TDII

Rambit

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:01 pm
Quote:
hello :) i've played many times this cool game and i would like to say my opinion ^^
i truly liked that game but let me say that everytime i played it.... it ended the same way :P in final wave!!
also playing 1v3.... i lost only cause enemy team had chance to take food from +%speed so my megarams were much faster than their!!
Read my previous post. I plan on making the techs for faster foraging much much better, to a point where your foragers could work 10-20 times faster than originally. This should make games that last until the last level much less common.
Quote:
- AP
i think game needs more expensive technologies to up the AP of towers!!
as already said before all technos can be researched just using the big hero trade ship, so any eco and team strategy is superficial since everything is reduced to take the big ship ^^
it would be also nice to have more tecnos as etching rate or just more AP tecnos!!
and why not we could introduce bushes that decreases the enemy team towers AP!
Yes I will add more tower attack techs to the imperial age. As far as taking it away from enemy - adding armour has the exact same effect.
Quote:
- 1000HP bushes 10%hp bushes
well.... this is very funny :D u did 1000hp bushes with 10000food and 10% bushes with 5000food.... there are not enemy units with more than 5000hp so take 2 bushes of 10% = (20%) will be always worst than take 1 bush of 100o hp , right? ^^
i bet u did this with the mean of take them as combo.... but those bushes have huge ammount of food!!! also with +300% of foraging speed it's not possible to take more than 30000 food from those :P so take the +10% hp bushes will be still inconvenient.... we need more time for that :D
solutions could be:
less food on bushes
cheaper vills!!
cheaper foraging speed bonuses
more waves (yes plz)
If you get all the +1000hp bushes, the +10% would be +1000HP +the units original hp, as the 10% adds to what ever the total HP is. And yes it is a huge amount and I wasn't really thinking when I made them, really I didn't make much of a way to make foragers better while the forage bushes were getting 10x bigger. I'll try release an version with new foraging techs today. I don't want to make cheaper vils as they can make the defence easier, and its already too easy it seems. Not really sure how I could add more levels even if I wanted to, I can't add any more HP to the units or they will exceed the max of 30000 with all the upgrades and just die.
Quote:
-vills
omg mate why are vills so expensive??? mathematically speaking it doesnt worth the effort!!!
since we can efford advanced town center costs only after booming trade economy, those vills and tecnos are usefull only to take food from bushes!!!
only after wave 32/33 this can be done also with trade boomers civs celts persians or goths...
so:
vill = 20k gold
+30% foraging speed = 14k
if i'm using 10 vills to take food from brushes => +30% foraging means 13 vills speed
if i'm using 10 vills to take food from brushes => +1 vill = 11 vills speed
i wasted 6Kgold to have -2 vills :D that's really great!!!!
i really think this map needs to allow vills booming!!!
As I said, too many vils means you could defend easier and that is an issue already. With the incoming forage techs, you would realistically have 10-20 times the foraging speed, so buying 1 would be like buying 20. Still would be better off just getting the techs but I wanted to give people the option. Perhaps will make a new civ bonus of having half price vils.
Quote:
-food
why is food useless? cmon man we have 1000k of food to take and all we can do is sell it on maket?!?
we should be able to pay new vills with food!!! that would be a great idea think about it!!! maybe 4000 or 5000 food for a vill!!! this would fix many situations!!!
The whole idea behind the forage bushed was to have a way the team could work together for certain things. Simple fact is most peoples villys are on the forage bushes when the food is worthless, so why would I want to make it even better?
Quote:
-economy
since there is not the possibility to boom vills or to have more vills very fast.... economy just sucks, there is no strategy :D
to boom trade everybody goes for wood, and keep a couple of vills on rock.... everything else is useless!!also doing boom of towers it will be 3builders and other miners.... nothing will change in the end :P
gold mine is totally useless,also turks fails since trade is much more better than it
i think the key right now would be to let have vills, cheaper vills maybe arround 5000 food would be great!!
we should also have some tecno to up wood cut and minerals extraction!!! my idea is to use food to pay them, maybe in castle age into advanced towncenter!!! or why not they could be bushes!!!
Gold mining is good for getting early feudal age and tower attack. Trade takes time to build up where as gold mining is instant. As far as trade goes, there are 10 different trade units all travelling at different speeds, costing different amounts and carrying different amounts, there is definitely strategy there.

