Guess who's back?!

Guybrush

Edited 4 February 2014 - 3:30 am by NSGames
http://www.voobly.com/games/view/rortrial/

AoE: RoR Trial is! And we're looking for that community which thrived for so many years back on the MSN Gaming Zone. J86, myself and especially NSGames (who did the deed of actually adding the game for us) are all making an effort to put together all the old scenarios, maps, tools, and the actual program so that we can bring back all the players we used to know.

RoR Trial was a cult of its own. Hated by RoR full, shunned by AoE II, and probably one of the primary reasons I slept in class every day. From Oct 1998 all the way to Spring of 2005, the trial community flourished. During the latter part of the Zone's life, the RoR trial community also felt its own wake of disaster with many of the old players leaving to live life.

Why do we love trial? Why don't we shell out the extra $10 to get the full version? Why you ask? We ask the same question. Sure we can go to full and play all the maps that are available. And sure we get access to all the civilizations the full version has to offer. But the default map on trial already has literally hundreds of possible game solutions. Not to mention the countless custom maps (Like demon's DM maps) that are available. And best of all, it didn't cost a dime. There's just something to be said about the ingenuity that went into playing the one map RoR Trial had.

For me, RoR Trial holds a special place in my heart. Call it nostalgia if you will, but I love trial for the same reason millions of people love checkers.

Well, it's been a few years since the era of RoR trial, and we'd like to know if any of you are still out there.

Cheers from UwS_FlasheR, UwS_J86
Link | Reply | Quote
 Josh

Posted 28 September 2011 - 7:40 am
For those of you who don't know, I am UwS_J86 and I lead a revolution along with some close allies and colleages including UwS_FlasheR. The era of RoR Trial was a great one and quite possibly the most nostalgic part of the Age of Empires series.

To those who still yearn for a place to play RoR Trial, the wait is over. Tell your friends, family, enemies, frienemies, not-so-close acquaintances, distant relatives, stock brokers, insurance agents, coworkers, animals with opposable thumbs and anyone who will listen to gather any and all resources they may have collected over the many years of Age gaming to rejoin the spectacular community that is RoR Trial!
Link | Reply | Quote
 Guybrush

Edited 28 September 2011 - 8:13 am by Josh
Conq - conq****
3memos
UwS_Rob
rG_Joury
Guitardy (EriciTy)
EqUuS
RoR_MAGIC1
putin
St0nEmAn
DE_Creator
ZiGGy
2ndScroll (secondscroll)
Sephiroth
Jenova
Dylan
Interex
APO_Gret
RoR_En3rGy
RuShEr
_DoMaIn_
APO_Bubba
TroopA
SDO_MASTER
MrGlue
MrShoe
DE_Creator
VCF_Herofday_
GooD_Callmetodd
APO_VADER
APO_GENERAL
__N__o__F__x__
eggo_27

and dozens of others... we want you at voobly. :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 L1_m0n_ChU_P40

Posted 28 September 2011 - 8:02 am
casper? o la sabana mojada? ;angel tooth ;grin ;yahoo
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ A ]_PakistaN_

Posted 28 September 2011 - 8:09 am
I used to play AOK Trial...
Link | Reply | Quote
 Guybrush

Edited 28 September 2011 - 8:19 am by Guybrush
Get your own thread! :P

But no seriously, I never did play anything else. For me, MSN Zone = RoR Trial. Thanks to the Win 98 cd. :P
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ A ]_PakistaN_

Posted 28 September 2011 - 8:24 am
Well... honestly, the only way u might bring those players back is through msn, face book or some other way to contact them. There is a really high chance 90% of them aren't playing in 2011...
Link | Reply | Quote
 Guybrush

Edited 28 September 2011 - 8:31 am by Guybrush
We're hoping some of them actually still float around. Josh says he has tried his best to work some of old MSN contact lists. Unfortunately for me, my contacts went away with my old email account which got ravaged by spam monsters.

Voobly is essentially our only means of reaching out. :(
Link | Reply | Quote
 m1TcHy

Edited 29 September 2011 - 7:19 pm by m1TcHy
Guybrush wrote:
Conq - conq****
3memos
UwS_Rob
rG_Joury
Guitardy (EriciTy)
EqUuS
RoR_MAGIC1
putin
St0nEmAn
DE_Creator
ZiGGy
2ndScroll (secondscroll)
Sephiroth
Jenova
Dylan
Interex
APO_Gret
RoR_En3rGy
RuShEr
_DoMaIn_
APO_Bubba
TroopA
SDO_MASTER
MrGlue
MrShoe
DE_Creator
VCF_Herofday_
GooD_Callmetodd
APO_VADER
APO_GENERAL
__N__o__F__x__
eggo_27

and dozens of others... we want you at voobly. :)

LOL I ****ing trained half these guys on this list and I aint on it. BULL****! ;)

btw I got Basher on my facebook too i'll send him this way !!
Who else..

Skankinred
gun__leader
AcidFreeze
RoR_Wishmaster
DeAtHLoRd
ArcAngel__Fregon (i think i still got him on msn i'll hit em up)
Pantera__Fregon
Badson (think i still got em on msn too)
APO_fiction (think i still got em on msn too)
puma
Link | Reply | Quote
 Guybrush

Posted 29 September 2011 - 9:21 pm
Sorry mitchy, I was going from memory and also from a list Josh had on the old UwS site. Please get in touch with everyone you can.

Skankinred used to be on my msn, but I lost it. :(
Link | Reply | Quote
 Josh

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:27 pm
Mitch****! I'm glad you made it over here. I also messaged HUGOBEST on msn but he's Brazilian and he doesn't have a pc anymore. Apparently he only goes online from his cell phone.

But we could use your help! Spread the word! I would love to see RoR Trial back again!
Link | Reply | Quote
 RFR_GNUELL

Posted 30 September 2011 - 10:59 am
hi

hello
Link | Reply | Quote
 Josh

Posted 1 October 2011 - 12:04 am
GNUELL! Nice to see you. How have you been?
Link | Reply | Quote
 UwS_LeNgEnD

Edited 1 October 2011 - 8:38 am by UwS_LeNgEnD
I'm back :D. I miss this game dearly and I need to find demons maps :(
Link | Reply | Quote
 Josh

Posted 1 October 2011 - 2:47 am
nice!! the more the merrier.. we need to rebuild this community, so any contacts you may have let them know where to play ror trial again :)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2345
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 66 posts