Why I remade RCB Gold...

_Ox_Weapon_xO_

Edited 17 January 2013 - 11:05 pm by _Ox_Weapon_xO_
Here's why I remade this map:

Most important thing...2011 v2 freezes constantly sometimes 8 games in a row. What's the point to play if the map freezes constantly and you can't finish a game? The map freezing is a multifacted issue which may have been due to the editing of rcb over the years leaving various defects in the map. If you know what AOK Trigger studio is open 2011v2 in it and compare to 2013 and you'll see what I'm talking about. So I remade the map and redid all the triggers by making them more efficient and removing things that may promote freezing in them like having taskers always on. The only tasker always on in 2013 is the horse tasker which needs to be always on for the anti-delete to work properly. 2013 definitely does freeze less. 2011 v2 definitely needed some improvements though... It's too based on the genitour, it's too civ oriented if you get beat in the cross at the beginning and also civ king numbers are too unbalanced.

Main map:
  • 1) Sometimes in 2011 v2 your bombard gets destroyed out of spite in the beginning or simply from a random noob shooting at it without knowing. Plus with the already large amount of macro in the beginning it's best the bombards are undead for the first two minutes to give you time to get you situated and plan out what you're going to do.
  • 2)Units often get stuck in the bases for no reason via the front gates being to small and it being too compact around the pyramid. This is why I made the base a little bigger, added two gates in the front and moved the side gate to a different location.
  • 3) Old color scheme didn't look good with the bigger base design so I redid the color in the main base
  • 4) Multiple spawn points to facilitate whether or not you want to go into offensive or defensive mode.
  • 5) Whole map bigger so you can potentially boat anyone across the map and also to make everything even because it wasn't before (e.g. distance between back of p1's base and spawn differed compared to p5 and other players...)

Bottom Store:
  • 1) There are now two separate areas because it often wasn't fair if you were p8 and had to buy castles compared to p1 doing the same thing.
  • 2) Bottom area is all visible because it's split into two areas and this also helps view other player kings amount which is nice because you often don't have time to bring a king over and count. Also it forces people to bring their kings somewhere else.
  • 3)The orientation of the bottom store was changed because it was too close to p1 which may have allowed for players to treb kings and I didn't want to add a trigger in to prevent this because having a trigger to always remove projectiles could raise the chance of the game freezing. Plus, the map was already bigger.

Top Store/Super Store:
  • 1) Top store is bigger now because of circle spawn feature which more or less puts everything away from each player to make it more even. Also, both are bigger because at first I had more buys than just 2011 v2 ones.

If you want to know why I did something other than what's listed just ask me.

List of changes in RCB 2013: http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/123403
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:04 am
;thumbup
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Posted 12 November 2012 - 6:25 pm

<3
Link | Reply | Quote
 White_Devil

Posted 12 January 2013 - 4:56 am
good work. i really appreciate it. but why cant u just remove the Genetor?? which sucks as he is invisible
Link | Reply | Quote
 jaguar_upamx

Posted 13 January 2013 - 8:12 am
hi my inglish is bad but here we go
i think skirms(2kings) is a bad idea only genitor (3 kings)it's ok, and why?
cuz if some one buy 2 genitor u need spend 2 kings for 2 monks but if u spend the 6 kings to buy 6 skimer u will need spend 6 kings for monks,this is an example thats is very unfair u shold disaper smikers.
only 1 inmortal in map it's ok

any way Thanks to work and do things better
Link | Reply | Quote
 [hitz]haiden

Posted 24 January 2013 - 7:40 pm
the 2013 map is 2 big i think 2011 was perfect sized

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts