TDIII

Rambit

Edited 26 June 2012 - 11:51 am by Rambit
This is still in BETA but if you would like to try it you can.

Map shot: [You must login to view link]

Mod: [You must login to view link]
Map: [You must login to view link]

Bug reports are welcomed.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Nimble_Donkey

Posted 26 June 2012 - 9:00 pm
I had recording a game ... over 6 Hours gametime ... 8 players (2v2v2v2)

record game: [You must login to view link]

No chance to win the game ...

I had Tamerlan with full speed, HP and armor, but only 2 or 3 units made it ...

Here are some bugs ...

Confused Giant Trader (which walked on ship market path)

You must login into Voobly to view image

Husars cutting the path ... (but only Husars !)

After 2:51 gametime ... 2 Tamerlan passed 4 bases ... (units always stpped in these edges)

After 3:31 gametime ... all unit upgrades in military research center done (HP,SPEED,Armor)
If you had 3 of these centers and researching 2 upgrades at same time (like armor and HP), another button-ID for a other kind of Unit was displaced in 3rd center ( 2 ID's for different units). On this way i had lost my full upgraded tamerlan unit ....

Sky Workshop ... good idea ! But 10.000 wood for this building ? ... smile ... was happy that i had celts .... The other players was not amused .... lol ... you need with others civs hours to choop 10.000 wood. The researched time for wallace (750 wood each) is also too long (around 20-25 min gametime !/caused in the kind of building ?)

And sometimes passed Units starting a second circut round ....

On full speed the counter don't work exactly (2-3 units counting as one)

Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:01 pm
Thanks, a lot of bugs I was unaware of there.

As far as the game lasting that long goes, it is unfinished. I need a sudden death unit to be added as well as some more units between that and the current ones.
Quote:
Confused Giant Trader (which walked on ship market path)
But did it turn around and eventually find the market on its own?
Quote:
Husars cutting the path ... (but only Husars !)
Ah, forgot about the free hussar upgrade civ bonus, I haven't set hussars up. I think you would find you could also attack peoples villagers with them :P
Quote:
After 2:51 gametime ... 2 Tamerlan passed 4 bases ... (units always stpped in these edges)
Okay that is fixable
Quote:
Sky Workshop ... good idea ! But 10.000 wood for this building ? ... smile ... was happy that i had celts .... The other players was not amused .... lol ... you need with others civs hours to choop 10.000 wood. The researched time for wallace (750 wood each) is also too long (around 20-25 min gametime !/caused in the kind of building ?)
Yeah I just didn't want to worry about it being over powered i first test versions. Will probably make it cost 500 wood.

Quote:
And sometimes passed Units starting a second circut round ....

On full speed the counter don't work exactly (2-3 units counting as one)
I don't think I will ever get it perfect but I will try improve it.

Another idea I am thinking about is to cover most of your base with trees, so you need to clear them in order to build more. Thoughts?
Link | Reply | Quote
 2high4u

Posted 27 June 2012 - 1:59 am
my idea about the game beeing hard to win, is to make only the armor upgrade infinite , at some point lets say at price 20k , then price doesnt go up anymore, 20k for +1 armor, like that then its like an armor upgrade race, cause of course at some point u will have more armor than the ap of the enemy towers, and u will be able to pass :).
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 27 June 2012 - 2:02 am
Yeah it is set up like that now, altho I can't make it infinite, I can add more if i need to. One concern is I have made too many speed techs so towers can't hit the units - has anyone used the speed line and got all speed techs to try this?
Link | Reply | Quote
 jacob595

Posted 27 June 2012 - 1:44 pm
towers can hit them but they some times miss, also i had a game today that couldn't finish maybe make some more hp upgrades and armor upgrades for units. btw like your maps they great keep the good work up :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:21 pm
Was the axe tower the reason you couldn't finish?

As for arrows missing, think I will add a tech to speed them up so they don't miss.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Nimble_Donkey

Edited 28 June 2012 - 8:38 pm by Nimble_Donkey
Market units working good now. Maximum Unit speed is ok

considerations ....

[*] lower tower AP (max. 85?) ?
[*] more armor (=max tower AP) ?
[*] addional Units in military research center (1. Path ends in Saboteur (with ? AP, cutting path like the "husars" and are able to damage/destroy towers when hit) 2. Path ends in Dino 3. Path ends in demolition Ship (same abilities like sab but following path) 4. Path ends in rams ?
[*] all towers which can be upgrade in university min 100 stones (without firetower). all upgrades 30.000 gold (without firetower) ?
[*] sky workshop (3000 wood), Wallace upgrades same research time as wallace trader ?
[*] Team Speed (2x/3x price as individuel speed) ?

When imperial age most players only using the wallace trader. than the gold production raising very fast. If you have a basic trade + 6-7 full upgraded wallace the tower ap raising very fast. so its easy to reach the maximum of 135 ap.

For defence are rapid towers and full upgraded scorpion towers the best option. In center island scorpions and left/right rapids no existing full upgraded unit are able to pass this defence.

if you build axe towers on the right places (center island on edges/top, left/right on edges) they hit perfect. specially when full upgraded.

in beta 4 you are able to win fast, specially when you have turks. building militray research center. All 6 units on gold. Sell wood and stone @ market. before the 1st units starting their run you have min elite teuton knight with 200 HP. naraboga (1000), wallace (2500), elefants follow very fast .... little HP/speed upgrades ... and the game is done
Link | Reply | Quote
 jacob595

Posted 28 June 2012 - 5:19 am
no not axes most people just had rapids with 135ap or scorpion tower so when my whole team had fully upgraded units still couldn't get past.
Link | Reply | Quote
 2high4u

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:28 am
hey, i read what nimble donkey said, some pretty good ideas, but i hope u dont follow all of it, for example the wallace thing, ye its better if u make it 3k for the sky dock, but there is no way that is gonna be fun having to wait for the upgrades the same time as wallace production, i mean by this games will be way too much longer, and its a cool map but i wont be playing it each time up to 4 or 5 hours !!
Link | Reply | Quote
 Nimble_Donkey

Edited 29 June 2012 - 12:31 am by Nimble_Donkey
... bug ...

Units on path moved backwards

I had placed some monks on the path.

Than I created missionaries. I wanted them in edges. As they was on path they followed the path like the circuit Units. So I moved them backwards (see teal units between blue and grey base. these are the missionaries). Suddently game ends cause oppoment units moved bachwards .... lol

May be this or the Monks on path (blocking ?) causes the backwards movement ?

Link | Reply | Quote
 Keppie_

Posted 29 June 2012 - 2:04 am
Hey one bug I found is that dock trade units are getting stuck next to the dock and can't be moved. This was an enemies dock too.

[You must login to view link]

Really good concept though.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 29 June 2012 - 4:25 am
Thanks for bug reports, hopefully I will get around to fixing soon.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ TD ]ARGIE

Posted 29 June 2012 - 5:50 am
My new favorite map :-)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [s1L3nT]_SpiNNa

Posted 29 June 2012 - 9:31 am
My new favorite map :-)
My Sentiments Exactly,
The first time i played it
i got hooked....

Rambit, Thanks for the Map, and the Graphics are off the Chain!!!!!

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]23
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 31 posts