Community Forums > Voobly Community > Other Games > Age Of Mythology > What the best god in Voobly Balance Patch 5.0?

What the best god in Voobly Balance Patch 5.0?

+miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Edited 26 June 2022 - 3:07 pm by +miko@voobly
Hi all,

I have another fun poll/discussion for all of you guys. What is the best mayor god in our current patch (Voobly Balance Patch 5.0)? You can choose from the following gods:

*Zeus
*Hades
*Poseidon
*Isis
*Ra
*Set
*Odin
*Thor
*Loki
*Oranos
*Kronos
*Gaia

Share your opinion. Who do you think is the best and explain why? Let's have an interesting and fun discussion about this. ;farmer

All the best,

Bombus
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Edited 26 June 2022 - 3:18 pm by +miko@voobly
I play TG almost exclusively, so I will focus on that. In my opinion Zeus is the best. He packs a very powerful late game with strong units, especially the tough to kill Heliopolis. Sure Egypt has a strong late game as well, but the difference is that they're almost useless in the early game. Zeus may not have a perfect early game either, but he still packs a good punch while being very versatile as well. An Athena rush with the Hoplite building bonus damage can be very effective. Also Centaur raiding is excellent in many situations and is made possible by Zeus' improved favor gathering.

Ceasefire and Underworld Passage can also be game changing god powers. Forge of Olympus is extremely strong as well: Zeus can get all of his upgrades cheap and fast, giving him a huge edge at the dawn of the later stage of the game. Belerophon is also a ridiculous unit, almost in the same league as Son of Osiris. Zeus seems to hold himself well in almost any match-up, which is something that can't be said for most other gods in the game. ;sword
Link | Reply | Quote
 Furkanthegreat

Posted 26 June 2022 - 3:16 pm
certainlty not atlantean and egyptin
norse decent
greek best
with patchs they nerfed egypt and atlantean all the time
and litle buffed greek and norse
norse is good hands of mista so other 1900 norse player crying bcs norse is not so strong still losing bla bla
if you give norse to mista he will show to you how playing norse correctly
greek is good against egypt can destory buidlings easy helepolis and petrobolos also heros
cyplo demigod polyhemues
against atlantean strong because atlantean cannot kill greek heros some bug they have no good damage against greek heros
against norse can make good wall to protect goldmines and villagers hyptst thing is good for killing
thats all in general
thats not about what you think thats truth check top20 games and see mostly time greek players won games
dont believe what ppl say or dont think what ppl doing true . truth is math
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 26 June 2022 - 3:23 pm
Hi Furkan, Thank you for sharing your opinion. Are you saying that Greek is the strongest in both TG and 1v1? I find it interesting that you state that Atlanteans can't kill Greek heroes effectively due to a bug. Do you think this is something that needs fixing? If so, elaborate please. :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 TNT_Carisma

Posted 26 June 2022 - 3:58 pm
just not balanced game still
for make balanced against greek u can unnerf oranos it will be balanced for oranos buff gaia buff kronos thats all
patch makers are not 1900 players and biased they dont like atlantean and egypt
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 26 June 2022 - 4:58 pm
Hi Carisma, Thanks for your input. You make some interesting points, but don't you think buffing Oranos will cause other balancing problems? I would be interested to hear your view on this. :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [CUD]Gorgonoid

Posted 26 June 2022 - 5:02 pm
Man Oranos beat all greek easily principally hades. No one knows how Hades can win Oranos.. Odin is too strong now.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 26 June 2022 - 5:25 pm
That is a very different idea, thanks. I thought Hades was a pretty strong god, him being Greek. Why is it that he has trouble with Oranos?
Link | Reply | Quote
 iStars

Edited 26 June 2022 - 6:13 pm by iStars
Zeus is most versatile god to play, you can play defensive, you can be agressive and both work well. I think you have a lot of strategies which can be used and are efficient, but also thats the reason I find Zeus as one of the hardest to master it to the perfection. You can get lost easily same way as being strong with it. I think its top3 but hard to say if best. Odin and Possy are defintely worth mentioning but in the end its all subjective.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 26 June 2022 - 6:53 pm
Hi iStars, That is a stance I can definitely get behind. I believe you are a Zeus main yourself, am I correct? Can you tell us what makes Zeus hard to master?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Bena_S_badji

Edited 26 June 2022 - 11:08 pm by Bena_S_badji
I agree with what bombus said, but in my opinion Ra deserves the second spot
Link | Reply | Quote
 [FE4R]caratrapas

Posted 27 June 2022 - 8:47 pm
Zeus good, Ra good, Isis good, poseidon good, Oranos good.
Gaia in tg is actually decent and super fun.
I'd say ra is still the strongest.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 28 June 2022 - 1:22 am
I'm seeing a lot of votes for Zeus and Greek in general. Can we conclude that Zeus is the best god in Voobly Balance Patch 5.0? Does anyone disagree with that and if so, why?

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 13 out of 13 posts