Voobly continously disconnects

_Chef

Posted 26 November 2017 - 2:15 pm
Like title says, ive run NAT check and its all fine :/ Opened 16000 port in router :/ Opened ports in the firewall too :/
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 27 November 2017 - 1:35 pm
hi
as you were ok, whats changed recently? new router etc, new isp etc?
check the private ip you used in forwarding is reserved and is still the pc ip.
check you only have one firewall operational.
Link | Reply | Quote
 GregStein

Edited 27 November 2017 - 7:15 pm by GregStein
Hello there,

Let's start with the easiest things you can try first:
    - Add Voobly to your antivirus exception list and enable gaming mode if found.

- Add Voobly port: 16000 (UDP) only to your firewall and do port forwarding on your router as well.

- How are you connected? Wifi or LAN? ([You must login to view link]) Update or reinstall the driver with the concerned connection type.

- Disable all other networks that may interfere with the connection (Have a look at the imagery above where I crossed those networks)

- Close Game-Ranger/Uninstall Hamachi

- Disable "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" ([You must login to view link])

- Change your Power plan to High performance ([You must login to view link])

- Get all Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables: [You must login to view link] (scroll down to bottom of the page where there are download links to Visual C++ Redistributables)

Those were all I can think of at the moment. Now coming to more advanced stuff you should try one by one or point by point:
    - Perform a clean boot
ONLY PART ONE IN THIS TUTORIAL ([You must login to view link])

- Uninstall Voobly and your Antivirus then reboot and only reinstall Voobly in a different Disk drive (e.g Local Disk D, E)

- Malware scan [You must login to view link]

- Update all the drivers

- Try with another router (This one was very helpful to many people)

Back when I was a tech support at Voobly. These were the common fixes I used to provide players and most of them worked!

However, if the problem still persists you will have to consult your ISP and have them look into your problem. Because obviously, it is from their end. Other people I helped, they claimed that after upgrading their internet to the business plan the problem has gone.

GregStein,
Former Voobly Tech Support
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 27 November 2017 - 2:03 pm
thank you greg. most useful
Link | Reply | Quote
 GregStein

Edited 27 November 2017 - 3:27 pm by GregStein
kitt wrote:
thank you greg. most useful
Np! It warms my heart still seeing you around helping people with this amazing game <3
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Chef

Posted 27 November 2017 - 8:09 pm
Many thanks for the replies! I'll try your suggestions! Yea ill give my internet provider a call if it continues to happen, thanks for your time @greg & @kitt

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts