Community Forums > Voobly General > Tournament Archive > RCB FFA League #4 ($1,000) (01 may - 31 may) - Rules

RCB FFA League #4 ($1,000) (01 may - 31 may) - Rules

[XceL]Donnie

Edited 24 June 2022 - 6:21 pm by [XceL]Donnie
RCB FFA League #4 (2022)

You must login into Voobly to view image

Thanks to ADNAN for the cash prizes.
Thanks to Voobly for the premium membership prizes.

Contents:

How to score max points

1. Play games with 8 players total.
  2. Play games with higher rated players.
  3. Damage every enemy pyramid (max 7).
  4. Be the first to major kill milestones (500 kills, 1000 kills, 1500 kills, 2000 kills).
  5. Survive until you have 175 wood (max allowed).
  6. Earn a lot of kings and quickly.
  7. Win the game.
  8. Submit 30 wins with as few losses as possible.

League Settings

Who is hosting? Donnie
What kind of tournament? RCB FFA League
When does the League start? 1st of August 2022 (0 GMT)
When does the League end? 31 August 2022 (0 GMT)

The RCB FFA League is a CS event that starts on the 1st of May 2022, and ends on the 31st May 2022 with the aim of providing a leaderboard of the most competitive and active RCB FFA players. The leaderboard is made by submitting matches to the League and thus earning score to yourself by a value stored in the match link itself.

You will be able to submit matches to review starting with the 1st of May in the RCB Match Submission subforum.

You are advised to make a thread for your name and post all your match links you wish to submit in that thread (to keep it organized and clean).
The match links will be reviewed and scored daily (some possible delays)

You can submit 30 matches during the event.

Submit matches here.

Leaderboard

Players List.

The leaderboard will keep track of the overall score of each player and position them to according rank.
I will try to update at least once per day, but some days new scores might get delayed by a day.

How does Real Leaderboard work?

• The Final score is calculated by multiplying Overall Score, Average Score(per game), Winrate, Average Kings Earned Per Minute and Average Enemy/Match Rating.
  • At the end of the tournament a full statistical breakdown will be posted along with the winners.
  • For a detailed explanation visit the Results and Statistics page.

Game Settings

The game has to be rated to CS - RCB.
RCB Fair Mod has to be enabled!
At least five or more players must be present at the start of the game
Games with four or less players will not give anyone score on the leaderboard
Scenario:
=V= RCB 2016 League
Speed: Fast
Starting Age: Standard
Resources: Standard
Lock Speed/Teams
Victory: Standard
Reveal Map: Explored
Record Game: YES
Cheats DISABLED!
All Tech DISABLED!

It is your duty to make sure the Game Settings are correct!

Additional Rulings

• Report a player here.
  • You are NOT allowed to sign up with more than ONE account.
  • Players who share IP with a member of family or with someone else are advised to contact me at the start of the League.
  • It is an example of bad sportsmanship to join a game, ruin it for the player who you have bad beef with and then die/suicide. You were not even trying to win. Play to win!
  • Any player with a pattern of negative behavior like targeting specific people, harassment, ruining games or purposely feeding should be reported to me.
  • You may be removed from the league if you violate the rules.

Tournament Host Rulings

Any rule may be changed by the tournament organizers on, before, or after the start.
All rulings by the tournament organizers are final.

Awards

Results and Statistics League #4

Thanks to ADNAN for the cash prizes.
Thanks to Voobly for the premium membership prizes.

Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy_OMN

Edited 16 April 2022 - 12:30 am by [Me_]Zanchy_OMN
The rules to me sound weird.

What I see/concerns:
- You are given points for staying alive longer: i.e. PUNISHED if you win faster. Also worth pointing out in FFA that usually the best/strongest player often dies first as they get so far ahead
- You are given points for kills, a player may get theo first and camp for a bit, then boat and kill all other players. 100% winner and deserved, but probably not kill lead
- Shouldn't be rewarding kill milestones as a) this is rewarded in game but also b) if vs a feeder.. this means nothing
Link | Reply | Quote
 [7th]_Awakeng__

Posted 16 April 2022 - 1:28 am
The rules to me sound weird.

