Community Forums > Voobly General > Announcements > End of support for Windows 7 in February, 2023

End of support for Windows 7 in February, 2023

[WAOM]starkzzz

Posted 29 August 2022 - 11:27 pm
I have windows 7 since 2012 and there are people who still use it and windows 8 also the problem is the cost of the pc a little advanced in my opinion not many of us have that money to upgrade to a better pc
Link | Reply | Quote
 +kwin

Posted 30 August 2022 - 3:07 am
I have windows 7 since 2012 and there are people who still use it and windows 8 also the problem is the cost of the pc a little advanced in my opinion not many of us have that money to upgrade to a better pc

But you can try upgrade to W10...
In case there should be a driver problem, you can always go back to W7...

W10 would be better for you anyway... (security for example).

I made my pc in Nov 2013, and I have totally no driver problems with W10, works perfect.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 30 August 2022 - 11:29 pm
Windows 7 is a nice OS. I'm still on it myself and I like it, so I'm sad to see it go. ;byecry

As for st4rc0: Since your computer is from 2012, I expect that most, if not all of your hardware will work fine in Windows 10. All the important stuff will most likely work, e.g. graphics card, sound card, network card. Before you carry out the upgrade, make sure to make a backup of your personal files just in case. You know me from AOT, so if you need any help or have any questions, let me know. :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 CSA_R_Griffith

Posted 7 September 2022 - 6:47 am
+kwin wrote:
But you can try upgrade to W10...
In case there should be a driver problem, you can always go back to W7...

W10 would be better for you anyway... (security for example).

I made my pc in Nov 2013, and I have totally no driver problems with W10, works perfect.

I have Win10... Microsoft suggest me to upgrade to win11, but when going to the health of PC, it says I'm not compatible with the requirements for an upgrade. I dont met all requirements :(

About Win10.... and any windows I believe... They keep sucking, because I have to roll back my internet network adapter because windows update install one with Connection type 802.11a while previous driver was working with 802.11ac which is faster than the "newer" one... And my router is working with ac.....

I just wish there were a solution to play age and voobly on mac(other than wine/bottle)

Greetings

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]
Displaying 16 - 19 out of 19 posts