Fast proxy but Good ping in game

Nabozo4

Posted 23 September 2018 - 12:44 am
Hi voobly,

I used to be able to play fine, but not anymore.
Port 16000 udp is forwarded on the router. The network diagnostics are all passed, always. The ping in game is good, I don't lag, even with many players. But with most users I show as FP (>80% users atm).
I've tried manually adding rules on the firewall (for voobly everything is allowed, did a rule for 16000 too), I've tried disabling avast, or the firewall, to no avail. I even briefly tried installing windscribe, didn't see any improvement with that extension.
I've tried to look at "debug logs" but from what little I understand, they just inform me the direct connection fails with certain users.

One possibility I suspect is that other devices in the house are making voobly think my connection is weak. But it happens at all hours, even when those devices are not used.
Another is that avast maybe has taken a "rule" against voobly and put it in "quarantine mode" (it used to do that every two weeks and I had to reinstall voobly). But as said, disabling it doesn't help.
Or maybe I have too many "voobly_old" now and the rules have become messy.

I'm a bit at a loss.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Nach0

Posted 23 September 2018 - 2:55 am
HI!
apparently you have tried everything and even then it does not work. try to disable the windows firewall . Also try disabling the avast firewall. if nothing is the problem comes from the internet company you have, ask them to enable port 16000, change the modem for another model or try to change your internet provider. I hope this helps. regards!!
Link | Reply | Quote
 Nabozo4

Posted 29 September 2018 - 2:02 pm
For the record, I think I have found the solution: the problem seems to be the "internet booster" that has been added to the network, supposedly to make it faster (or stabilize the speed).
My problems disappear when it's disconnected.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 3 out of 3 posts