suddenly most players are FP in AOC

moocowmoo

Edited 17 May 2019 - 10:22 pm by moocowmoo
Hi,

If I could get some ideas I'd appreciate it very much. When I enter a game (table?)(room?) in Medieval Siege (and presumably other lobbies too) I can connect to a couple players but most are FP. This started two or three days ago. Before that, it's been fine.

Here's the whole story:

Voobly is running fine; I can join Medieval Siege and play.
Voobly had an update; I let that install, and it did.
Right away Voobly had a second and longer update; I let thst install too, and it did.
But when I started Voobly after that my antivirus alerted on voobly.exe, said it matched a virus signature known as IMA.ALEXA.51 or something like that.
My AV is Avast Antivirus.
So I let my AV quarantine that file, which means move it off to the side or put it in its "vault" or something.
So voobly.exe is quarantined.
Then I downloaded the Voobly installer from the web site and tried to do a paveover install with that.
It said it couldn't write over voobly.exe, probably from what the AV did.
So I can't even install.
So I went back to AV and unquarantined voobly.exe.
And then did the paveover install which seemed to work.
I can launch voobly and get in a room.
But now I have this FP problem, half the peope are FP.
So I figured some setting changed, some port I need to open, but I don't know what.
So yesterday I want to my most recent back-up (from before all this problem started) and restored the whole voobly directory from that.
Then I did the paveover install again.
And I still have FP problem
That's where I am now.

Here's what Voobly Network Diagnostics says, as of ten seconds ago:

Starting networking diagnostics...

Your local network port (UDP) is 16000. All game traffic is routed through this port. This can be changed in "Settings" -> "NAT Traversal".

Attempting to connect to 3 test servers. This will take around a minute to complete...

Received data from 'server 1' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 2' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 3' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
14 seconds left.
9 seconds left.
4 seconds left.

Test Result: All Pass
Network Health: All tests passed
Recommended Action: None
Details: All tests passed.

What should I check next? Thanks!

Link | Reply | Quote
 +eric@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 17 May 2019 - 10:42 pm
It's usually a false positive but I still recommend scanning for any potential malware/threats on the PC.
Afterwards, add the Voobly folder to your exception list in Avast and then reboot. Click [You must login to view link] for more information regarding exceptions.

Cheers.
Link | Reply | Quote
 moocowmoo

Posted 18 May 2019 - 2:53 am
I'm guessing Voobly settings are stored in the Windows Registry rather than in a file. That would explain why restoring the whole directory doesn't also restore settings. Do I have it right?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +eric@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 18 May 2019 - 2:12 pm
Voobly released an update, your AV noticed the changes and flagged it as a threat. That is a false positive.
By excluding the folder from real-time scanning it will not end up in the quarantine again.

To avoid installation issues in the future, [You must login to view link] is how you download, install Voobly and save your settings.

Cheers.
Link | Reply | Quote
 moocowmoo

Edited 20 May 2019 - 5:33 am by moocowmoo
Thanks very much for the information and links.

Do you (or anyone) have thoughts on the FP issue? It's still keeping me from playing.

It wasn't a problem before any of this.

Thanks again.
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:27 am
Hi.

Did you forward the 16000 UDP port in your router ? Even the network diagnostics shows you that, you still need to open it.

Here is how you should proceed :

-First, set manualy a static IP,. Please follow this link :
https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1034+How+to+configure+a+static+ip+address
Don't forget to follow all steps.

-Second, enter your router with your login/password, then go to the port forwarding section and set the 16000 UDP port toward the configured static IP.

-Third, disable UPnP in your router if it isn't done.

Try and let us know.
Link | Reply | Quote
 moocowmoo

Edited 21 May 2019 - 4:47 am by moocowmoo
hassan wrote:
Hi.

Did you forward the 16000 UDP port in your router ? Even the network diagnostics shows you that, you still need to open it.

Here is how you should proceed :

-First, set manualy a static IP,. Please follow this link :
https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1034+How+to+configure+a+static+ip+address
Don't forget to follow all steps.

-Second, enter your router with your login/password, then go to the port forwarding section and set the 16000 UDP port toward the configured static IP.

-Third, disable UPnP in your router if it isn't done.

Try and let us know.

Hi and thanks El Hassan.

I did these things which you asked:

1 - Set a static IP. (I was already getting the same IP by DHCP before, with the router reserving the address for my PC, but I set it to static IP now.)

2 - Verified port forwarding of UDP 16000 to my static IP. (This was already set in the router before, but I checked and verified it.)

3 - Verified that UPnP is disabled. (This was already done before, but I checked and verified.)

Then I:

4 - Rebooted to verify static IP assignment is working, which it is.