What I see/concerns:
- You are given points for staying alive longer: i.e. PUNISHED if you win faster. Also worth pointing out in FFA that usually the best/strongest player often dies first as they get so far ahead
- You are given points for kills, a player may get theo first and camp for a bit, then boat and kill all other players. 100% winner and deserved, but probably not kill lead
- Shouldn't be rewarding kill milestones as a) this is rewarded in game but also b) if vs a feeder.. this means nothing
final scores = overall points multiple avg points multiple win ratio so points not everything
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Trumplaris

Posted 16 April 2022 - 2:51 am
putting up $1000 for a CS tournament in 2022.. Pretty nuts but good to see. GL with the event.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [s1L3nT]InfantryHero

Posted 16 April 2022 - 3:26 am
Very interesting
Link | Reply | Quote
 [A2G]Pr1nzAlien

Posted 16 April 2022 - 6:39 pm
>>>>Yes ,,.. hey to all ppl

Welcome to all and GL & HF :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [XceL]Donnie

Edited 16 April 2022 - 8:56 pm by [XceL]Donnie
updated
Link | Reply | Quote
 10_0

Posted 16 April 2022 - 7:19 pm
Adnan good person but sh*t friend ! ;thumbdown
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy_OMN

Edited 30 April 2022 - 3:00 am by [Me_]Zanchy_OMN
potato
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy_OMN

potato

Link | Reply | Quote
 Wilkommen____

Posted 17 April 2022 - 3:26 am
take
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy_OMN

potato
Link | Reply | Quote
 RiversPlate

Posted 18 April 2022 - 10:17 pm
OK. Here is my final post / suggestion etc. as there seems to be a mess and confusion as to how the league is / should be scored too. I think in the past nhoobish made a formula etc., which I don't agree with still as it's overly complex and rewards playing more too much (such that in each league, the player who played the most wins always), but also rewards camping and extending game time.

Here is my proposed, simple, new formula and logic behind.

Logic:
We should reward people finishing games quicker, not extending them
We should reward people who play in higher ranked games, i.e. 18xx rooms over 15xx
We should reward people who have kill leads / lots of kills in games, as oppose to those who get 500 kills, beli, camp for 3 hours and boat winner (example)
We should reward people for winning games
We should reward people for winning full (8p) games more than (7p) games more than (6p) games etc.
We need to take into account both winning and losing games as a player can win 70 games, but lose 300, which is a bad win/loss ratio, but if only winning counted, could win the league

So here is my formula- (PER GAME SCORE)
Final kills/1000 * 60/game time * 2 (if won, or 1 if lost game) * average room rate / 1600 * room capacity/8

An example of a winning game submitted of a player who finished with 1500 kills in 2 hours, with average room rate of 1800 and 8/8:

1500/1000 * 60/120 * 2 * 1800/1600 * 8/8 = 1.6875 (this is the points awarded for this 1 game)

The leader board, and final scores will be the sum of all matches (calc'd and tallied above), x by the win ratio

Win ratio: games won / total games played in league

I.e. for argument sake, let's say the player plays 50 games and wins 25, the final score / leaderboard score will be the sum of all games played as scored/calc'd in above formula * 25/50

This formula is simple, rewards players who end games fast, who play 8p games, who get lots of kills, who win games (high win ratios), who play in high rated games & also who play the most (but it's possible to win league with 50 games or 70, but probably not 30 for example)

Any thoughts?

i think we shuld add any kind of punishment design, for Feedpoints players.. There are many games where 2 players make a masssive feed point, and they get harald on min 26 on some cases. ruining rest players who dont got a better civ the game.
what about games where two players massively feed off 1600 kills each in just 15 minutes.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy_OMN

potato
Link | Reply | Quote
 [7th]_Awakeng__

Posted 18 April 2022 - 10:40 pm
* 2 (if won, or 1 if lost game) * average room rate / 1600 * room capacity/8
REGARDING THIS PART ITS ALREADY INCLUDED IN OLD FORMULA

I like the idea of reward who finish game faster but maybe up the 60 min to more realistic avg time as it hard to finish ffa game in 60 min with 8 players

Final kills/1000 about this part u r ignoring ppl who had first 2k advantage, other ppl who catch up with 2k kills will get same points at the end

i would like to notify the old 2 parts which ignored here ,trade profit and avg points for those reasons:

-Food Collected is the amount of kings you have earned during the entire game times two (this will encourage ppl to go noncampy boring heros theo like theos wiliams etc or may make them play with them for aggressively and get kills )

Wood Collected is the total sum of every 2 minutes survived. (for my experience this is a major part of league if u die first 30 min this will insanely impact ur scores which as avg scores which ill talk about below)

gold and stone not that big deal but still rewarding a player who reach 1500 more than player who finish 1000 as well as rewarding for dmg pyrmads

2nd part is avg points,as we know its 1 month league so we hv to consider long run performance
totally points according to formula/matches played maybe should be considered here

at the end final scores = overall points * winratio * avg points

thoughts?

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]234
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 50 posts