Crashing whenever I try to join a game

[sT]tad01

Posted 6 May 2020 - 1:44 am
Whenever I try to join a game Voobly crashes entirely so far i've done the following:
1. Uninstall Voobly and Reinstall (twice)
2. Made sure my anti-virus wasn't blocking it
3. Made sure my firewall wasn't blocking it

This started happening randomly while I was looking for a game I haven't made any setting changes or Isp changes.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Troy

Posted 6 May 2020 - 2:01 am
Hello,

Upon entering or creating a game room for the first time, please wait a minute for the NAT handshake to occur (between the client and the server). The time this takes depends on the system you are using and the amount of players.

Which means don't click or touch anything as soon as you join a game room. Allow it time to connect its self and then you can touch and click all you want :P

cheers ;flowers
Link | Reply | Quote
 Deniz_Martell

Posted 6 May 2020 - 2:09 am
dear staff, thank you for trying to solve problem but to make it clear

"Which means don't click or touch anything as soon as you join a game room."

when i click "join" its immediately crashing, no matter what. only few times it allowed me to join game room. it crashes even i exit the room. its really strange. i can record a video about it if you like
Link | Reply | Quote
 +eric@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 6 May 2020 - 2:23 am
Please host a game room first before joining others. The handshake only occurs once, meaning, you should be able to enter other game rooms afterwards. You can also try a less crowded lobby and see if it makes any difference.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [sT]tad01

Posted 6 May 2020 - 6:54 am
Troy wrote:
Hello,

Upon entering or creating a game room for the first time, please wait a minute for the NAT handshake to occur (between the client and the server). The time this takes depends on the system you are using and the amount of players.

Which means don't click or touch anything as soon as you join a game room. Allow it time to connect its self and then you can touch and click all you want :P

cheers ;flowers

Didn't work It still crashes
Link | Reply | Quote
 [sT]tad01

Posted 6 May 2020 - 8:16 am
I can host a game just fine but after I leave it after like 5 mins and try to join another it auto-crashes
Link | Reply | Quote
 +kwin

Edited 6 May 2020 - 1:43 pm by +kwin
Do you guys ever delete your recorded games? (or move them to other place on your hd)?
Also, make the multi folder empty in the recorded games folder...

cd version:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\SaveGame

HD version:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age2HD\savegame

HD Wololo version:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age2HD\Voobly Mods\AOC\Data Mods\WololoKingdoms\SaveGame

It maybe not fix your problem, but it's never bad to do this...
Link | Reply | Quote
 Generalisimus

Posted 7 May 2020 - 5:13 pm
[sT]tad01 wrote:
Didn't work It still crashes

Same here. Crashes...

Now, @Troy, if we have to load until things are "ready", why not update the UI and add some sort of spinner or some indicator to show when things have connected and features can be safely used????
Link | Reply | Quote
 Generalisimus

Posted 7 May 2020 - 5:16 pm
Alright, Team Voobly. I have a proposal.

Its official. The Voobly app IMHO stinks. Its 1990 design and look and feel and the way rooms are selected is very old and poor in my opinion. Its got a ton of usability and performance issues. But, you must have an API that powers everything. So, what would it take to build a new better functioning UI? I might be interested in contributing here and developing it.

Let me know.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Generalisimus

Posted 7 May 2020 - 5:29 pm
+kwin wrote:
Do you guys ever delete your recorded games? (or move them to other place on your hd)?
Also, make the multi folder empty in the recorded games folder...

cd version:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\SaveGame

HD version:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age2HD\savegame

HD Wololo version:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age2HD\Voobly Mods\AOC\Data Mods\WololoKingdoms\SaveGame

It maybe not fix your problem, but it's never bad to do this...

This does nothing for crashes by the way.....
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 7 May 2020 - 5:33 pm
Nothing a clean installation cannot fix:
[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 7 May 2020 - 5:35 pm
Regarding the performance issues, I can assure you, that this is not code related. The growth of our player base has exploded with corona by 400% and our server simply does not have the resources to handle this. On the other side, no one knows, whether all these players will stay, when Corona is over. And we unfortunately don't have the money, to cover the costs for another server or a major server update for the next 12 months. Voobly is not a company, we are a community project. The only money we get is the Google Adsense revenue and the money from our premium subscriptions.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 7 May 2020 - 5:40 pm
Alright, Team Voobly. I have a proposal.

Its official. The Voobly app IMHO stinks. Its 1990 design and look and feel and the way rooms are selected is very old and poor in my opinion. Its got a ton of usability and performance issues. But, you must have an API that powers everything. So, what would it take to build a new better functioning UI? I might be interested in contributing here and developing it.

Let me know.

This is not a proposal, this is ranting. Unobjective. Exaggerated. Polemic.

We are volunteers, we help players in our free time and the same people also run Voobly.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Anik3t_

Posted 7 May 2020 - 7:28 pm
+chris@voobly wrote:
We are volunteers, we help players in our free time and the same people also run Voobly.
If people are all volunteers , I guess it will be correct time to make some codes of voobly open source or atleast a more detailed description on how voobly works and its algorithms.

In past only those communities have been successful which have been open source. I am not a pro developer or anything but I'm CS graduate and have proficiency in .net and Android and would love to look into its code ;)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Basilis_co

Posted 12 May 2020 - 1:17 am
Buen día. Persiste el problema, después de ingresar al lobby, cuando me quiero unir al juego se cierra completamente voobly.

Gracias

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 16 posts