RCB Gold Updates

Poll: Am I an idiot for editing this again (probably)
1) Yes
2) No
3) You crazy
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Edited 13 January 2013 - 1:01 am by _Ox_Weapon_xO_
RCB 2013 this post. 2011 v2 next post.

Why I remade RCB: http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/125269

Scenario Download: [You must login to view link]

Removed mostly all features of the 2012 map that were different than the 2011 v2 map and put some colors back to v2 style because it was too bright for some people along with other things below.

This map has pretty much exactly the game play as 2011 v2. The reason why it's better is because the triggers were completely redone (e.g. taskers no longer on) to promote less freezing and in general there's more balance.

Differences from 2011 v2 for...

Gameplay:
  • Faith tech is disabled because it's too big of an unfair disadvantage to not be able to research it if someone is forced to go imperial straight away in the beginning... plus a lot of people complain about the genitour so having it at three kings with no faith tech available will lessen the burden
  • Map should freeze less due to better triggers
  • Center bombard towers are undead for the first two minutes to help balance between different civs/people getting screwed over out of spite... this pretty much gives you a guaranteed two razes but you need to make sure to use your bombard otherwise it'll just shoot at other undead bombards
  • bigger bases to build more stuff
  • You only get 2000 stone now... villager was too big of an advantage in 2011... you get more stone per king on the super store now though
  • you now have four different spawn options to be selected by moving the king on the respawn island (next to blacksmith and university) to the area you want to spawn to (see screens above)
  • whole map redesigned for various reasons (bigger template so you can potentially boat people from across the map, bigger bases for more room to build stuff and an additional castle, stores bigger for easy buying in circle formation...)
  • auto-balance at cross: if you get beat at the cross you get a bonus king to try and balance things out (will help vs persians, koreans, and in general if the civ next to you is better and beats you)
  • Every 20 minutes the paladin is tasked to stop spawning which should help prevent noobs not knowing how to shut it off...it's rare if someone uses paladins after 20 minutes and if they want to they can just put it back to spawn

Main base:
  • 1) Bases are larger and redesigned so you can now purchase up to 7 additional castles for a total of 9.
  • 2) Bombards in the base surrounding the pyramid have increased attack for better defense
  • 3) You can now delete your archery range if you want to and will not get booted
  • 4) Front of the base now has two gates (for better unit movement) and wall placed various places near it (so it's still more or less the same defense situation)
  • 5) Side path moved slightly for better base defense but is still a potential weak point.
  • 6) You can now select 4 different spawn points for your units represented by different splotches of terrain (move king on the respawn island to the respective splotch to spawn it there)

Unit buys on "tiny island" in the beginning:
  • 1) Now get 10 archers of the eyes instead of 9
  • 2) Paladins have additional hp to make them a better potential buy
  • 3) Frankish Paladin also upgraded to make it comparable to other buys

Super Store:
  • 1) Spies buy now has see enemies spawn included
  • 2) Genitour is now three kings and faith is disabled
  • 3) Two invincible skirms for two kings added
  • 4) Transport ship buy now three kings but it now includes your civs transport techs
  • 5) Nevski now gets 6 hp, 3 ap every 20 seconds in addition to the option for hp/ap upgrades
  • 6) 430 stone per king instead of 325

Top Store:
  • 1) Charlemagne now comes with Blast Furnace tech like in previous versions
  • 2) Beli now gets 1 hp in addition to 2 ap every 20 seconds
  • 3) Tamerlane now 9 kings with 16 square power-up area on mid hill and 1 ap, 7hp every 7 secs

Bottom Store:
  • Now get two villagers instead of one for 5 kings but treadmill crane disabled (villager too big of an advantage in 2011 v2)

New Starting King Amounts (slight changes only):
  • Turks and Brits get kings for all kills now (no longer no king at x number of kills)
  • Koreans still -40 pop
  • Persians the same as 2011 v2. People get kings faster in this version with bombards being undead for the first two minutes so their strength is lessened. Plus, the auto-balance feature helps Persians dominating the civ next to them directly.
  • Aztecs get elite castle unit but no imperial age techs
  • Goths get castle age tower upgrades and a minor hp boost to even their ****ty towers + civilization out in the beginning
  • Huns still get weak towers
  • Other things listed below

• Aztecs - 3 Kings + Elite (5 total)
  • Britons - 0 Additional Kings (2 total) (no king at 100 kills removed)
  • Byzantines - 1 King (3 total)
  • Celts - 3 Kings (5 total)
  • Chinese - 2 Kings (4 total)
  • Franks - 3 Kings (5 total)
  • Goths - 3 Kings (5 total), + tower upgrades (techs + hp)(still need imp for subo blacksmith upgrades)
  • Huns - 2 Kings (4 total)
  • Japanese - 2 Kings (4 total)
  • Koreans: minus 1 king, -40 pop, -600 stone
  • Mayans - 1 King (3 total)
  • Mongols - 1 King (3 total)
  • Persians - 0 Additional Kings (2 total), 4 castles max, -40 pop, -600 stone, Plus 650 stone @ 25 mins
  • Saracens - 1 King (3 total)
  • Spanish - 1 King (3 total)
  • Teutons - 2 Kings (4 total)
  • Turks - 1 King (3 total) (no king at x number of kills removed)
  • Vikings - 3 Kings (5 total)

Update:
  • Reconfigured bottom store and redid anti-blocking (better angle for moving kings now)
  • Added in method to stop paladin feeding from noobs
  • Added map reveal to super store
  • put nevski to 4 hp/2 ap every 20 secs in addition to hp/ap upgrades
  • Faith and heresy techs removed completely from the game (not fair if you're forced to go imperial straight away to not have these techs available). I would have them both researched for everyone but not all civs get heresy and removing faith will lessen the strength of the genitour which seems to be what everyone wants.
  • Gave Khan Defender a little boost
  • Increased palisade wall number to 65 from 60
  • Fixed infinite castle bug allowing you to get more than one undead castle
  • Reduced cost of transport ship to 2 kings from 3
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Edited 4 October 2012 - 9:21 am by _Ox_Weapon_xO_
Also here's 2011 v2 with the known bugs fixed.

