mod stats

Nuublarking

Posted 13 October 2019 - 3:44 pm
can you give us some statistics on how many games are played on each mod/patch each month? and how many games are played on each map?

would be very interesting and also motivating for makers of mods/maps
Link | Reply | Quote
 +james@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 13 October 2019 - 4:04 pm
I don't believe we track that data.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Nuublarking

Posted 13 October 2019 - 4:04 pm
Well would be easy to do, no?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Nuublarking

Posted 13 October 2019 - 4:05 pm
Actually you do have it, if i look at statistics of a random game it shows both the mod and the map... so with a simple query you have the data and you only have to display it somewhere..
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Edited 13 October 2019 - 7:41 pm by ['RB']nhoobish
Actually you do have it, if i look at statistics of a random game it shows both the mod and the map... so with a simple query you have the data and you only have to display it somewhere..
Only rated matches generate such information via the match link which also expire. We had a scenario designer in Custom Scenario lobby who made an automatic script that fetched match link info from his scenario's ladder and he used that to display a leaderboard and all sorts of cool statistics. Maybe AoEZone folks who have free time could do that for the RM side, as waiting for such an update from Voobly is unlikely, since there are a lot more other things higher on the list.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Nuublarking

Posted 14 October 2019 - 4:11 pm
Well I admire your sense of perfectionism but having it only for rated/match stats only matches would be quite good already.

And it's only like 2 hours of work so it shouldn't get in the way of any long term projects.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 14 October 2019 - 6:32 pm
Well I admire your sense of perfectionism but having it only for rated/match stats only matches would be quite good already.

And it's only like 2 hours of work so it shouldn't get in the way of any long term projects.

It is not me who you need to convince, but the developer.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Nuublarking

Posted 15 October 2019 - 6:52 pm
Well i'm trying to do that by refuting your arguments to not do it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ZOET

Posted 17 October 2019 - 2:01 am
2389582359235892355 on CBA and CBA HERO lol..
Link | Reply | Quote
 +james@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 17 October 2019 - 6:27 pm by +james@voobly

Getting our developer to do 2 hours of work, let alone for an API update, would be a miracle from God.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 10 out of 10 posts