5 - Opened the Voobly client and tried to join a game to see if still FP. Yes, most players still showing as FP.
Link | Reply | Quote
 moocowmoo

Edited 21 May 2019 - 6:02 am by moocowmoo
Results of running Network Diagnostics just now:

Starting networking diagnostics...

Your local network port (UDP) is 16000. All game traffic is routed through this port. This can be changed in "Settings" -> "NAT Traversal".

Attempting to connect to 3 test servers. This will take around a minute to complete...

Received data from 'server 1' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 2' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 3' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
14 seconds left.
9 seconds left.
4 seconds left.

Test Result: All Pass
Network Health: All tests passed
Recommended Action: None
Details: All tests passed.
Link | Reply | Quote
 moocowmoo

Edited 21 May 2019 - 6:07 am by moocowmoo
Results of local and remote debug log yesterday:

Log of moocowmoo's connection to Monk_G
Code:
| | direct | user proxy | fast proxy | slow proxy | | Default Gateway | No | No | Yes | No | | State | Dead | Dead | Healthy | Healthy | | Data Sent | 89 KiB | 0 B | 128 B | 252 B | | Data Recv | 0 B | 0 B | 128 B | 252 B | | Packet Loss | 0% | n/a | n/a | n/a | | % TCP | 0% | n/a | n/a | n/a | | Retries | 0 | n/a | n/a | n/a | | Redundant | 0 | n/a | n/a | n/a | | Seq In | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | | Seq Out | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | | Pending Packets | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | Reorder Buffer | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | # Reconnects | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | RTT (Last) | 100ms | n/a | n/a | n/a | | RTT (Avg) | 100ms | n/a | n/a | n/a | | Max Retry | 0ms | n/a | n/a | n/a | | Last Peer Check (Sent) | 7 | 7 | 7 | 7 | | Last Peer Check (Recv) | 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 | | Max Retry | 0ms | n/a | n/a | n/a | | Packets TX/sec (Last) | 30 | n/a | n/a | n/a | | Packets TX/sec (Avg) | 30 | n/a | n/a | n/a | | Packets TX/sec (Bytes) | 0 B/sec | n/a | n/a | n/a | | Port (Remote: Used) | 0 | n/a | n/a | n/a | | Port (Remote: LAN) | 16000 | n/a | n/a | n/a | | Port (Remote: WAN) | 16000 | n/a | n/a | n/a | | Port (Local: Used) | 0 | n/a | n/a | n/a | | Port (Local: LAN) | 16000 | n/a | n/a | n/a | | Port (Local: WAN) | 17155 | n/a | n/a | n/a |
[01:18:58] [User: Monk_G] Local User: moocowmoo, Remote User: Monk_G
[01:18:58] [User: Monk_G] [Tunnel: direct] State changed to DCC_INIT
[01:18:58] [User: Monk_G] Received remote candidate port list, LAN Port = 16000, WAN Port = 16000, User Proxy = :0
[01:18:58] [User: Monk_G] [Tunnel: user proxy] No user proxy specified
[01:18:58] [User: Monk_G] Sending local candidate port list, LAN Port = 16000, WAN Port = 17155, User Proxy = :0
[01:18:58] [User: Monk_G] [Tunnel: fast proxy] Received PH_TYPE_TUNNEL_TEST
[01:18:59] [User: Monk_G] Peer ack'ed local candidate port list
[01:18:59] [User: Monk_G] [Tunnel: direct] State changed to DCC_TUNNEL_TEST
[01:18:59] [User: Monk_G] [Tunnel: fast proxy] Received PH_TYPE_TUNNEL_TEST_ACK
[01:18:59] [User: Monk_G] [Tunnel: fast proxy] Proxy -> FPS_ALIVE
[01:19:14] [User: Monk_G] [Tunnel: direct] Trouble connecting to Monk_G -- increasing scan range
[01:19:29] [User: Monk_G] [Tunnel: direct] State changed to DCC_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED

