BattleShip Blood - mod GUIDE

_Rectum_Ranger_

Edited 1 February 2014 - 3:34 pm by _Rectum_Ranger_
Things what to change or to add:

Game needs to play out faster. Make map smaller or bonuses from skills should be awarded on a scale of 50, 100, 150, 200, ... kills. I played 2 games of it today and both games lasted for 2 hours.

Change the Base panic price to atleast 3 wood. In late game one guy base paniced 18 times a row and it took 2/5 of the game time to kill him, 40 minutes in total.

Gold is really hard to get and it should be given also with razes. 1 gold per 1 raze. After 2 hours of gameplay I had still about 7 techs available to research, but had no gold to do so.

Change Rocket price to 5 and add a bit more extra damage. I bought a rocked for 20 gold, attacked a enemy dock with it and the rocket only did 500 HP worth of damage, which is too few compared to the dock's starting HP.

Map should have somekind of a comeback feature. In both games where one player got ahead there wasn't much chance for others to catch up to him.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 1 February 2014 - 5:13 pm by [MM]Gallas
Game needs to play out faster. Make map smaller or bonuses from skills should be awarded on a scale of 50, 100, 150, 200, ... kills. I played 2 games of it today and both games lasted for 2 hours.
It's funny, because I thought about opposite of this. Maybe in the early games will be faster the upgrading, but later it will be slower than now.

Change the Base panic price to atleast 3 wood. In late game one guy base paniced 18 times a row and it took 2/5 of the game time to kill him, 40 minutes in total.
I wanted firstly separate the panic/mid blast from normal upgrades. This cost will be changed in next update.

Gold is really hard to get and it should be given also with razes. 1 gold per 1 raze. After 2 hours of gameplay I had still about 7 techs available to research, but had no gold to do so.
As I said in previous comment: "Gold sometimes unfair, maybe raze should give, but then I need to get info about how to make anti-delete when buildings are not placed from start (pls map which have this mechanism)."
The gold is an extra gift for players, whom can control the middle or/and the four medium water. The technologies in this game is not like in normal CS maps where you upgrade everything as fast as you can. You need to choose wisely here what upgrade, and when.

Change Rocket price to 5 and add a bit more extra damage. I bought a rocked for 20 gold, attacked a enemy dock with it and the rocket only did 500 HP worth of damage, which is too few compared to the dock's starting HP.
The torpedo is made for avoid massive camping, not for supporting in normal games. And the damages is increasing if you age up (like dock's).

Map should have somekind of a comeback feature. In both games where one player got ahead there wasn't much chance for others to catch up to him.
Yes this is a known issue. I hope with the new killing system this will be avoidable, but I am afraid that for this solution is not sufficient.

In closing, thank you for the feedback.
Link | Reply | Quote
 King_Donner_II

Posted 1 February 2014 - 6:27 pm
SIMILAR TO ZOOM BLOOD....

In the past i make pt with zoom blood rofl ;secret ;censored
Link | Reply | Quote
 +[MM]jason

Posted 2 February 2014 - 10:40 am
Because this is a mod could you just mod out the delete button?
Anti delete is tricky and far from elegant especially with a lot of buildings.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 2 February 2014 - 6:15 pm by [MM]Gallas
+[MM]jason wrote:
Because this is a mod could you just mod out the delete button?
Anti delete is tricky and far from elegant especially with a lot of buildings.

Hmm...

The buttons in units a quite weird stuff for me. (it's declared by unit class, but some special button is not, like area attack, and it's connecting to unit, not to class ...from somewhere).

I'll check what can I do, but this could be a completely separated mod for other maps, if it's possible.
Link | Reply | Quote
 NajibAmhali

Posted 2 February 2014 - 5:46 pm
gallas im in ur room atm please start the game hehe :P
Link | Reply | Quote
 [FIz ]Densio_

Posted 2 February 2014 - 10:24 pm
Looks pretty cool tbh. I'll try it out
Link | Reply | Quote
 VulKaNiK

Posted 3 February 2014 - 9:21 am
Am I just blind, or am I the only one who doesn't know how to use panic? I looked evreywhere in the instruction but I couldn't find it...
Link | Reply | Quote
 Leto_Rubik__

Posted 3 February 2014 - 11:28 am
VulKaNiK wrote:
Am I just blind, or am I the only one who doesn't know how to use panic? I looked evreywhere in the instruction but I couldn't find it...

its on 2nd page of ur dock... ;)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 3 February 2014 - 1:33 pm
its on 2nd page of ur dock... ;)

It's moved to first page from 0.9.2 version.
Link | Reply | Quote
 tosh0

Posted 5 February 2014 - 3:29 am
not really feeling this map style but its great to see something new regardless. good job boss, first class
Link | Reply | Quote
 [s1L3nT]_ForrestGump_

Posted 7 February 2014 - 12:37 am
Cool map I played it the other day but it get very monotonous. I was leading by a large margin and left the computer for 15 minutes and was still able to win the game with ease. Great concept, awesome units, great start to the map, but alot of things need to be done to keep the attention of players. Chaos Blood is a great comparison in one aspect. It is super fun but who has time to play a map for 2 and 1/2 hours? Sure people will try it out and think it is awesome but will be bored very quickly. Also I saw a point saying it needs a comeback feature which I could not agree more. Time and a way to even out should be focused on the most IMO. But I love that new maps are coming out. Keep up the good work!
Link | Reply | Quote
 Mr_Trollster

Posted 12 February 2014 - 1:07 am
Looks ****ing awesome.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 2 March 2014 - 6:06 pm

- New version available with lot of extra features!

- Posted more pictures for help to learn the map!
Link | Reply | Quote
 +[MM]jason

Posted 9 March 2014 - 12:52 pm
Played the lastest version and it rocks! Recommend to anyone. Get this rated now!

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]3
Displaying 16 - 30 out of 37 posts