1) Removed p1 map reveal advantage on top store
2) Added trigger to remove projectiles from top store to prevent people from shooting kings from p4/p5's base
3) Added anti-blocking for beli hp buy

[You must login to view link]

Bug not fixed in either 2011 or 2012 version: p1, p2, p8, p7 orientation advantage of being able to hide walls from people by having towers behind them so they can't click on the wall(s) (not sure if it can be fixed because it's intrinsic to the game)
Link | Reply | Quote
 RIP_Vanthom

Posted 4 October 2012 - 6:39 am
I like most of these changes havnt tried it yet but sounds good, especially like the China king fix. One suggestion by popular good rcb players is to remove or change the genitor. Good work man-
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Edited 4 October 2012 - 6:52 am by _Ox_Weapon_xO_
I like most of these changes havnt tried it yet but sounds good, especially like the China king fix. One suggestion by popular good rcb players is to remove or change the genitor. Good work man-

Yes the Chinese should definitely be at 4 kings. They get shafted in 2011 v2 and in 2010 v3 they were at 4 kings total.

Faith is disabled and the genitour is now three kings instead of two, which should be a sufficient comprise for everyone. Also, the invincible skirms are back at 2 skirms for two kings. This isn't rated yet. I'm not sure if it will be or not but thanks for the support.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Alexhelpme33

Posted 5 October 2012 - 8:15 pm
Yeah these changes all look good man.

And please just get genitour out and put the skirm back in for just 1 king.
Those Genitours are seriously so annoying.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Is_this_my_name

Edited 6 October 2012 - 2:41 am by Is_this_my_name
good job, lots of improvements with this map, best of all genitour for 3. now with it similar to 2011v2 people should have no problem using the new one.
Link | Reply | Quote
 NicKeL_

Posted 5 October 2012 - 10:58 pm
most of these are ridiculously unneccesary
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Posted 6 October 2012 - 2:26 am
NicKeL_ wrote:

Every single gameplay change listed is better than 2011 v2. Don't get me wrong 2011 v2 is good but not perfect which is what 2013 aims to be.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Is_this_my_name

Posted 6 October 2012 - 2:46 am
You mean genitour? Or did I mistype something?
I have absolutely no clue what your talking about. I did type genitour. (just ignore how it says edited by me after you posted that)
Quote:
well so is any advancement in society, but its still usually a benefit
Link | Reply | Quote
 NicKeL_

Posted 6 October 2012 - 4:23 pm
why not just get rid of genitour and make it a skirmisher again? nobody uses elite skirmishers anyway
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Posted 6 October 2012 - 5:40 pm
NicKeL_ wrote:
why not just get rid of genitour and make it a skirmisher again? nobody uses elite skirmishers anyway

Both skirm and gen are in 2013.

Gen at 3 kings. Also, two skirms for two kings. The two skirms buy is good.

Faith tech is disabled for all civs because of balance issues that I stated above.

The genitour is essentially disabled in 2012 f2, which is currently rated btw, and a lot of people didn't like that it was. A lot of people also dislike he genitour in general so three kings, skirm 2 for 2, and no faith tech is trying to make everyone happy.
Link | Reply | Quote
 NicKeL_

Posted 8 October 2012 - 3:18 am
2 for 2 is too cheap then they cost the same as monks :O
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Edited 8 October 2012 - 4:54 pm by _Ox_Weapon_xO_
NicKeL_ wrote:
2 for 2 is too cheap then they cost the same as monks :O

This only truly matters if someone is powering them up on mid hill and if that's the case you simply barricade the entrance to your base with units until you have monks to convert them. Also, overall I don't see it as that big of a deal especially since pretty much everyone good gets a villager but even if you're forced to imperial right away it's still not a dilemma because skirms are slow and attack slow too and you can just barricade yourself. Also, you can move kings a lot easier in this map so buying a monk(s) will be a lot quicker.

Skirms really do suck though... only thing you need to do to counter is use aggressive stance and some other stuff.
Link | Reply | Quote
 NicKeL_

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:50 pm
still think that one skirmisher for 2 kings is fine and then just get rid of the genitour becuase heroes go for them over other units
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Edited 29 December 2012 - 12:24 am by _Ox_Weapon_xO_
Update:
  • Reconfigured bottom store and redid anti-blocking (better angle for moving kings now)
  • Added in method to stop paladin feeding from noobs
  • Added map reveal to super store
  • put nevski to 4 hp/2 ap every 20 secs in addition to hp/ap upgrades
  • Faith and heresy techs removed completely from the game (not fair if you're forced to go imperial straight away to not have these techs available). I would have them both researched for everyone but not all civs get heresy and removing faith will lessen the strength of the genitour which seems to be what everyone wants.
  • Gave Khan Defender a little boost
  • Increased palisade wall number to 65 from 60

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]23
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 32 posts