Log of Monk_G's connection to moocowmoo
Code:
| | direct | user proxy | fast proxy | slow proxy | | Default Gateway | No | No | Yes | No | | State | Dead | Dead | Healthy | Healthy | | Data Sent | 88 KiB | 0 B | 128 B | 252 B | | Data Recv | 0 B | 0 B | 128 B | 284 B | | Packet Loss | 0% | n/a | n/a | n/a | | % TCP | 0% | n/a | n/a | n/a | | Retries | 0 | n/a | n/a | n/a | | Redundant | 0 | n/a | n/a | n/a | | Seq In | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | | Seq Out | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | | Pending Packets | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | Reorder Buffer | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | # Reconnects | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | RTT (Last) | 100ms | n/a | n/a | n/a | | RTT (Avg) | 100ms | n/a | n/a | n/a | | Max Retry | 0ms | n/a | n/a | n/a | | Last Peer Check (Sent) | 11 | 11 | 11 | 11 | | Last Peer Check (Recv) | 11 | 11 | 11 | 11 | | Max Retry | 0ms | n/a | n/a | n/a | | Packets TX/sec (Last) | 30 | n/a | n/a | n/a | | Packets TX/sec (Avg) | 30 | n/a | n/a | n/a | | Packets TX/sec (Bytes) | 0 B/sec | n/a | n/a | n/a | | Port (Remote: Used) | 0 | n/a | n/a | n/a | | Port (Remote: LAN) | 16000 | n/a | n/a | n/a | | Port (Remote: WAN) | 17155 | n/a | n/a | n/a | | Port (Local: Used) | 0 | n/a | n/a | n/a | | Port (Local: LAN) | 16000 | n/a | n/a | n/a | | Port (Local: WAN) | 16000 | n/a | n/a | n/a |
[23:19:16] [User: moocowmoo] Local User: Monk_G, Remote User: moocowmoo
[23:19:16] [User: moocowmoo] [Tunnel: direct] State changed to DCC_INIT
[23:19:16] [User: moocowmoo] Sending local candidate port list, LAN Port = 16000, WAN Port = 16000, User Proxy = :0
[23:19:17] [User: moocowmoo] Peer ack'ed local candidate port list
[23:19:17] [User: moocowmoo] Received remote candidate port list, LAN Port = 16000, WAN Port = 17155, User Proxy = :0
[23:19:17] [User: moocowmoo] [Tunnel: user proxy] No user proxy specified
[23:19:17] [User: moocowmoo] [Tunnel: direct] State changed to DCC_TUNNEL_TEST
[23:19:17] [User: moocowmoo] [Tunnel: fast proxy] Received PH_TYPE_TUNNEL_TEST_ACK
[23:19:17] [User: moocowmoo] [Tunnel: fast proxy] Proxy -> FPS_ALIVE
[23:19:17] [User: moocowmoo] [Tunnel: fast proxy] Received PH_TYPE_TUNNEL_TEST
[23:19:32] [User: moocowmoo] [Tunnel: direct] Trouble connecting to moocowmoo -- increasing scan range
[23:19:47] [User: moocowmoo] [Tunnel: direct] State changed to DCC_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED
[23:19:59] [User: moocowmoo] Received peer log request for uid: 0

Link | Reply | Quote
 moocowmoo

Posted 24 May 2019 - 6:25 am
What should I check next?
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 26 May 2019 - 2:33 pm
Please provide us a screenshot of your configuration in the router you made. Also an "ipconfig /all" screenshot would be great.
Link | Reply | Quote
 moocowmoo

Edited 28 May 2019 - 1:29 am by moocowmoo
hassan wrote:
Please provide us a screenshot of your configuration in the router you made. Also an "ipconfig /all" screenshot would be great.

Thank you. Coming up.

Attachments:
router-voobly-1.jpg (file size: 327.78 KB)
router-voobly-2.jpg (file size: 324.28 KB)
ipconfig-voobly-1.jpg (file size: 494.12 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 moocowmoo

Edited 28 May 2019 - 1:40 am by moocowmoo
Just a note, this problem started without changing anything in my firewall or my router. That's why I went with reinstalling the Voobly client and with trying to restore Voobly settings from back-up of the voobly/ directory after the reinstall reset the settings.

That's also why I asked about where Voobly settings are stored. I assume it's in the Windows Registry, right? Because that would explain why reinstalling Voobly reset the settings (which I did have to put back in, for example all my chat notification preferences), and why restoring the voobly/ directory from back-up did not restore settings.
Attachments:
settings-voobly-1.jpg (file size: 152.13 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Edited 28 May 2019 - 11:59 am by +sunny@voobly
Hi.

About settings, it's indeed restored as default when you reinstall Voobly.

For your network settings, they seem okay. What I can suggest you is to try to check if your 16000 UDP port is open with this free tool : [You must login to view link]

Try and let us know how it is.

EDIT:
====
Since you are using a DLink router, please use 'Virtual Servers' to setup your port forwarding instead of the 'Port Forwarding' option on your router. You can remove the existing rule you created.
Link | Reply | Quote
 moocowmoo

Edited 2 June 2019 - 10:46 am by moocowmoo
Thanks again El Hassan.

I did disable the Port Forwarding rule.

And I added a Virtual Server in the router, shown in the attached screenshot below. Does that look like it's correct?

(I don't know what the "17" refers to in the screenshot. That's a disabled field and I can't change it.)
Attachments:
router-voobly-3.jpg (file size: 326.79 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 18 posts