Voobly messenger and lobby disconnect sometimes

 wgh4317


Join Date: 20 April 2019
Posts:16
Posted 2 October 2020 - 10:06 am
Hello, why sometimes Voobly messenger and lobby will be disconnected and unable to connect for a while during the game.
Other sometimes I know it’s the restarting problem of my internet router.
Is this a voobly server problem or a problem with my home network?
Does voobly have a public maintenance time?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +[email protected]


Join Date: 17 January 2015
Posts:1292
Edited 3 October 2020 - 7:01 am by +[email protected]
Hello there,
wgh4317 wrote:
Hello, why sometimes Voobly messenger and lobby will be disconnected and unable to connect for a while during the game.
Other sometimes I know it’s the restarting problem of my internet router.
Is this a voobly server problem or a problem with my home network?

Disconnections to the Voobly server are usually caused by disruptions in your network. On rare occasions, the problem is at our end too but this scenario is quite rare. In the extremely rare scenarios when the issue is at our end, rest assured you won't be the only one affected. The best way to figure out if its a problem with your local network or ISP is to try connecting to Voobly over a completely different network (Example: your mobile network). While a mobile network is not ideal for gaming on Voobly, it will certainly rule out one of the possibilities.

Furthermore, if you are experiencing frequent disconnections, I would suggest keeping a ping window running to see if you are losing data packets. General remedies would include upgrading your router firmware to the latest available, making sure your wifi signal is strong and uninterrupted, or having securely plugged in cables (in case of wired networks). Make sure you are not using any VPNs or proxy and that you have your Voobly NAT port (UDP 16000) pointing to your computer's IP. Add exceptions to Voobly and your game in your security applications.

If none of the above seems to work and you continue to experience frequent disconnections, you may want to talk to your internet service provider about it.
wgh4317 wrote:
Does voobly have a public maintenance time?

Yes, we do. Every wednesday 10 AM (German time) or 8 AM UTC
Link | Reply | Quote
 wgh4317


Join Date: 20 April 2019
Posts:16
Posted 7 October 2020 - 11:10 am
Thanks.Vobbly Lobby can pass through ip(http) proxy.I didn't know at first. Ip proxy sometimes drops.General client games do not go through ip(htttp) proxy.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +[email protected]


Join Date: 17 January 2015
Posts:1292
Posted 8 October 2020 - 5:10 am
wgh4317 wrote:
Thanks.Vobbly Lobby can pass through ip(http) proxy.I didn't know at first. Ip proxy sometimes drops.General client games do not go through ip(htttp) proxy.

That would not help since the ports are completely different and your in-game traffic is routed via your NAT port that you set in Voobly (default is UDP 16000). This port needs to be open on your network. In the case of a proxy server, you would still need to make sure this port has unrestricted access and is open. Since Http proxy will only open port 80 TCP, it's effectively useless except for being able to access the Voobly website (assuming that it was inaccessible from your original network in the first place)
Link | Reply | Quote
 wgh4317


Join Date: 20 April 2019
Posts:16
Posted 9 October 2020 - 11:55 am
If Vobbly Lobby is disconnected and reconnected, I cannot upload this online game.But the game will continue to the end.
Most of the games are smooth, but the voobly lobby is disconnected. If the opponent has upload records, I will lose.If I win the game last,but the opponent disconnects, the game records will not be uploaded.I can only blame the lobby for reconnecting.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +[email protected]


Join Date: 17 January 2015
Posts:1292
Posted 10 October 2020 - 10:17 am
wgh4317 wrote:
If Vobbly Lobby is disconnected and reconnected, I cannot upload this online game.But the game will continue to the end.
Most of the games are smooth, but the voobly lobby is disconnected. If the opponent has upload records, I will lose.If I win the game last,but the opponent disconnects, the game records will not be uploaded.I can only blame the lobby for reconnecting.

I believe you are referring to messenger disconnections which is different than lobby disconnection. If you get disconnected from a lobby, any active games you are playing or watching will automatically come to an end.

As for game recordings, they are automatically uploaded to the voobly server after a game. Sometimes a player's point of view (POV), may not be available in the match for technical glitches however, you losing a game has nothing to do with recordings.

Finally if you drop/ disconnect in a 1v1 game, your game will give you a false alert saying that you won the game and that your opponent has disconnected instead. This does not mean that you won the game. If you do not see a game recording for a game that you won/lost in your profile, then you can rest assured the game was not completed or was played unrated.


Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts
Forum Jump:
1 User(s) are reading this topic (in the past 30 minutes)
0 members, 1 guests