28 February 2013 - 5:02 am
Remove the mod and try it again.

-Also have you ever manage to get a game played on Voobly?
-Where you ever able to play on ESO?
-Can you get a screen shot of the view your stuck on?
-When your stuck on the main menu, is a button f****ing?

Link | Reply | Quote
 Vertigox

Posted 28 February 2013 - 2:54 pm
Ok I know the problem now. When you start a game with Voobly, the mouse is moved by the programm to click on multiplayer and lan/direct ip automatically. If you have Nottuds superpack installed, the Menue looks different, the buttons are on the bottom of the screen and not in the middle, so the cursor tried to click on multiplayer but there was no button.

I'd really like to have a few benefits of the mod, it showed me how many villagers I had on each ressource and i could rotate the buildings. are there mods which do the same thing but don't change the main menue?
Link | Reply | Quote
 AoL_Iron_maiden

Posted 1 March 2013 - 12:37 am
yes.
i can't remember exactly what it's called, it's either ekanta or esanta
Link | Reply | Quote
 Vertigox

Posted 1 March 2013 - 1:08 pm
got it. thanks alot to all of you!
Link | Reply | Quote
 Prodiger

Posted 5 March 2013 - 7:57 pm
If you want to keep the mod and still play in voobly, go to your aom directory, open data folder and remove uipregamenew (both files).
Link | Reply | Quote
 Vertigox

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:08 pm
once again, thanks!
Link | Reply | Quote
 [HoR]DoLhades

Posted 25 May 2013 - 5:31 pm
If you have Nottuds Superpack all you need to do is click in the options at the top of the game you are in and select 'Start in Singleplayer Menu'

Then manually go into Multiplayer and Direct IP, you should see the hosted game there, if you are the host, click host and they will join you ;)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 13 out of 13 posts