Community Forums > Voobly General > General Discussion / Off Topic > Fix the ladder/rating issue PLEASE!

Fix the ladder/rating issue PLEASE!

[sT]DESRON

Posted 17 June 2020 - 5:22 pm
1. Voobly banned me from NPL cuz I am apparently too good for it. Rating cap 1380

2. In MS, I won a few games at start and suddenly my rating is 1640

3. Now, 12++, 13++, 14++, 15++ wont play with me or kick me from the rooms.

4. 16++ play and then bash me cuz I am too noob.

5. Mods tell me to host my own room and fix rating limits. But the same situation occurs again. Who will I
play with? 12++ 13++ 14++ 15++ won't enter cuz my rating is 16++. And the 16++ guys bash me and
say go to NPL.

6. I was just starting to play properly in NPL when I was banned. Why not set NPL rating to 1500? At least
by then I will be able to play on par with the 16++ guys on MS

7. Or fix the MS lobby point system. Why give away 30+ points when I win a few games at start? It totally
screws up my rating and creates a big perception problem with the rest of the players.

8. I am not enjoying my time on Voobly at all now. I purchased premium because I was enjoying playing
when I was in NPL and I wanted to contribute to voobly.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +Isey

Posted 17 June 2020 - 7:10 pm
Hi Evanescent19,

Honestly i dont get your point at all. you can be against npl ban under your own reasons, i am ok with that; but you cant keep 16xx rating getting bashed by 16xx, and so you can have your games in 15xx-14xx-etc rooms.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ A ]lVl0NsT3lZ

Posted 18 June 2020 - 8:57 am
Quote:
Voobly banned me from NPL
Try intermediate lobby then?
Link | Reply | Quote
 IvIuSiC

Posted 19 June 2020 - 11:51 am
Try intermediate lobby then?

He's even less likely to get a game there rofl
Attachments:
npl vs ipl.jpg (file size: 37.27 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 IvIuSiC

Posted 19 June 2020 - 11:52 am
It's actually totally dumb... I played a few games in NPL lobby and then got ejected... I just returned after 5 years not playing so am basically a new player.

Finding it very hard to compete in RM with others.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 19 June 2020 - 12:22 pm
IvIuSiC wrote:
It's actually totally dumb... I played a few games in NPL lobby and then got ejected... I just returned after 5 years not playing so am basically a new player.

Finding it very hard to compete in RM with others.
Yeah, but new players don't have 1300+ games on the DM ladder in MS. Your may be "bad" on AOC now, because you haven't played for several years. But you are certainly not a new player anymore.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 19 June 2020 - 12:23 pm
IvIuSiC wrote:
He's even less likely to get a game there rofl
No wonder, if you take a screenshot showing the player population after peak hours. Even in MS / NPL, half of the people are afk. lol
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 19 June 2020 - 12:25 pm
[sT]DESRON wrote:
12++ 13++ 14++ 15++ won't enter cuz my rating is 16++. And the 16++ guys bash me and
say go to NPL.
You must play and lose against them, until you reach your real rating, which is then 12xx or 13xx. Even if we decrease the default rating to 1500 in MS, the problem will remain the same. If you are new to a ladder, you must play a couple of games, until the rating will reflect your real player skill. And yeah, no wonder you lose against existing 16xx players in MS, because they are much better than you.
Link | Reply | Quote
 IvIuSiC

Posted 19 June 2020 - 1:17 pm
+chris@voobly wrote:
No wonder, if you take a screenshot showing the player population after peak hours. Even in MS / NPL, half of the people are afk. lol

My point was that you can't tell someone to go to the inter lobby lol - its not the same as npl... totally different.

How can there be 1000 players in the npl lobby of an evening... there can't be that many "new" players
Link | Reply | Quote
 IvIuSiC

Posted 19 June 2020 - 1:18 pm
+chris@voobly wrote:
You must play and lose against them, until you reach your real rating, which is then 12xx or 13xx. Even if we decrease the default rating to 1500 in MS, the problem will remain the same. If you are new to a ladder, you must play a couple of games, until the rating will reflect your real player skill. And yeah, no wonder you lose against existing 16xx players in MS, because they are much better than you.

agreed with this lol.... ultimately the rating system will figure itself out... that's how it works :P

look at it as a good opportunity to learn to play against better players
Link | Reply | Quote
 IvIuSiC

Posted 19 June 2020 - 1:53 pm
+chris@voobly wrote:

agreed with this lol.... ultimately the rating system will figure itself out... that's how it works :P

look at it as a good opportunity to learn to play against better players
Link | Reply | Quote
 R15K

Posted 19 January 2021 - 2:43 pm
Hey I found this topic interesting, I have kind of the same situation. I ve been playing only BF lord in NPL for like 300 games in total and recently got banned. How am I not a new player with 300 games and the knowledge of the easiest map of the game? And I was not even the best at BF lord in NPL at all... good players simply resign to never get banned. So this banning system is pure nonsense, hope some competent admin is gonna fix it one day.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 19 January 2021 - 7:54 pm
R15K wrote:
Hey I found this topic interesting, I have kind of the same situation. I ve been playing only BF lord in NPL for like 300 games in total and recently got banned. How am I not a new player with 300 games and the knowledge of the easiest map of the game? And I was not even the best at BF lord in NPL at all... good players simply resign to never get banned. So this banning system is pure nonsense, hope some competent admin is gonna fix it one day.

ikr

https://www.voobly.com/profile/view/125537001/Ratings
https://www.voobly.com/profile/view/125625503/Ratings
https://www.voobly.com/profile/view/125829318/Ratings
https://www.voobly.com/profile/view/125843735/Ratings
https://www.voobly.com/profile/view/125867138/Ratings
https://www.voobly.com/profile/view/125802535/Ratings
Link | Reply | Quote
 R15K

Posted 19 January 2021 - 8:51 pm
Damn I forgot the existence of some of them ;2angel ok it's 439 games so, not 300. But I still haven't played a single game on arabia... am I supposed to learn it in the MS lobby? My rating seems to be 1600+ for BF / BF Lord but I haven't practiced any open maps / water maps strategy yet. Being banned from NPL is rude dude!

Regards
Badabim
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ X ]PrIMeZ

Posted 23 January 2021 - 5:33 am
=)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 15 posts