RCB Fair Mod questions and answers?

['RB']nhoobish

Posted 26 May 2021 - 2:04 pm
Minor Scenario Update
  • Tiny Island Kings spawn in after 3 seconds.
    If you use Idle Military hotkey to cycle to them, then it is advised not to do at the very beginning of the match.
  • Respawning Genghis Khan now has additional +15 AP.
    Archers of Eyes still remain the best pick, but choosing Khan should become more viable now versus Melee UUs, or perhaps Persians and Goths exclusively.
Link | Reply | Quote
 RiversPlate

Posted 26 May 2021 - 8:17 pm
This is being fixed. Update soon.

It would be possible, however, to lower the cost as the game progresses. In other words 0 to 59 minutes = 4 kings cost, 60 to 119 minutes = 3 kings cost, 120 to 179 minutes = 2 kings cost, 180+ = 1 king cost.

This is an excelent idea.. try made this.. cost dicrease on the game time.. But max 2 or 3 trebs no more.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ZomBunny

Edited 26 May 2021 - 11:16 pm by ZomBunny
hello lord nhoobish. many players complain about new speed of theo . this one is too slow - old one was too fast. can you little bit speed up theo movement speed please
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 27 May 2021 - 8:02 am
ZomBunny wrote:
hello lord nhoobish. many players complain about new speed of theo . this one is too slow - old one was too fast. can you little bit speed up theo movement speed please

The change was from 1.05 to 0.90. It is never going to catch up to Cavarly Archers and never will be able to. Pick your poison. All it can do is fight melee combat. It is not William or Belis. Even if it is put to let's say 1.00 that does only really improve it against Robin Hood.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]iLLyRiaN_

Edited 27 May 2021 - 2:29 pm by [Eot_]iLLyRiaN_
The change was from 1.05 to 0.90. It is never going to catch up to Cavarly Archers and never will be able to. Pick your poison. All it can do is fight melee combat. It is not William or Belis. Even if it is put to let's say 1.00 that does only really improve it against Robin Hood.

I think it should be improved to 1.00 to at least catch Robins. Other issue with speed might be Tamers, if you had some of those in mid after some time you can kill Belis, William, and Theo only by hit and run and they won't ever be able to catch your units. Tamer's speed should be reduced a bit imo.

About Subotai being too expensive, how about we don't change the cost of it, but instead 2 kings get returned after the purchase. Same as buying magne.

In order to reduce camping in long games and finish the games faster, how about after 2 hours of game players that have at least 80 units in the middle area receive a slower power up in those units, or receive an extra king for every x minutes of keeping their units outside of their base (excluding other bases). Encourage players to fight in the middle area and not wait in their bases to power up their units until they get global.

As for the new GK, from what I'm seeing until now it's useful only if you want to get kills but no razes, giving a slight bonus vs buildings might make it a better pick.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Edited 27 May 2021 - 4:34 pm by ['RB']nhoobish
I think it should be improved to 1.00 to at least catch Robins. Other issue with speed might be Tamers, if you had some of those in mid after some time you can kill Belis, William, and Theo only by hit and run and they won't ever be able to catch your units. Tamer's speed should be reduced a bit imo.

The issue in the first place was that Belis, William, Theo counter everything for the laughably low amount of kings - you just have to power them up enough. It is completely normal for them to have some counters in the game. The time investment and being exposed in the middle with Tamerlanes should be rewarding enough and I am not interested in punishing that player further. Weapon made huge amounts of nerfs back in the day to Tamerlane, it is a niche unit and if noone contests middle I would say that is their fault entirely.
About Subotai being too expensive, how about we don't change the cost of it, but instead 2 kings get returned after the purchase. Same as buying magne.

No. I am willing to return more of Subotai hit and run power, but I am not making it cheaper or giving it a refund mechanic.
As for the new GK, from what I'm seeing until now it's useful only if you want to get kills but no razes, giving a slight bonus vs buildings might make it a better pick.

Paladins are for razes and Archers are for Corner dominance.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Edited 31 May 2021 - 11:41 am by ['RB']nhoobish
Most likely the last scenario and mod update for a long time, unless anything critical comes up. I did have some other ideas like giving Aztecs and Mayans the option to make Eagle Warriors from Castles, but that not might be in the spirit of the game.

