HD Hotkeys [solved]

DiddlySquat

Edited 8 October 2017 - 5:33 pm by Jineapple
Hey!

I seem to have a problem with getting the HD Hotkeys. I downloaded the mod, followed the instructions and everything worked fine. Then I changed some hotkeys (because I thought I had the same functionality as in HD) and realised that I messed up everything, so I clicked "reset to default", which converted all my hotkeys back to AOC default. Tried uninstalling the mod and re-installing, but hotkeys won't change, even when I create a new profile. I tried all the instructions listed in the mod, yet it still won't change the hotkeys to HD default again. I'm playing on patch 1.5.

Any help would be appreciated!
Link | Reply | Quote
 Jineapple

Posted 8 October 2017 - 11:13 am
Here's what I would do: Change your hotkeys on HD as you like them. Uninstall the HD hotkeys mod. Go into the Age2HD installation folder and look for player0.hki in the profiles subfolder. Make a copy of that and name it player1.hki. Paste that copy into the aoe2 installation folder (That's the age2hd folder if you're using compatibility patch), not in any subfolders. If you haven't yet, start a game in single player (host a game room, starting in the sp menu is an option in the top menu bar under "game"). In the SP menu, click on options and you'll be prompted to enter for your profile. Do that, and the hotkey file you copied should be recognized properly.
Link | Reply | Quote
 DiddlySquat

Posted 8 October 2017 - 11:53 am
Hey, thanks for the reply! I did what you told to do (removed all other .hki profiles beforehand to avoid clashes), but for some reason the games makes a new .hki file (called playerx.hki where x is a number, at 15 now) when I launch and uses that as default. Any ideas what is causing this?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Jineapple

Edited 8 October 2017 - 3:10 pm by Jineapple
The file usually has to be called player1.hki because it's for the first profile. In your case it seems you've created a number of pprofiles before already (Could also be created+deleted ones so it doesn't show 15 in-game). That's no issue, just rename the hotkey file you'd like to player15.hki then instead of player1.hki.
Link | Reply | Quote
 DiddlySquat

Posted 8 October 2017 - 3:15 pm
Fixed the issue, huge thanks!

This is resolved now and can be tagged as such.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 5 out of 5 posts