Mod suggestion: teen villagers

AnCapMetalhead

Posted 18 June 2019 - 10:16 pm
with this newly created villagers would come out of the town center not yet mature, acting like the negative stereotype of teenagers, and after 20 in game years become regular villagers.

the teen villagers would resist player commands by fulfilling them at lower quality:
instead of regular houses the houses they are tasked to build become postmodernist houses, adding only 2 population space.
they refuse to build military buildings, turning idle next to it after adding 1% to their completion.
for other buildings their contributions are at half the build speed of regular villagers.
resources are also gathered at half speed.
they have reduced resistance to conversion.
walking speed and attack strength against buildings are slightly increased however.

for sprites i"d suggest:
male teen as a skinny version of the male villager, but with hair in player colour and no beard
female teen with a white crop top, skirt in player colour, and hair also in player colour

looking forward to your feedback, and hopefully interest from a modder.
the suggestion is also posted on steam.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 20 June 2019 - 8:22 pm
wat
Link | Reply | Quote
 AnCapMetalhead

Posted 21 June 2019 - 8:28 pm
[MM]Gallas wrote:
wat
please be more specific as to what about it needs clarification
Link | Reply | Quote
 piquero_99

Posted 23 June 2019 - 12:10 am
im new how can i join a game?? please help if just downloaded Voobly and i have AOE II but dont know how to do this thanks
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Blood_Drainer

Posted 23 June 2019 - 1:51 pm
lol this is funny
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 23 June 2019 - 4:55 pm
child villagers please
Link | Reply | Quote
 [8D]Riukas

Posted 26 June 2019 - 8:13 am
hehe, this one's cool :D
(btw, posting my first AOE1 mod on voobly now)
Link | Reply | Quote
 EZ_CR1MSON

Posted 27 June 2019 - 5:36 pm
to me, this sounds like too much. I think your asking for too much i mean. Im not sure if this is within the realm of possibility and even if it is, it would take extreme amounts of labor and effort.
Changing the sprites sounds possible but a different type of house that is only available to a unit that changes with a timer doesnt sound possible. Futhermore, the 20 year timer is incredibly short. Even though i see where you were going with it, and why u say around 20 years, the fact is, in game time runs insanely fast.

Also, i dont see anyone playing with it to be honest.

Now... dont take this the wrong way. I dont know much in the way of writing mods for this game to begin with. My experience tops out at not breaking the sytax when trying to modify scripts for maps and bots XD

Also, I like the premise of where you were going with this! and i see several ideas that can be extrapolated from this as well, even if the possible issues i pointed out turn out to be real. Someone could write a mod that puts all villagers lives on a timer (maybe?) where they just keel over after they drop off whatever they are carrying\finish their last job when the timer is up. Or what might be even cooler, is a mod where all units cost like half as much, but every vill and military unit in the game comes with an upkeep cost. there may already be a mod like this but if there isnt, i could see it being incredibly popular as ive seen several other games with upkeep costs. This would change the games dynamics massively.
Link | Reply | Quote
 EZ_CR1MSON

Posted 27 June 2019 - 5:38 pm
child villagers please

i dunno why but this concerns me lol
Link | Reply | Quote
 Asen_

Posted 27 June 2019 - 9:43 pm
I already resized a unit with Photoscape, i think if the mod be more especific can be created.
Link | Reply | Quote
 DoobieWonder

Posted 30 June 2019 - 12:27 am
Teenage Villagers - Cheaper cost, slower build rate but faster walk speed.
Keep it simple, I like the idea.
Link | Reply | Quote
 jonidvdponi

Edited 2 July 2019 - 4:46 am by jonidvdponi
those are stereotypes, teenagers are better that what you mak them look
Link | Reply | Quote
 AnCapMetalhead

Posted 2 July 2019 - 6:51 pm
EZ_CR1MSON wrote:
to me, this sounds like too much. I think your asking for too much i mean. Im not sure if this is within the realm of possibility and even if it is, it would take extreme amounts of labor and effort.

Futhermore, the 20 year timer is incredibly short. Even though i see where you were going with it, and why u say around 20 years, the fact is, in game time runs insanely fast.

Also, I like the premise of where you were going with this! and i see several ideas that can be extrapolated from this as well, even if the possible issues i pointed out turn out to be real. Someone could write a mod that puts all villagers lives on a timer (maybe?) where they just keel over after they drop off whatever they are carrying\finish their last job when the timer is up.
as someone that"s not a programmer either i can"t tell if this is possible with reasonable effort, but hope a modder thinks it is, you are right in this asking for more than simple mods.

yes, the 20 years is just for fitting the theme, should it add more than some hilarity to games that can be adjusted.

sure, and suppose villagers cost 5 or 10 food to make and lasted 100 in game years, the 20 year timer would be significant again, those ideas could work together, but also independently
those are stereotypes, teenagers are better that what you mak them look
i understand that, the idea for this is to be stereotypical, a bit ridiculous and lighthearted fun.
Link | Reply | Quote
 AnCapMetalhead

Posted 2 July 2019 - 6:53 pm
lol this is funny
[8D]Riukas wrote:
hehe, this one's cool :D
(btw, posting my first AOE1 mod on voobly now)

thank you for the support
Teenage Villagers - Cheaper cost, slower build rate but faster walk speed.
Keep it simple, I like the idea.

thank you for the idea, you are right that would be easier to create
Link | Reply | Quote
 [RVK]TroySlack

Posted 3 July 2019 - 7:43 pm
Just replace villager file image with a picture of teen girl lmao. We already have black villager mod so it's possible to change the looks of villagers.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 22 posts