Most of your suggestions make it easier for the player, just remember you also make it easier for your opponents when you do that.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Edited 14 April 2012 - 4:16 am by Rambit
V10 Changes:
  • Foraging techs changed to:
    +10% for 1000 Gold (Dark age)
    +25% for 2000 Gold (Feudal age)
    +50% for 3000 Gold (Castle age)
    2x for 5000 Gold (Imperial age)
  • New tower attack techs added
  • Axe tower moved from Feudal age to Imperial age
  • Big tower moved from Castle age to Feudal age
  • Onager tower moved from Imperial age to Castle age
  • Power Tower attack increased from 50 to 100
  • Mega Ram speed decreased to normal ram
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 14 April 2012 - 9:35 am
Added links to first post.

V11 Changes:
  • Forage Bushes repriced
  • minor civ bonus fixes
  • Food is now automatically tributed away
  • Villagers no longer killed by Onager Towers
Link | Reply | Quote
 Teddy

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:51 am
i really loved what you did so far :)

right now i think game should be improved about the difficulty of defense!
you may think about diversifying the cost of the towers,making them more expensive!
as mentioned in the final analysis all you need to resist without problems until the last wave is a row of about 70 towers!!
balancing the costs of technology you have left a good margin of strategy so the next step could be make the defense harder to be made :)
why not, you may add to the only cost of rock also wood or gold!!

in my opinion the three towers more easily realizable and effective are the accursed,the axe and the rapid tower, whose costs deviate too little from basic towers, and also are more convenient than towers that would be best but actually are not very effective ^_^

last note:
saracean bonus really sucks ^_^ also mongol trade bird sucks aswell!! i think they both need sumthing more, maybe mongols could have also 2x speed of trade birds!! and saraceans should have a real usefull bonus ;)

you're great man :) i truly love your job ^_^
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]Marauder

Posted 15 April 2012 - 5:15 pm
actually with the new forage technologies the defense aspect of the game has gotten a lot harder

the axe tower is now 200 stone because it was so cheap against the final rams
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:24 pm
I would love to see you make it to the last level with 70 towers with me on the other team. Yes it can be very easy, but only if the people on the other team make it easy for you. I will think about removing some forage bushes and adding more to the standard units, but will need to do a lot more testing to make sure the current set up isn't good enough.

But yes, I do need to adjust some civ bonuses.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ TD ]browncrown50

Edited 20 April 2012 - 2:43 am by [ TD ]browncrown50
Level 24 bonus for bottom team still not fixed - only gold piles spawn
plus in the new version, p6 gets castle age free (either that, or the fact that he was byz)
plus goth house (or p5) costs 99 wood...bug
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 20 April 2012 - 7:37 am
Not sure about the bonus level bug yet, the spawn triggers look fine. I will look into them all though, thanks.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ TD ]browncrown50

Posted 20 April 2012 - 6:44 pm
another guy (was p4) said his byz imperial costed 5k
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:37 pm
Quote:
another guy (was p4) said his byz imperial costed 5k
That is good, byz civ bonus is half price age up.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ TD ]browncrown50

Posted 21 April 2012 - 5:51 pm
then fix bonus description, it says 33%, not 50% :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:05 pm
V12 Changes:
  • Mongols now have everything at the sky dock at half price
  • Byzantines now have half price ages
  • Goth houses cost standard amount
  • Saracen large houses give +1 max population
  • Celt bonus decreased to 50%
Link | Reply | Quote
 Teddy

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:15 am
man p5 mongol is bugged!! i had no civ bonus and i had no foraging bonuses aswell!!! i had +400% foraging and they was as +0% :P
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ TD ]browncrown50

Posted 7 May 2012 - 10:56 pm
civ bonuses need rebalancing...atm, mongols, celts and especially chinese are too good
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ TD ]browncrown50

Posted 11 May 2012 - 9:36 pm
Final level needs to be fixed
We were 6 good players and managed to make it till the end (with all forages taken ofc)
thing is, yes the rams when killed revive, stop for a few sec, and continue. However with all villagers of all players repairing, both teams ended up surviving that level...

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]34567891011121314151617181920
Displaying 16 - 30 out of 286 posts