cant get Advanced Genie Editor to work

KingPsycho808

Posted 8 September 2014 - 10:13 pm
i cant get Advanced Genie Editor 3 to work i even downloaded all the files they have on [You must login to view link] i even deleted a race 2 see if it works and the race is still there
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Hacks

Posted 8 September 2014 - 11:27 pm
Run Adv genie 3 as admin and see if it works. if it dosent then attach some error screenshots maybe we can help you with it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 8 September 2014 - 11:44 pm by [MM]Gallas
Hi, your problem not enough clear. Do you have problem with program running, or loading/saving file?
Older age versions: [You must login to view link]

You have to load all necessary files like this:
You must login into Voobly to view image

1. If your files not moved to other directory use this. It's loads from original folders.
2. Make sure you choose the actual game or it won't work, also watch how many window open. Normally 1 enough, but later 2 can be better for copy-paste or other stuffs.
3. .dat file from aoc
4. language .dll files, you can use others if .dat have own (or other language)

When you save file watch it where it does. If you overwrite your original .dat file you make synch error in multiplayer. If you want to make own mod in Voobly, check how it's supported here (look into other mods how the directories looks).

off: Nice avatar, I used same for long time, it's remind me this map.

Link | Reply | Quote
 KingPsycho808

Posted 9 September 2014 - 2:54 am
its more that i cant get it 2 work when i play. all the changes i do is saved tho (when i open AGE) but when i run the game the changes r not there
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 9 September 2014 - 9:14 am
What are the changes what you do and not showing in the game?
Link | Reply | Quote
 KingPsycho808

Posted 9 September 2014 - 9:29 pm
deleting a race and renaming another
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 9 September 2014 - 10:13 pm
If race means Civilizations, then renaming need language file editing. Deleting it a bit harder, you cannot just with age.
Link | Reply | Quote
 SaintdeTsunami

Posted 14 August 2019 - 7:53 am
Hey,
After I mod AOC like change training speed, cost & location can I use it multiplayer like over LAN my friends are using the non modded version, I'm using the modded one? If yes, How? I overwrite the main dat file of the installation directory. I get desynced in multiplayer.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 22 August 2019 - 6:52 pm
I get desynced in multiplayer.
In multiplayer everyone have to own the same datafile, or that will happen.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 9 out of 9 posts