Scenario Update
  • Buying Archers of the Eyes researches Bracer for you.
    This means Imperial Age will not be required to utilise the unit for early Middle control or for Corner domination. Note: It will only be researched, if your Tech Tree has Bracer enabled.
  • Buying Belisarius or William the Conqueror researches Husbandry for you.
    This means you will not need to buy Villager and research this yourself to further improve the unit. Note: It will only be researched, if your Tech Tree has Husbandry enabled.
  • Buying Theodoric the Goth researches Squires for you.
    This means you will not need to buy Villager and research this yourself to further improve the unit. Note: It will only be researched, if your Tech Tree has Squires enabled.

The Husbandry and Squires auto-research was added to balance out the impact of nerfing the Movement Speed for Belis, William, Theo from how it was the past 4 years. I am sure plenty of clever people knew that those 3 units are fast, but if they also bought a Villager and researched the proper technology they could even make these units even faster. Which most likely lead to the case of these 3 units seem rather overpowered with the Mod speed buff and with the tech research combined. When bought these units will move virtually at the same speed as before, just it will not be possible to improve them again by buying the Villager, because of the auto-research. Hopefully this levels the playing between the average player and the clever ones who decided to acquire the Villager and make these units look overpowered.

Now, I do not want to know which genius bought Villager and spammed Elite Skirmishers versus his Corner opponent who had an Archer Civilization, and then eventually won the game through sheer luck or the average feeding. Most likely was an upper class player or a troll, this does not give you the right average players or below to spam Elite Skirmishers after buying Villager all day long when you have access to superior units like Paladin, Hand Cannoneer, Arbalest - that actually do damage. I considered entirely removing Elite Skirmisher and any other trash unit from the game, but I chose not to. Perhaps there is a really rare niche or fun strategy for them, but they are NOT there for you to just go and feed everyone.

For this, the Archers of the Eyes have been revised that was previously bought as Melee Inf civs to somewhat counter their Archer civ opponent in the corner or to take the Middle. From the massive nerf 4 years back they received they have not been used at all I see and hear, I myself use them often for Middle control, but it is difficult and might not work at all. Therefore, they have received some buffs again, to possibly justify their existance in the store. Note: you still get a very low and limited amount of them and thus will not be effective the longer the game progresses.

Mod Update
  • Archers of the Eyes Collision Size 0.3 -> 0.2.
    Adjusted for better patrolling capability.
  • HP 35 -> 50.
    Adjusted for surviving the journey to Middle towers.
  • Pierce Armour 0 -> 2.
    Adjusted for being able to stand your ground against Archer Civs in your Corner while playing as a Melee Civ.
    Note: These are unorthodox changes for now and I will closely monitor how this unit will fit into its category, there is a chance a follow-up nerf or a buff is needed depending on how it will perform against Archer Civs.
  • Squires, Husbandry and Bloodlines (not for Franks) enabled for all Civilizations.
    Gave these technologies to the few Civs that were still missing them.
  • Theo Movement Speed 0.9 -> 1.0.
    To be able to at least catch up to Robin Hood and other foot units.
  • Subotai Frame Delay 5 -> 0.
    Instead of making Subotai cost 6 Kings the value of the unit for 7 Kings has been improved slightly. Subotai will now be better at HnR and behaves more like a Mangudai unit than a normal Cavarly Archer.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]iLLyRiaN_

Posted 31 May 2021 - 1:21 pm
Most likely the last scenario and mod update for a long time, unless anything critical comes up. I did have some other ideas like giving Aztecs and Mayans the option to make Eagle Warriors from Castles, but that not might be in the spirit of the game.

Scenario Update
  • Buying Archers of the Eyes researches Bracer for you.
    This means Imperial Age will not be required to utilise the unit for early Middle control or for Corner domination. Note: It will only be researched, if your Tech Tree has Bracer enabled.
  • Buying Belisarius or William the Conqueror researches Husbandry for you.
    This means you will not need to buy Villager and research this yourself to further improve the unit. Note: It will only be researched, if your Tech Tree has Husbandry enabled.
  • Buying Theodoric the Goth researches Squires for you.
    This means you will not need to buy Villager and research this yourself to further improve the unit. Note: It will only be researched, if your Tech Tree has Squires enabled.

