RCB 2012 Complaints

[MeT]_Soujiro_

Edited 16 May 2012 - 4:35 am by [MeT]_Soujiro_
I decided I'm not going to edit this thing again unless I get paid to do it and/or there's wide community support for me doing so. With the response I've gotten after I just tried to make it better and the high probability of negativity happening again there isn't much of a point other than my own self gratification.

Show your support: [You must login to view link]

What don't you like about RCB 2012?

Recently RCB 2012 was rated and many changes are in this version. I thought I did a good job with this version but I guess I was wrong since you guys don't like it. Fundamentally the triggers in 2012 are programmed better so it does indeed freeze less than 2011; freezing cannot be mitigated completely. Also, the gameplay in 2012 versus 2011 is fundamentally the same so if you suck at 2012 you suck at 2011.

If I were to edit it again here's what I'd do to make it more like 2011:
[*] Get rid of Henry (even though he's food)
[*] But bases back to the size they were before
[*] Change colors to those in 2011 where possible
[*] Put genitour back at two kings with the option to disable it and the missionary by 15 mins

In summary:

Don't like it? Help me out and tell me what you want...I redid the triggers so it'd freeze less so it'd be silly not to play this version

Here's a list of the minor changes I would do as well again if I were to edit this again:

• Fiddle with the colors more since you guys are ****s and like the original color set-up even though it's way too bright for me.
  • Fix Super Harald at the Super Store (200/150 hp to start which means as it powers up the second number doesn't change so if it takes damage it won't go back up to the previous maximum without powering up to it) by giving it 150/150 and then increasing this to give it even more hp and ap to start.
  • Increase rate of Nevski Power-Up via possibly doubling it and make the addition of HP and AP more beneficial
    Super Store units are still relatively worthless... they need to be more super. In addition with the stronger bombards in the base the effect of landing a ship/attacking with them is lessened
  • Increase voting window for Genitour to 15 mins and add in a message telling the person they've voted for it. Probably add in a reminder at 10 minutes too.
  • If possible, fix advantage of P1,P2,P7, and P8 against william, beli, theo through building palisade and then towers behind it creating a bottleneck effect.
  • Make the fireship stronger
  • Possibly changing mid power-up so it varies based on the unit you bring up there. For instance, Martels group up well so with the larger power-up area it really isn't fair compared to other units. Something like Martel - every 2 secs 2 hp/1 ap (like it is now) but with a smaller area of 9 square instead of 16. Subo 16 squares every 2 secs 2 hp/1 ap, Robin all civs except Brits 16 squares- 1 hp/1 ap /sec. Brits Robin - 16 squares 2 hp/1 ap every 2 secs. ... could also do it different for: franks axemen, charlemagne, tamerlane, khan ...
  • Change standard method of death to how it is in 2011 and increase timer of shadow mode to 10 mins (5 goes to quick on fast speed)
  • Khan seems like he wrecks global mode so probably disable him for that mode.
  • Look at tiny island buys again to see if anything different should be done (probably put archers of the eyes back).
  • Look at transferring king areas below... I thought I had this perfect but a couple times transferring kings up top they've gone to the super store and I've lost a king (probably orient bottom store to 2011 orientation)
  • Remove Henry
  • Add in message every ? minutes when global mode enabled saying look at hints for it
If you have any other suggestions please list them here.
Link | Reply | Quote
 BF_Basse

Posted 5 May 2012 - 2:35 pm
Quote:
I'm no longer allowed to edit this map

Only microsoft have legal rights to stop you from editing it :p
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MeT]_Soujiro_

Edited 5 May 2012 - 4:16 pm by [MeT]_Soujiro_
True lol but if I do it it won't get rated. I guess I could still edit it and see if people at gr want to play it. Either way I won't be making any edit for a couple months.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ TD ]BF_BlackSpirit

Edited 6 May 2012 - 9:07 am by [ TD ]BF_BlackSpirit
True lol but if I do it it won't get rated. I guess I could still edit it and see if people at gr want to play it. Either way I won't be making any edit for a couple months.

Your map is not too famous like here... I've seen some hosts and most of them are always empty and not just with your scenario :S also the opinions are not good (because I ask to some players or I've seen some players saying things) and sorry if I do not defend your scenario but first of all I don't like any kind of Blood Maps, I rarely play one and I've never play it!.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MeT]_Soujiro_

Posted 6 May 2012 - 4:47 pm
It's only been rated for about two weeks...
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ TD ]BF_BlackSpirit

Posted 6 May 2012 - 7:17 pm
So? You already had other versions no? Anyway, I will help you by hosting it some times in GR :D
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MeT]_Soujiro_

Edited 8 May 2012 - 12:41 am by [MeT]_Soujiro_
Other versions were better received I admit. Main complaint in this one is the design and pertaining to that the "colors." Overall though the design hasn't changed much from earlier testing ... guess it just shows how cs people aren't prone to try new things and/or I just happened I tested the map with the same people without realizing it. The map is programmed better than the current one though so it's stupid for people not to play it if it means more people finishing games and not having it freeze. On that note sometime in the next year I'll probably make the "colors" and the bottom store layout like 2011 but the rest will stay.

Anywho, you don't have to give it to people purposefully if you don't like the map lol. Thanks for the thought/doing it if you indeed do spread it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ TD ]BF_BlackSpirit

Posted 8 May 2012 - 2:22 am
If I do it it's coz I wanna help... Anyway I can leave if it's FFA and if it is teams I can play with them a few times lol
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_Tz]DurzoBlint

Posted 10 May 2012 - 6:37 am
Bombard towers with no +120
they too scary.. No triple bbts at base
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Tunic]KyleCallaway

Edited 10 May 2012 - 6:41 am by [Tunic]KyleCallaway
IT SUCKS
Link | Reply | Quote
 lL__

Posted 10 May 2012 - 6:59 am
suck :S
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ TD ]BF_BlackSpirit

Edited 10 May 2012 - 9:53 am by [ TD ]BF_BlackSpirit
IT SUCKS

If you think that you're better creating Blood Maps then GTFO, create one and shut up! I can't understand how the crap you and lot of people be so mean when we, the players that create scenarios for you, spent our time on our scenarios FOR YOU ALL, trying to make it perfect and the only thing that you and lot of people do is say "It sucks"... lil noob.
lL__ wrote:
suck :S

You too.
Link | Reply | Quote
 IGhost

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:06 am
MIddle ground color very bad.... my eyes feel discomfort. Keep it as in 2011
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Tunic]KyleCallaway

Edited 10 May 2012 - 10:33 am by [Tunic]KyleCallaway
If you think that you're better creating Blood Maps then GTFO, create one and shut up! I can't understand how the crap you and lot of people be so mean when we, the players that create scenarios for you, spent our time on our scenarios FOR YOU ALL, trying to make it perfect and the only thing that you and lot of people do is say "It sucks"... lil noob.
RCB is not a blood.

Also

IT SUCKS.

Link | Reply | Quote
 [ TD ]BF_BlackSpirit

Edited 10 May 2012 - 7:32 pm by [ TD ]BF_BlackSpirit
RCB is not a blood.

Also

IT SUCKS.

I don't care if it's a Blood or not, anyway it's a scenario that Soujiro create for everyone and you just come and say "It sucks"? I'm gonna ignore you because you're a lil noob, you don't even know how to create one or maybe yes but just the basic lol.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]23456
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 82 posts