Average Match Rating

Dej4Vu

Posted 22 March 2018 - 4:34 pm
seems like some ppl dosn't understand, this gave you a measure of players real level(or at least a bit closer if not)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Icey

Posted 22 March 2018 - 4:36 pm
****ing lobby is so small you know who you are playing
Link | Reply | Quote
 _IYIastA_

Edited 22 March 2018 - 4:42 pm by _IYIastA_
Icey wrote:
****ing lobby is so small you know who you are playing

You do know voobly has another lobby for this game right?

edit: ah i see its in CS discussions, but it would never be CS specific if it was added.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Dej4Vu

Posted 22 March 2018 - 4:45 pm
Ya, if any mod can move this thread to the right section would've good
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Edited 22 March 2018 - 5:19 pm by mich
Moved to Suggestions Forum

Do you mean the average rating like an aka rating but for all players in the match? Or for what the players current rating is in that game/match?

Interesting suggestion either way.

Link | Reply | Quote
 JimmyRaton

Edited 22 March 2018 - 6:49 pm by JimmyRaton
THIS is the best idea i have seen in a while........Mich you should ask nhoobish more about this i remember him implementing this in the rcb league.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Dej4Vu

Posted 22 March 2018 - 7:03 pm
mich wrote:
Moved to Suggestions Forum

Do you mean the average rating like an aka rating but for all players in the match? Or for what the players current rating is in that game/match?

Interesting suggestion either way.
no, i mean to add a new ladder statistics to profile ladder
> https://www.voobly.com/profile/view/123905955/Ratings/games/profile/123905955/268
Ladder Statistics
Statistic Value
Current Rating 2015
Highest Rating 2015
Average match Rating 1xxx
Wins 224
Losses 193
Streak 2
especific match rating >
Match Details #17438388
Date Played: Yesterday, 2:06 am
Match Rating: 1940
Map: =V= CBA Hero AC V13.scx
Duration: 00:33:11
Players: 8
Game Mod: v1.5 Beta R6 | Advanced Statis
so by taking all match ratings you make a average rating that a player use to play to gave you a real rating level player.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Dej4Vu

Posted 22 March 2018 - 7:04 pm
JimmyRaton wrote:
THIS is the best idea i have seen in a while........Mich you should ask nhoobish more about this i remember him implementing this in the rcb league.
you mean about score leaderboard?this is already applied in rtd too
Link | Reply | Quote
 JimmyRaton

Edited 22 March 2018 - 7:34 pm by JimmyRaton
This idea was used in RTD and RCB leagues because they were ffa type.There is one MAJOR flaw in this idea when it is implemented for tgs that is if ur team is full 2k and enemy team is 16xx then the avg match rating will be 18xx which will be unfair for the 16xx guys and nice way to cheat for 2k guys. So i suppose we can have something like "DEVIATION" instead of "AVERAGE MATCH RATING" this for ONLY TGS:
For TEAM 1 players DEVIATION can be calculated as the average of ratings of TEAM 2- average of ratings of TEAM 1
and vice versa

If a player has high positive deviation it means he plays against high rated players
If a player has high negative deviation it means he is a noob basher

For 2k+ players the rating used in calculation of the 2k+ player's deviation can be capped to 2000 because they will find it hard to find players of 2k+ rate.
Again this capping can be done at 2050(i am in cs idk about rm) also i have just given an example
Link | Reply | Quote
 [TnW']DraculeMihawk_

Posted 22 March 2018 - 7:30 pm
U should at average ally rate and standard enemy rate to then if u gonna pay attention to this stuff.
Link | Reply | Quote
 supercrackRCB

Posted 22 March 2018 - 7:36 pm
U should at average ally rate and standard enemy rate to then if u gonna pay attention to this stuff.

this is the deviation which the Guy above you is talking about . is ok
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy____

Edited 22 March 2018 - 8:20 pm by [Me_]Zanchy____
There is only 1 way the system can and will work and that is as follows:

Everybody plays everybody and anybody, on the same accounts, each player has only 1 account, players do not purposely ever lose/throw games, and players play vs people of ALL rates. Particularly in the top 10 of each ladder and overall, that means play when you're challenged, the more games the more accurate.

^ I say the last statement because it's quite easy for a high rated player to lose 1 game to lower rated player/s, but over the course of 10 for example, will win many more, 8-2 9-1 etc.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [dv8]OrangWuTang

Posted 22 March 2018 - 8:55 pm
tldr I had this idea a while ago too. It shows whos just a noob basher and who isnt which is a good thing imo. But I doubt staff cares enough for it to be implemented.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Dej4Vu

Posted 22 March 2018 - 9:05 pm
Shouldn't be a big deal to take avg rating, it's a bit easy to implement and only work in profile ladders, not in lobby.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Evil_Weasel

Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:42 pm
kind of useless. it's already easy to guess the average rating of a match and the balance/imbalance of teams, it's simple math. to see if somebody is usually playing against lower/higher rated people you can simply look at their profile... it's really easy to check.
while the thing about putting a average rating on the match itself is fine, putting it on a profile is kind of stupid.
first of all, how do you want to do it? for each map one average rating? makes everything REALLY simple with the plenty ladders that we already have... and if you take multiple ladders into one average ladder it doesnt say anything at all.
also, if you just keep going with that ladder, imagine somebody starting out at voobly. he plays ~400 gamse and stays at ~1600 rating. the he quickly improves to 1800-2000. but his average rating will stay at 1600-1700, because of the amount of games already played. in the end he gets stigmatised for no real reason, just because he just recently gained his rating... you could make it so it only takes the games of the last few months into account, but in the end it isnt saying much. especially for maps with few players. if you are higher rated, you are forced to play against lower rated people on some ladders, as well as you have to play vs higher rated if you are low rated... i remember times of the day where it was simply impossible to find an RCB game with 1800+ players. the elo system is already designed in a way, that it factors in, that you are more likely to win against a lower rated player.
to me it sounds like you are butthurt, because somebody overtook you on the ranking ladder and you are looking for an excuse to discredit that person. just challenge him and take some easy points if you think he doesnt deserve them... if he doesnt want to, the "average rating" doesnt change anything besides people argueing which ladder counts more (which is kind of ironic, because one is based on the other, and your claim is, that it isnt accurate...). if somebody is really noob bashing, it is quite obvious from their profile...

adding the average rating of the matches to the match statistics does no harm, that's fine, but adding an average rating as a ladder-like feature to profiles is stupid, useless, and probably even counterproductive.

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]3456
Displaying 16 - 30 out of 84 posts