Community Forums > Voobly Community > Age of Empires II: The Conquerors > Custom Scenario > Scenario Design > Scenario Design Questions > All the civs starting with the same resources in my designed scenario

All the civs starting with the same resources in my designed scenario

+pablo@voobly

Community Patch Developer

Posted 12 August 2022 - 10:48 am
Yes, you'd need to create a whole dat mod for it to work, upload it to voobly and use for your game.
That's why I keep saying that it's stupid to create a new data mod just to use an scenario, there has to be a way to do everything you need via triggers.
Link | Reply | Quote
 mystic1258

Posted 12 August 2022 - 11:05 am
Do every scenario need a new mod and get it uploaded on to voobly? what sort of a name will be the mod usually consists of?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Posted 12 August 2022 - 2:06 pm
No, a properly designed scenario can be shipped with only the .scx file. You shouldn't do a mod just for this.
What I'm trying to get across is that you are creating the scenario wrong if you need to modify the game data.
Link | Reply | Quote
 mystic1258

Posted 12 August 2022 - 2:38 pm
Yeah! thank you for giving the clarity. But this is the way I did it selected a random map nomad a giant map size and in players window selected 8 players and given the values. Then clicked on the generate map.
Link | Reply | Quote
 mystic1258

Posted 12 August 2022 - 3:06 pm
Could you please share me a simple nomad scenario for 8 players with AGE additions for huns persians chinese and mayans
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Posted 12 August 2022 - 6:10 pm
Again, if you want to make a scenario, any weird thing the players should have depending on the civilization can be done with triggers. I've never worked on them but that's why the technologies we started talking about exist.
Link | Reply | Quote
 mystic1258

Posted 14 August 2022 - 4:55 am
Hey Chris told me about AGE mod data forking with a new mod from workshop. And how is it that done. I could see a backup data file and original data file and 2 drs files. And the new mod have only 1 dat file and 2 drs files. which of these are modified and needed to be copied and which are to be deleted?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Posted 14 August 2022 - 2:39 pm
You have to respect everything that is in the data folder, you can modify it but it should exist.
You can read about the folder structure here:
[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 mystic1258

Posted 15 August 2022 - 5:50 am
Is there any other way that new mod can be given to others , other than discord directly through voobly?
Link | Reply | Quote
 mystic1258

Posted 15 August 2022 - 10:39 am
men are not showing interest to download empires2_x1_p1.dat file. They are just skipping my room. rofl rofl ;lol
Link | Reply | Quote
 mystic1258

Posted 15 August 2022 - 10:42 am
help me please with simpler way, Could I make this mod available in workshops I want to create a 100 nomad similar maps under it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Posted 15 August 2022 - 5:58 pm
I'll say it one more time: you are going way over your head with the data mod idea. You should be able to do it just with triggers in the scenario editor. Spirit of the Law once made a video where he created new civilizations in the scenario editor, he didn't have to make a new data mod for it.
If still you want to use a data file, create a data mod on voobly so players download it automatically when entering your room.
Link | Reply | Quote
 mystic1258

Posted 15 August 2022 - 8:04 pm
I like your idea! But what might be the eligibility criteria to get the voobly accept my mod. And how to submit and where to?
Link | Reply | Quote
 mystic1258

Posted 15 August 2022 - 10:18 pm
I am waiting for your reply eagerly!
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 15 August 2022 - 10:55 pm
https://www.voobly.com/games/view/Age-of-Empires-II-The-Conquerors/Game-Mods

Link | Reply | Quote
12[3]4
Displaying 31 - 45 out of 46 posts