AoE1 Modding

[44]Azial44

Edited 27 February 2014 - 11:28 pm by [44]Azial44
As some of you have found out, it is now possible to make data alterations to AoE1.

Example: altering villager speed (movement) to much closer to the assy/yama bonus, found here > http://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/220/Increased-Villager-Speed

This thread is basically for any further ideas, changes, suggestions, feedback on the villager speed mod (too fast now , still too slow?)

Any other potential imbalances, although not as major as villager speed bonus, can still in theory all be fixed.

For instance, now that villagers are only marginally slower than assy/yama baseline level, should Sumerian villagers be reduced in HP in order to prevent excessive peon fights? Etc.

The original thread can be found here > http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/183630

All feedback/criticisms welcome.

:)
Link | Reply | Quote
 ironspade69

Posted 28 February 2014 - 7:46 am
should Sumerian villagers be reduced in HP in order to prevent excessive peon fights? Etc.

:)

How about lower there hp some but not all the way, but also give the extra hp to other civs such as greek because they can use anything to help them out.
Link | Reply | Quote
 KGB_Crazy

Posted 1 March 2014 - 6:46 pm
In aoc, villagers have +1 armor to avoid vill wars. In aoe, should be added +1 armor for all villagers but assyrian, yamato and sumerian. That would solve the vill chase and vill rush mostly.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [44]Azial44

Posted 2 March 2014 - 11:07 pm
Mod updated:

- Villager speed fixed (was error before with inconsistent speeds amongst villagers with different tasks, which has been corrected.
- Hittite warships decreased in range by 1.
- Greek cavs cost 70:60 (G:F), previously 80:70
- Hoplites 10% faster, with exception of Greek, which retains its current bonus.
- Persian vills same speed as assy/yama villls prewheel, to account for lack of wheel in brz.
- Sumerian vills now have 30hp, partially retain their bonus, but not all due to previous strength in peonrush.
- Sumerian villagers slightly slower than all other civs, due to 5hp bonus.

Crazy, the assy/yama speed bonus is a massive bonus to econ, not just in peonrush/chasing. Increasing speeds rather than armour is a fairer solution. Come test soon on the client man! :P

Any more ideas welcome, either here or message on the client.
Link | Reply | Quote
 randimonium

Posted 3 March 2014 - 7:28 pm
Persian has really really fast hunting. Giving them the same villager speed as Assyrian will be too strong. IMO. 4 minute scout rush!
Link | Reply | Quote
 [44]Azial44

Edited 4 March 2014 - 2:34 am by [44]Azial44
Persian has really really fast hunting. Giving them the same villager speed as Assyrian will be too strong. IMO. 4 minute scout rush!

The Persian hunting bonus is not as strong as it was initially believed by the creators of the game. (They believed it so strong, they gave them far weaker farms, no wheel, zero economy upgrades from the market past tool, and no significant units in bronze. Persian is an all or nothing civ to a certain extent - it either rushes it enemy to death (or rushes and weakens 2 enemies) or if fail rush it dies very hard in early brz.

4 minute scout rushes are unrealistic, even with a perfect sf map with tc ele. Lets assume fast enough to pump scouts with 14 vill tool (we're talking exceptional map) you can still wall with houses, and defend with clubmen/vills, and to maintain pump you wouldn't be able to econ up past 14. Besides, if i explore my next and he is Persian and has stopped at <18-20 vills, (besides being fast yourself) peon is an option.

Having said this, I have attempted to strengthen Persian's bronze, with stronger, faster, cheaper infantry, to make up for the worst econ in the game, while reducing their speed from Yassy levels back to the 25% of all other previously slow civs.
Link | Reply | Quote
 BuBzZz

Posted 4 March 2014 - 12:26 pm
Thx for the changes i will see oh it works after changes.
But I'm still thinking about unused units :
Ballista / Helepolis
War elephants
Archer elephants
Improved bowmen

I suggest to improuver the moving speed for ballista
I suggest to reduce a bit the cost of elephants
I suggest to increase the range to 8 and reduce gold cost to 10 for improved bowmens

Bou
Link | Reply | Quote
 [A4G]Ephestion

Posted 20 October 2014 - 9:17 pm
A mode project I started a while back tries to balance the game a little and at the same time retain the feel of the game. One thing that ruined the game was no anti chariot archer units for most civs....new units, trading like in AOK possible and many more additions are found here:

[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 Skinny_Sheep

Posted 2 December 2014 - 12:50 am
Can someone please make a farm upgrade/mod/new visual?
For example, http://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/42/Real-Farms
Link | Reply | Quote
 EpiC_Anonymous

Posted 29 October 2015 - 2:58 am
after using this mod a while i must still disagree with the villager speed mod... it should be changed back. i understand in some senses it is unfair but that is what makes yamy and assy stand out.. not to mention great rushers to.

sumi should remain unchanges imo.
Link | Reply | Quote
 LEGEND_BTK

Posted 10 November 2015 - 12:37 pm
what do u kno abot aoe1?

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 11 out of 11 posts