Rebirth of Herofest

[I3acI]_TaCo__

Edited 13 May 2020 - 8:05 am by [I3acI]_TaCo__
Hi

I have only started playing age of empires 2 again and joined voobly not played since MSN Gaming Zone and i have seen one BIG improvement and that is to get people playing Herofest again competitavely just like Castle Blood and the other Bloods.

The reason why i believe herofest is not played much anymore is because unlike the other blood scenarios HF you have to build a lot and use your witts a lot. Another reason why people do not play it as much is because the technique that players lack with this map which can be improved with propper communication and people being taught how to play the game like we did in Zone.

Im a very experienced Herofest player and the only way to make people aware of this map again is to teach them the buildout ( How to start your base earlygame and how to build out ) from there they can make there own way.

Hoping to bring back HF to its glory days and maybe when we have enough guys we can start making a Herofest league again.

I have linked a video here to show a basic template i use to play this game it will help you have a good start and help you to rush your opponent but becareful your villagers are most important always protect then other players online will try to get them from the get go!!.

Main buildings you will use in order of usage:
Castles.
Bombard Towers.
Town Centres.

Civilization to use:
TURKS ONLY

Units:
Janisarry - ( Make these with your start up heroes for the first 10 minutes)
Heroes

TaCo guide herofest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5bavSbcDbY&t

Link | Reply | Quote
 MrAnGeL

Posted 13 May 2020 - 4:46 am
8) ;yahoo ;doofy ;good
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]tr4house

Posted 13 May 2020 - 5:15 am
;1thumbup
Link | Reply | Quote
 [mouz]jotita7

Posted 13 May 2020 - 7:32 am
is a camp map thats why . needs changes
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_TaCo__

Posted 13 May 2020 - 8:10 am
Everyone says its a camp map but its not its a rush map its all about the villagers if you can stop the other person from building faster than you, You win! if not then its going to be a long night for you. Its a skilled scenario which involves speed and thought.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ZOET

Edited 13 May 2020 - 8:48 am by ZOET
TACO FEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attachments:

Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_TaCo__

Posted 13 May 2020 - 8:51 am
ZOET wrote:
TACO FEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my God :P
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Trumplaris

Posted 13 May 2020 - 8:57 am
If you really haven't been around since zone I'm afraid you're in for a rude awakening. Generally HF isnt played much anymore because its just a boring and campy map for most. There's a new version of it with rams made but you seem like you're one of the usual old schoolers that come back and think you're gonna go back to your glory days and run things, and that just isnt what happens in most cases.

Link | Reply | Quote
 _IYIastA_

Posted 13 May 2020 - 10:22 am
If you really haven't been around since zone I'm afraid you're in for a rude awakening. Generally HF isnt played much anymore because its just a boring and campy map for most. There's a new version of it with rams made but you seem like you're one of the usual old schoolers that come back and think you're gonna go back to your glory days and run things, and that just isnt what happens in most cases.

+1

Try Herofest Redux (with siege rams and bombard towers for all civs), or MrAngels new edit.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_TaCo__

Edited 13 May 2020 - 10:33 am by [I3acI]_TaCo__

Again you can put in all the seige rams you like at the end of the day its about skill i could beat you in the first 5 minutes or i could beat you in the 55th minute at the end of the day if you dont get my vills and stop the push the map is worth nothing. so i digress.. Skill over whatever you tweak the map. Ive been slapped by players who have better skill than me i slapped players with lower skill at the end of the day its how much you play the map and how much you adapt no need to make things easier for you if your going against a guy of similar strengths to you then its going to be a hard game stop making excuses.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_TaCo__

Posted 13 May 2020 - 10:31 am
P.S I actually wrote this post to help people become better at herofest not to play a map that someone made easier.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _IYIastA_

Posted 13 May 2020 - 10:41 am
A lot of people argue the opposite. You are free to promote the map, just be aware of the reputation that the older version has now.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_TaCo__

Posted 13 May 2020 - 10:53 am
Oh absolutely it has a bad rep for the wrong reasons but I do expect a bit of brush off from it
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_TaCo__

Posted 13 May 2020 - 11:00 am
Hi

I have only started playing age of empires 2 again and joined voobly not played since MSN Gaming Zone and i have seen one BIG improvement and that is to get people playing Herofest again competitavely just like Castle Blood and the other Bloods.

The reason why i believe herofest is not played much anymore is because unlike the other blood scenarios HF you have to build a lot and use your witts a lot. Another reason why people do not play it as much is because the technique that players lack with this map which can be improved with propper communication and people being taught how to play the game like we did in Zone.

Im a very experienced Herofest player and the only way to make people aware of this map again is to teach them the buildout ( How to start your base earlygame and how to build out ) from there they can make there own way.

Hoping to bring back HF to its glory days and maybe when we have enough guys we can start making a Herofest league again.

I have linked a video here to show a basic template i use to play this game it will help you have a good start and help you to rush your opponent but becareful your villagers are most important always protect then other players online will try to get them from the get go!!.

Main buildings you will use in order of usage:
Castles.
Bombard Towers.
Town Centres.

Civilization to use:
TURKS ONLY (Due to the face having same civ shows your actual skill level)

Units:
Janisarry - ( Make these with your start up heroes for the first 10 minutes)
Heroes

TaCo guide herofest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5bavSbcDbY&t
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Edited 13 May 2020 - 11:19 am by [Eot_]Marvel__
I remember you from AOK, AOC herofest is a different world and not comparable.

Herofest is a camp map in AOC, you can claim it's not, but we've seen it over and over again in competitive settings/tournie's. Hence the anti camp map. 3-4 hour games, no kills for last 1-2 hours.

The Ram map isn't easier, it's just a different style of play to help prevent stalemates every game.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]23
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 37 posts