The Husbandry and Squires auto-research was added to balance out the impact of nerfing the Movement Speed for Belis, William, Theo from how it was the past 4 years. I am sure plenty of clever people knew that those 3 units are fast, but if they also bought a Villager and researched the proper technology they could even make these units even faster. Which most likely lead to the case of these 3 units seem rather overpowered with the Mod speed buff and with the tech research combined. When bought these units will move virtually at the same speed as before, just it will not be possible to improve them again by buying the Villager, because of the auto-research. Hopefully this levels the playing between the average player and the clever ones who decided to acquire the Villager and make these units look overpowered.

Now, I do not want to know which genius bought Villager and spammed Elite Skirmishers versus his Corner opponent who had an Archer Civilization, and then eventually won the game through sheer luck or the average feeding. Most likely was an upper class player or a troll, this does not give you the right average players or below to spam Elite Skirmishers after buying Villager all day long when you have access to superior units like Paladin, Hand Cannoneer, Arbalest - that actually do damage. I considered entirely removing Elite Skirmisher and any other trash unit from the game, but I chose not to. Perhaps there is a really rare niche or fun strategy for them, but they are NOT there for you to just go and feed everyone.

For this, the Archers of the Eyes have been revised that was previously bought as Melee Inf civs to somewhat counter their Archer civ opponent in the corner or to take the Middle. From the massive nerf 4 years back they received they have not been used at all I see and hear, I myself use them often for Middle control, but it is difficult and might not work at all. Therefore, they have received some buffs again, to possibly justify their existance in the store. Note: you still get a very low and limited amount of them and thus will not be effective the longer the game progresses.

Mod Update
  • Archers of the Eyes Collision Size 0.3 -> 0.2.
    Adjusted for better patrolling capability.
  • HP 35 -> 50.
    Adjusted for surviving the journey to Middle towers.
  • Pierce Armour 0 -> 2.
    Adjusted for being able to stand your ground against Archer Civs in your Corner while playing as a Melee Civ.
    Note: These are unorthodox changes for now and I will closely monitor how this unit will fit into its category, there is a chance a follow-up nerf or a buff is needed depending on how it will perform against Archer Civs.
  • Squires, Husbandry and Bloodlines (not for Franks) enabled for all Civilizations.
    Gave these technologies to the few Civs that were still missing them.
  • Theo Movement Speed 0.9 -> 1.0.
    To be able to at least catch up to Robin Hood and other foot units.
  • Subotai Frame Delay 5 -> 0.
    Instead of making Subotai cost 6 Kings the value of the unit for 7 Kings has been improved slightly. Subotai will now be better at HnR and behaves more like a Mangudai unit than a normal Cavarly Archer.

Good job. Seems like a great update. Can't wait to try it out :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Osprey_

Posted 31 May 2021 - 8:01 pm
If i'm not mistaken ,franks will have the weakest khan and subo having respectively 300 and 250 hp only ,you guys think it's ok ?
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Edited 31 May 2021 - 8:15 pm by ['RB']nhoobish
_Osprey_ wrote:
If i'm not mistaken ,franks will have the weakest khan and subo having respectively 300 and 250 hp only ,you guys think it's ok ?

They have the best Villager, and 4 years ago Weapon gave them Bracer too. And 20 HP is irrelevant in lategame mass unit battles. Most units die with an overkill of 5-10 or more arrows landing at the same spot where a unit is already dead.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ZomBunny

Posted 31 May 2021 - 9:10 pm
this is realy cute and modern. thanks henri
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 4 June 2021 - 10:24 am
To Do
  • Fix P4 haystack removal bug
  • Fix P4 Long to Short spawn for Heroes
  • Investigate Boat Death?
  • Consider placing Archers of Eyes to 40 HP
Link | Reply | Quote
 +Isey

Posted 5 June 2021 - 1:37 pm
good job bisho.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Edited 13 June 2021 - 11:24 am by ['RB']nhoobish
Small change to the Mod
  • Archers of the Eyes HP 50 -> 45

For the case of 2 King investment should not carry the player easily to past Tamerlane in terms of kill gain.

In regards to scenario, I fixed some haystack removal bugs, but I see no problem in relation to boat death or units disappearing. I am afraid, this means someone has to provide a rec again for me to actually get enough information from to track this bug. Because scouring through all triggers does not work in terms of finding what is required.
Link | Reply | Quote
 baby_cheesus

Posted 27 July 2021 - 10:10 pm
I didn't read all the changes. I can't really give feedback. I just wanted to comment and say that I'm glad people still enjoy this.

Link | Reply | Quote
12[3]4
Displaying 31 - 45 out of 47 posts