Community Forums > Voobly Community > Age of Empires II: The Conquerors > Random Map > Should RM historical ratings be removed?

Should RM historical ratings be removed?

Poll: Should RM historical ratings be removed?
Hide historical ratings
Just add it to your profile
I like it the way it is
I do not care
 moocowmoo

Edited 11 January 2013 - 1:06 pm by moocowmoo
> RM - Team Games rating is being completely
> disregarded since most players choose to
> evaluate their opponent's level of skill
> solely based upon their 2007-2012 rating.

^^ This. Although I draw the opposite conclusion from it .. this is the rating that matters, this is the rating people want, this is the rating that should be shown.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Indelhensenas

Posted 11 January 2013 - 6:22 pm
old system was better know players cant see what level is to thew player
Link | Reply | Quote
 DrSnake

Edited 13 January 2013 - 12:08 am by DrSnake
moocowmoo wrote:
I think we should let the vote run for a couple weeks before deciding anything. Last time (when the new ratings were added) the vote was closed and the change made before I even got to vote. It was all done in a day or two. I didn't even figure out why anyone wanted to change it before it was a done deal.
The poll was never closed. In fact, it's still open even until this day. The reason we reset only after 1-2 days of the poll is that the results of the poll were very consistent. After 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, and 600 votes respectively, the support of resetting or not caring either way was always around 73%. Even now, it's still around that same number. Therefore, waiting another 1-2 weeks to reset wouldn't have matter since the results would just be the same. The sooner the reset the better... cause now ratings are being established, whereas if we would have waited we would be back to square one of everyone at 1600. Another point is, the longer you let a poll run, there more opportunity you give smurfs to abuse the system and vote multiple times. The most accurate results are achieved by receiving mass votes in a very short time period, and then drawing conclusions from there.

As for this poll, there is nothing clear about the results and I personally haven't monitored them for consistently as I did with the last poll. So as of now, I would imagine no action will be taken in regards to this issue.
Link | Reply | Quote
 moocowmoo

Posted 13 January 2013 - 5:09 pm
DrSnake wrote:
The poll was never closed.

Thanks, I didn't know that. I assumed when the ratings were changed the poll was closed, but I guess that was wrong.

Link | Reply | Quote
123[4]
Displaying 46 - 49 out of 49 posts