Pulling data for external use?

CSA_A_Gracie

Edited 17 August 2022 - 11:22 pm by CSA_A_Gracie
Hey, I'm not sure if it's possible, but I'm trying to find out if there is any possibility of extracting game stat data from our clan members directly from voobly?

CSA uses the Age of Chivalry Ladder to isolate our ratings from the rest of Voobly (I'm sure many of you have noticed this over the years). We use this data to fine tune our internal rating system to make balanced teams as we are a very mixed group skill wise.

[You must login to view link]

To date we have mostly relied on observation, but it is difficult to catch everything. We are trying to go forward and find ways to automate data interpretation and ensure our rating system is updated in a timely manner. I recently created this (very simplistic) workbook to do some of that. However, there are numerous manual inputs.
I was hoping to find out if there is some way to pull data directly into some sort of database that I can link with the sheet to automate it (aside from updating the database)

Is this workable?

Alternatively, one of our members is writing a script to pull some of the data direct from each players profiles, but we have some concerns about whether or not this would breach voobly terms of service.

Regards,

Gracie
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 18 August 2022 - 10:06 am
You can automatically query the ladder stats and matches played using our API. Some knowledge in PHP or Python is required to write a script that runs as cronjob on your webserver.
Link | Reply | Quote
 CSA_A_Gracie

Posted 18 August 2022 - 5:40 pm
Thanks chris, I'll get one of the more technical clan members on the task then. Cheers
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 18 August 2022 - 8:04 pm
Refer them to the General Support Forums, so I can give them an API key and the ladder IDs.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts