Suggestions: Revival of Age of Kings

pha0001

Posted 16 August 2010 - 4:17 am
"then how the hell can you get players?"

Surprise, surprise! That's the whole point of this thread. Why are you asking the same question back?
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Edited 16 August 2010 - 6:40 pm by mich
[TDR]Zhan wrote:
Well if you cant even get players when you are giving the game for free, then how the hell can you get players?
People have their reasons for not playing. I'm sure the reasons are plenty. Giving a copy of the game to users I'm sure has nothing to do with it.
[TDR]Zhan wrote:
Only way to attract new members is for IGZ to freely allow torrents of Aok to be used and played with.
Also, you contradicted yourself. (This is Voobly, not IGZ.)
Link | Reply | Quote
 BsK_Armani_

Edited 25 September 2010 - 4:48 pm by BsK_Armani_
Can you please allow/give an option to users to play rated games. Sure, you can keep the default as a non-rated room/game but there should be an option to play rated like there is to choose Anti cheat protection etc. It sucks not to have a point system anymore, I know the players wanted to get rid off it, but they made that suggestion and all F'd off! ;grr

Now, it's like playing vs the computer at times there is no challenge and no sense of competition left. If you give an option to play rated games, I guarantee you a lot of players will come back, if not; new players at the least will enjoy playing for points and with time, the number of players will increase exponentially.

So, concluding my point. Can we get the point system back and option to choose rated/non-rated games. Players can choose not to play rated if they want to, damn the old players who made this suggestion then ran away! ;grr

Thanks, in advance. ;)
Link | Reply | Quote
 DosBox

Posted 3 October 2010 - 8:44 am
Joinn my host name is DosBox ! :D
Link | Reply | Quote
 SSA_PoiZon

Posted 4 October 2010 - 2:18 am
Having games being rated won't help until there are plenty of people to have experts playing experts and "noobs" playing "noobs." Rated is good when you have enough people. But, when there are only a few, people will be too worried about their rate to play. When it started to die off on zone, and we had like 20 people, you would have people who had 1800 who wouldn't play under 1800 and gay crap like that
Link | Reply | Quote
 sx_3

Posted 5 October 2010 - 12:06 am
What about try to include AOK/AOC rm in the same lobby, same for DM and CS.
If theres 400 players in AOC CS lobby and you would be able to host AOK CS games, some AOC players might try a game just for fun and might even like it.

And since people from AOC already have AOK i dont see the big difficulties here.
Maybe add an icon besides the game like they have on GR
Link | Reply | Quote
 Khanate

Posted 5 October 2010 - 1:30 am
Who wanna play some Big BSB? 8)
Link | Reply | Quote
 SSA_PoiZon

Posted 5 October 2010 - 3:40 pm
People still play BSB? What about SS? If I don't need a CD, I'll play
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]Role

Posted 7 October 2010 - 8:56 am
poison as in my friend poison? Emp_IzoLe?
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Posted 7 October 2010 - 1:09 pm
Those of you still concerned about this lobby being rated - it won't be. As previously said, I don't know why you believe it should be rated because we hardly have any players to begin with. Since this lobby has been unrated, there have been a slight increase in the number of players in this lobby.

@ SSA - You dont' need a CD to play here. You just need to have the game installed, have the patch installed and our client.

Please see here for more information - http://www.voobly.com/pages/view/50/Getting-Started-Guide
Link | Reply | Quote
 SSA_PoiZon

Posted 7 October 2010 - 5:36 pm
poison as in my friend poison? Emp_IzoLe?

Yes kind sir.
Link | Reply | Quote
 SaVaGe_BLooD

Posted 9 October 2010 - 4:19 am
in my opinion what drives new players away is the lack of support and help plus having to download updates all the freaking time makes people prefer g***ra**** over voobly which is a lot more simple
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Edited 9 October 2010 - 1:08 pm by mich
The support and help is here. Either people don't know where to look, or they are too lazy to read the forum. The updates that were going on were client improvements for our players. For example, adding languages to our client so our players can choose which language they want to use as not all of our players speak English. We have made several changes to our client in the past months because many of our players requested these changes. Due to these changes, the client updates are necessary.

If you think the support and help here is bad...try finding it on GR. This is why we have moderators and forums.

Help can be found on the forum and on the client by clicking 'Help' (Forum), or by clicking 'Live Help' (Client) on the top right hand corner.
Link | Reply | Quote
 stolemysleep

Posted 9 October 2010 - 10:12 pm
in my opinion what drives new players away is the lack of support and help plus having to download updates all the freaking time makes people prefer g***ra**** over voobly which is a lot more simple
People play wherever the most players are, unfortunately they are all on a crappy zone. :(
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Posted 10 October 2010 - 11:44 pm
Indeed.

Link | Reply | Quote
1234[5]67891011
Displaying 61 - 75 out of 161 posts