Userproxy crash on linux 64

 VincenzoX


Join Date: 25 April 2020
Posts:3
Edited 5 May 2020 - 2:22 pm by VincenzoX
Hey!
The userproxyd is great, I'm running it on windows for my friends. I tried to use it on linux (x86_64 machine) and I get an Abort. I attach the core dump.
Code:
14:11:10 Debug assert failed on line 45 of ../../../common/src/osutils.cpp. 14:11:10 Obtained 6 stack frames. 14:11:10 ./userproxyd(_Z13OS_PrintTracev+0x17) [0x80a0667] (Demangled: OS_PrintTrace()) 14:11:10 ./userproxyd(_Z9OS_AssertiPKcS0_z+0x16a) [0x80a0eca] (Demangled: OS_Assert(int, char const*, char const*, ...)) 14:11:10 ./userproxyd(_Z7OS_InitPFviPKcS0_E+0x39d) [0x80a4ced] (Demangled: OS_Init(void (*)(int, char const*, char const*))) 14:11:10 ./userproxyd(main+0x482) [0x808eec2] 14:11:10 /lib32/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf1) [0xf7ca6e81] 14:11:10 ./userproxyd() [0x808e0a1] Aborted

On a separate note, it would be great to have the source code, to build it for non x86 plaforms: I'd like to host a permanent proxy on a low-power linux device (e.g. raspberry pi).
Attachments:
core.15727 (file size: 2.14 MB)
Link | Reply | Quote
 VincenzoX


Join Date: 25 April 2020
Posts:3
Posted 16 May 2020 - 7:25 pm
up, Voobly team, up.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +[email protected]


Join Date: 17 January 2015
Posts:1142
Posted 18 May 2020 - 7:21 am
The userbase for linux on Voobly is probably less than 0.1%. Sadly I cannot test the linux version at my end. What OS and architectures have you tried this on? You can try testing on Ubuntu, Centos or Debian with x86 architecture. If nothing works, I would suggest you stick to the windows version for now. Since the popularity of user proxy never reached the expected numbers and considering that the program has probably not been updated in nearly a decade, I wouldn't hold my breath on getting it to work. About you getting the source code for user proxy, I am not too sure, but that seems less likely too.
Link | Reply | Quote
 VincenzoX


Join Date: 25 April 2020
Posts:3
Posted 24 June 2020 - 12:25 pm
Dear sunny,
thank you for your reply. I used Ubuntu 18.04 on a x86_64 machine.

I debugged and fixed the problem.
The offending code was
Code:
if ( !setlocale(0, "en_US.ISO-8859-1") ) OS_Assert(45, "../../../common/src/osutils.cpp", 0, v16);

The assertion failed because no such locale existed on my machine. I fixed the problem patching the executable to use en_US.utf8 with the following modifications:
Code:
00136FAD: 49 75 00136FAE: 53 74 00136FAF: 4F 66 00136FB0: 2D 38 00136FB1: 38 00 00136FB2: 38 00 00136FB3: 35 00 00136FB4: 39 00 00136FB5: 2D 00 00136FB6: 31 00

An alternative solution would be to just install the required locale.



Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts
Forum Jump:
1 User(s) are reading this topic (in the past 30 minutes)
0 members, 1 guests

Most active threads in past week: