Forest Nothing Guide

_Blackmore

Edited 23 October 2012 - 5:37 am by _Blackmore
Hi, I just made a guide of this map, for people who are interested in playing it can learn some things.
Quote:
Forest Nothing is a map full of trees, where there is no room even to put a house, no food, gold or stone. Each player starts with the Town Center and 3 villagers, and must chop down trees in order to build farms, houses, etc.

In this map the most used civilizations are Huns and Celts, Huns because they don't need houses, and can grow quickly with little space, and Celts because of their 15% bonus for lumberjacks and because they have Siege Onagers, which can cut trees. Anyway more experienced players use other civilizations sometimes.

In team games usually one player from each team should be the "cutter", a player with a Siege Onager civilization, the job of the "cutter" is to cut a path through the forest, to connect to his allies in order to be able to trade for gold. The rest of the team players should give resources to his "cutter" so that he can quickly reach the Imperial Age and make the route.

For new players it is best to start playing with Huns, as a civilization is relatively easy to handle on this map, so then here is a guide with images of how to use Huns.

VIEW COMPLETE GUIDE WITH IMAGES
Link | Reply | Quote
 Ochin

Posted 5 September 2012 - 2:51 am
This will come in handy :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Blackmore

Edited 8 September 2012 - 2:32 am by _Blackmore
Nice to see someone reading it now ;lol

By the way, I put it here too http://fn.voobly.com/pages/view/672

Preview image
You must login into Voobly to view image

[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 [BalaaM_]CaNeK

Posted 7 September 2012 - 7:00 am
Quote:
Forest Nothing Guide is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
;threaten ;threaten
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Blackmore

Posted 7 September 2012 - 7:21 am
Whats wrong with that?
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Doge__

Posted 7 September 2012 - 12:02 pm
Where can it be downloaded?
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Blackmore

Posted 8 September 2012 - 2:31 am
_Doge__ wrote:
Where can it be downloaded?
here [You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 [WTF]Interlet

Posted 23 October 2012 - 1:15 am
It's good to see this map still going strong and getting more and more popular!
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Blackmore

Posted 23 October 2012 - 5:38 am
I updated the link, now its on voobly site.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Woodstock

Posted 1 December 2012 - 7:03 pm
It is a cool map. Some may like it, some may hate it.

To me, it is just too slow. You chop wood for like 30 minutes, then just 5 minutes or less fighting. No rush. No nothing. The skills you need are wood cuttings.....
Link | Reply | Quote
 [WTF]Interlet

Posted 2 December 2012 - 10:27 pm
If you get a team game where all the players know how to play, the fighting will often out last the the economic stages... once the teams link up, the good bit, with games of 3v3 or 4v4 are the number of different cuts you can make to an enemy...the skill is more than wood chopping, although obviously, to start with, yes, but if you are not much of a team player, you are screwed...the micromanagement of the villagers early on is crucial, and it is more than just cutting wood - it's organising the layout of your town for the maximum possible efficiency, not just of farms, but of the lumbercamps, and houses if you are not huns...
Link | Reply | Quote
 Daolin

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:37 am
OK so I want to attempt to make another Forest Nothing Map, but I don't even know how to make a multiplayer map. Do you do something different than the map editor create scenario?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [WTF]Interlet

Posted 23 December 2012 - 7:23 pm
No, the map is exactly the same as a single player random map, you just need to edit the RMS script in order to make your own. If you make one, give credits and explanation of the difference, and do not just call it Forest Nothing on it's own call it FN something else!!
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Blackmore

Posted 3 February 2013 - 7:25 am
Daolin wrote:
OK so I want to attempt to make another Forest Nothing Map, but I don't even know how to make a multiplayer map. Do you do something different than the map editor create scenario?
If you dont know about map scripting you can share your idea and someone can make it :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 age_noob

Posted 3 February 2013 - 7:34 am
Make a map with a huge lake in the center (perfect circle shape) and trees everywhere else, as any FN map in the game.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 26 posts