Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Game related Problems and Questions > Unable to join in-game lobbies for Age of Conquerors

Unable to join in-game lobbies for Age of Conquerors

Cyril2

Posted 13 June 2019 - 2:50 am
Hi, me and my friend have used voobly to play multiplayer for the base age of kings game, however whenever we attempt to play age of Conquerors we are able to create the lobby but cannot connect to each others in game lobbies regardless of who is hosting. We both have the latest patch . For troubleshooting we even did a clean reinstall of the exact same copies of the game. Both are Game and network Diagnostic Data match.
Also we both have the game running as admin, in windows xp service pack 3 compatibility mode . We have also checked that both voobly and the games have their firewall exception rules in place.
Game Diagnostic
Non-DirectPlay game path is 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Age Of Empires 2 & The Conquerors Expansion - Full Game'
Verifying 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Age Of Empires 2 & The Conquerors Expansion - Full Game\language_x1.dll' exists...
Success!
Verifying 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Age Of Empires 2 & The Conquerors Expansion - Full Game\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' exists...
Success!
Voobly path is 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly'
Game version is '1.0C-VLY'
Verifying 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Age Of Empires 2 & The Conquerors Expansion - Full Game\language_x1_p1.dll' exists...
Success!
Checking DirectPlay libraries...
Looking for dpwsockx.dll...
Looking for dplayx.dll...
'c:\windows\system32\dplayx.dll' size: 218112 bytes
DirectPlay Init Success!
Scanning installed DirectPlay games...
Age of Empires II
Age of Empires II - The Conquerors Expansion [found]
Game was found in DirectPlay registry!
DirectPlay play thinks the game is installed at 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Age Of Empires 2 & The Conquerors Expansion - Full Game'
DirectPlay command line is 'Lobby'
DirectPlay play thinks the game exe is at 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Age Of Empires 2 & The Conquerors Expansion - Full Game\AGE2_X1\age2_x1.exe'
Verifying file exists... Success!
DirectPlay play thinks the language dll is at 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Age Of Empires 2 & The Conquerors Expansion - Full Game\language_x1.dll'
Verifying file exists... Success!
Scanning 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\AOC\age2_x1.exe'
Success!

Everything looks fine. DirectPlay is configured and the game was found on your harddrive. If you still have problems try rejoining the lobby or restarting your computer.

Network Diagnostic
our local network port (UDP) is 16000. All game traffic is routed through this port. This can be changed in "Settings" -> "NAT Traversal".

Attempting to connect to 3 test servers. This will take around a minute to complete...

Received data from 'server 2' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 1' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 3' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
14 seconds left.
9 seconds left.
4 seconds left.

Test Result: All Pass
Network Health: All tests passed
Recommended Action: None
Details: All tests passed.

Any help is appreciated as age of kings will never compare to AOC and we just want to have some fun :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 prize

Posted 13 June 2019 - 9:31 am
Hey, can you guys connect to other players?

It's very strange because if network diagnostic is ok for both of you, then i can't really think of anything that may would prevent a connection between both of you.

Maybe another techy?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 13 June 2019 - 1:52 pm
You are using a pirated copy of the game and we strongly recommend that you buy the game instead. That said your connectivity issue is a different topic altogether.

Are you both playing from the same network? If yes, one of you will need to change your NAT port to something else (16001 probably). If not, then you need to first find out which one of you is fp to other players in your game room. The next step would be to login to your router and make sure your NAT port is open by setting up a port forwarding rule to open that port to point to your computers IP (look for the port forwarding option on your router)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cyril2

Posted 14 June 2019 - 6:29 am
Thank you for the response, we are both on the same network yes. i will try changing my nat port and will check if its open. We can connect to other players as prize asked.I have purchased the game in the past the physical cd, however i haven't tried installing it as it is scratched. I have purchased the game as its a good game and i do want to support it, i just didn't see the harm in downloading a copy if i already have paid for it in the past.But your help is appreciated
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cyril2

Posted 14 June 2019 - 6:36 am
Changing the nat port fixed it thank you

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 5 out of 5 posts