Doubt

[TSM_]TSM_PLAYER

Posted 12 December 2012 - 2:49 am
I looked around for moderation rules and couldnt really find it, not used to browse voobly forums. Anyways i wanted to know whats the rules/limits of verbal harassment within voobly. I had some problems some time ago when ESO was still around and apparently its re surging again since i've had some complains from my team mates.

Thats my first question, after the reply i want to ask how do those rules apply to smurfs since most of it happens under secondary nicknames and we can never be sure about who it is making those outrages/harass.

Regards, Player
Link | Reply | Quote
 [OB_]BoIt

Edited 12 December 2012 - 3:59 am by [OB_]BoIt
Hi Player,

You can find information on this matter in the Voobly CoC

Section XI refers to harrassment.
Quote:
XI. Harassment

You may not use terms or audio/visual materials referring to ethnic/national origin, ideological/religious beliefs, gender, or ****ual preference in a demeaning context.
We have no tolerance for discrimination. You are in violation of this rule if the nature of your message(s) discriminates, promotes hate, promotes violence or advocates hatred or discrimination against individuals, groups, races, cultures or organizations because of their ethnic/national origin, skin color or culture.

Section XII refers to derogatory terms.
Quote:
If you use any terms in an offensive context against a person, race, culture, group or organization, as determined by our moderators, you are in violation of this rule.
Please note that words carry different meanings in different cultures, and that while a word may be acceptable use in one part of the world, it may not be in another.
In addition, any one can invent their own derogatory terms, unfortunately. Because of those factors, we will evaluate the context in which the term was used to determine whether a violation has occurred.

Read this document to your hearts extent but it's all in there.

Also, as found in the Banning and Rating Policies
Quote:
GENERAL CLIENT RULES

Incessantly Advertising non-Voobly websites (Mute, Ban) :: Constantly sending links to irrelevant websites and other game sites will result in action being taken. Mute first, Ban if it continues, depending on the content. Links to offensive / shock sites will result in an immediate ban.
Cursing or spamming :: Cursing in lobby or spamming should be warned to stop unless it is a 30-second-interval advertising of a game room. Warn, warn again, mute, kick, and if continues ban -- in that order.
Discrimination :: Any discrimination against a members' Race, Religion or Preferences :: Warn first, then kick. If continues, then ban.
Excessive complaining/aggressiveness in the Lobby :: Warn, warn, mute, kick, and if continues, then ban.
It is important to understand that all players choosing to play in Voobly must obey these rules or consequences will be given out by authorized personnel. This is important to force many trouble makers to change their ways and just play the game for fun rather than for their own personal vendettas or goals.
Flooding wall posts (Temporary account ban) :: Flooding wall posts is defined as posting on a player’s wall with excessive content that is derogatory. Derogatory content may include, but is not limited to; Racism, Insulting, Flaming, Baiting, or any means where the content is posted in order to decimate a players’ character. Continuance of this after the first ban will result in a permanent ban.

As for harrassment primarily occuring on smurf accounts; staff members have tools to look up smurf accounts and link them to other accounts. If there is a problem which needs resolving your best bet is to record conversations you have with the person and submit a complaint to Voobly staff.

Thanks,
BoIt
Link | Reply | Quote
 [TSM_]TSM_PLAYER

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:48 am
Thanks for replying so fast, so its pretty much needed to record a lot of evidences for anything to happen first. Ill spread the word and if it continues ill do a proper complaint about it.

Regards Player

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 3 out of 3 posts