Suggestions: Revival of Age of Kings

[Eagle]Red_Wings

Posted 4 August 2010 - 8:09 am
All the people that used to play Voobly went to GameRanger, but GameRanger really sucks. I don't see why people went there. You can't even play a game unless at least 2 people use CD's and a lot of time you can't start a game because people have different versions. I'm going to start advertising for Voobly in their lobby because I would really like to play the game again, and it is just too time consuming and frustrating to try to play a game there.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Amphatoast

Posted 7 August 2010 - 12:54 am
we trying to move from GR to voobly.. stay active and it'll work
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Posted 7 August 2010 - 5:37 am
I'm the one who mainly manages this lobby and this part of the forum. If anybody is having issues, please let me know. Especially the ones who are skeptical on transferring here.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eagle]Red_Wings

Posted 7 August 2010 - 9:11 pm
If you want people to come back to Voobly you need to bring back the rating system. So many people complain about it in GR, so bringing back ratings would persuade a lot of people to come back.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Hymne

Posted 7 August 2010 - 11:30 pm
the voobly without rated is sux ! we need coem back old system ¬¬;grr
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Posted 8 August 2010 - 2:12 am
mich wrote:
Before we had like maybe 4 or 5 people in the lobby. Now I mostly see 20 or so. It's not much, but at least it's some improvement.

The rating will not be brought back to this lobby. Yesterday had 45 people in that lobby. I haven't seen this number in this lobby for quite some time.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [F4E]h4xXOR_

Posted 8 August 2010 - 4:16 am
Is it impossible to bring the rating back, or do you set a minimum of players playing on voobly to bring the rating back
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Edited 8 August 2010 - 4:49 am by mich
Like I've said about 10x before, I got feedback from several players (Voobly and Game.Ranger) and they said that the two main reasons why the lobby was dead was 1) It was rated, and 2) No router bypass.

I believe this myself. The reason why many players left Voobly was because there was no router bypass and that the rated players didn't want to play with the non-rated players. Experts won't play with noobs when there are points at stake.

On another note, when this lobby was rated, most of the games that were being played, were point trading.

After all, we are here to have fun.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [TDR]Zhan

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:19 pm
Hahahahahahah, oh this is funnyyyyy
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Posted 11 August 2010 - 2:42 am
I can't stop laughing.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [TDR]Zhan

Edited 11 August 2010 - 9:15 pm by [TDR]Zhan
Neither can i, Game is dead, lets face it really, it was dying when i was mod of it and then after i went it just died completely.

Only way to attract new members is for IGZ to freely allow torrents of Aok to be used and played with.
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Edited 12 August 2010 - 10:25 pm by mich
Noobs are better than nothing. Noobs are what helps this place grow.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [TDR]Zhan

Posted 13 August 2010 - 12:01 am
mich wrote:
IGZ (Voobly* lol) We do allow torrents of AoK & AoC here. A lot of our users play with torrents.
AoK: [You must login to view link]
AoC: [You must login to view link]
really? wow you are screwed then
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Posted 13 August 2010 - 12:05 am
How's that?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [TDR]Zhan

Posted 13 August 2010 - 5:09 pm
Well if you cant even get players when you are giving the game for free, then how the hell can you get players?

Link | Reply | Quote
123[4]567891011
Displaying 46 - 60 out of 161 posts