recorded game playback won't fastforward?

Ultra_Magnus

Posted 8 May 2022 - 6:36 am
Hi, recently when I watch a recorded game, the fastforward button will work only right at the beginning, but then it slows down to regular speed, maybe very slightly faster than regular speed. This is a new issue. I tried uninstalling and re-installing with no effect. I also tried the all-in-one-patch limked in the Steam community, but that did not help this issue.

It has also been crashing more often when there is a ton of stuff on the screen in the last few days.

Any advice would be appreciated!
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 8 May 2022 - 12:19 pm
That's normal... other known influences are your anti virus protection, your RAM and CPU usage depending on your hardware, OBS and other recording utilities etc.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Ultra_Magnus

Edited 8 May 2022 - 3:15 pm by Ultra_Magnus
+chris@voobly wrote:
That's normal... other known influences are your anti virus protection, your RAM and CPU usage depending on your hardware, OBS and other recording utilities etc.

Ok, interesting. I did notice that it is only happening with playback of games recorded on voobly (vs real player or AI) and not recorded offline games against AI. But it is a new issue, so maybe I have just hit a RAM limit or something with my number of saved games. Thanks!
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 8 May 2022 - 3:22 pm
The more recorded games you have in your folders, the slower the game when using the multiplayer platform. SWGB and AoE II are using the same engine, so what is stated in the article below, also applies to SWGB.
[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 Ultra_Magnus

Edited 8 May 2022 - 7:56 pm by Ultra_Magnus
+chris@voobly wrote:
The more recorded games you have in your folders, the slower the game when using the multiplayer platform. SWGB and AoE II are using the same engine, so what is stated in the article below, also applies to SWGB.
[You must login to view link]

It's weird though, because older recorded games that were played on voobly now also have the same playback issue when they didn't before. I saved all my recorded games to google drive, deleted and uninstalled everything then reinstalled and only brough back one recorded game and it still has that issue.

I tried recording a new game on voobly as a test and got the same issue. I guess it is what it is. I'll try and remember to save chapters when recording I guess.

Thanks for your time and help so far. It's just annoying not being able to fast forward through the slow parts anymore!
Link | Reply | Quote
 [SWG]_RvA_

Posted 8 May 2022 - 8:50 pm
As a workaround, you can temporarily switch to a lower resolution in-game (eg. 800x600) if you want to fast-forward. Recorded games play faster on smaller screen resolutions.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Ultra_Magnus

Posted 9 May 2022 - 7:20 pm
Thanks, good idea!
Link | Reply | Quote
 timai

Posted 10 May 2022 - 12:37 pm
No, it very simple - maybe game was 30mins running, that goes fast. Then, it slows down to game speed, when u r watching already that live currently running game
Link | Reply | Quote
 +kwin

Posted 10 May 2022 - 4:12 pm
If you watch recorded game in Voobly, set settings to no spectators, then you should be able to fast forward...
Link | Reply | Quote
 Ultra_Magnus

Posted 12 May 2022 - 5:11 am
+kwin wrote:
If you watch recorded game in Voobly, set settings to no spectators, then you should be able to fast forward...

How do you watch a recorded game in voobly? I saw some posts say it is under settings but all I see is restore game.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +kwin

Posted 13 May 2022 - 9:44 pm
How do you watch a recorded game in voobly? I saw some posts say it is under settings but all I see is restore game.

Click on settings, then click on watch recording, Check load a game recording, then choose the right game and click OK.

You must make sure that you watch the recording with same Patch and mods as the game is played.

PS:

The save game folder is not always the same one with some mods...
If you have the steam version of the game, not the AOC disks...
In that case:

Standard save game folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age2HD\savegame

"DE Balance" save game folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age2HD\Voobly Mods\AOC\Data Mods\DE Balance\SaveGame

"DE Balance-Allied vision" save game folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age2HD\Voobly Mods\AOC\Data Mods\DE Balance - Allied Vision\SaveGame

"Realms" save game folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age2HD\Voobly Mods\AOC\Data Mods\Realms\SaveGame

"v1.6 Game Data" save game folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age2HD\Voobly Mods\AOC\Data Mods\v1.6 Game Data

"WololoKingdoms" save game folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age2HD\Voobly Mods\AOC\Data Mods\WololoKingdoms\SaveGame
Attachments:
watch recording.JPG (file size: 79.37 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 11 out of 11 posts