Twitch chat bridge not working anymore

kenbeimer

Edited 26 July 2022 - 7:50 pm by kenbeimer
After re-installing my pc and everything AOE related I also tried to make Twitch working again. I did several tests to get the same settings as before but at this moment I'm stuck at connecting chat bridge.

I tried everything, from disconnecting the old Twitch Chat OAuth connection in Twitch and use thát password, to entering my regular twitch password. No matter what I do, as soon as I check the 'connect chat bridge' nothing happens, the thing "checks" and I dont even get an error which I can google.

To keep finding this out simple, which password do I need to enter in the chat bridge settings? Are there any other settings I should use? And this "use mIRC" tip confused me even more. It just looks to be a seperate chat tool not doing anything with both voobly, twitch or obs.

osba999939a3c5a29c.png
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 17 July 2022 - 10:24 am
You must wait 24 hours. Please do not try to authenticate over and over again, else the 24 hrs on Twitch side will start over again. If you test with mIRC, you should see an "too many authentication attempts" error message. Please also double check, whether your AUTH Token is correct.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kenbeimer

Posted 17 July 2022 - 10:54 am
Oh, I did not know about the 24 hour wait. Maybe an idea to include that on the voobly cliënt, because I retried and retried over and over indeed not knowing what I did wrong.

The password I need to enter on the Voobly Chat Bridge settings is the OAUTH password and not my general Twitch password, right? Just double checking.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 17 July 2022 - 12:44 pm
If I remember correctly, the streaming key belongs there, not your Twitch credentials.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kenbeimer

Posted 17 July 2022 - 4:04 pm
Thank you very much for the fast and clear answer. I'll wait the 24 hours out and will hope things will work later tomorrow. :-)
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 17 July 2022 - 7:58 pm
Twitch is IRC based and they are using AUTH restrictions to prevent DOS / Bruteforce attacks against their servers. Before testing the Twitch bridge on Voobly, please test whether you can authenticate using your favorite IRC client.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kenbeimer

Edited 18 July 2022 - 5:52 pm by kenbeimer
I dont have a IRC cliënt. I have Voobly and OBS. All I wanna do is to stream from my perspective, since "noobs" dont do this that often. It didn't work today, so I must have made a mistake somewhere else.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 20 July 2022 - 12:08 pm
Did you get it working? :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 kenbeimer

Posted 21 July 2022 - 8:11 am
Sadly not, I must be making another mistake.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 22 July 2022 - 11:54 am
Please remove login / password (Streaming Key) and upload a screenshot with your current Twitch bridge settings.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kenbeimer

Edited 26 July 2022 - 1:33 pm by kenbeimer
osba999939a3c5a29c.png
https://tinypic.host/i/os.jaf05
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 26 July 2022 - 1:52 pm
Could you please upload the screenshots in your post? Please click Edit and use the attachment uploader at the bottom. Thank you. :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 ZoYa__

Posted 28 August 2022 - 3:36 pm
@chris Hey man same problem here. I just entered my twitch username and that auth token. It used to work and now it isnt.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 28 August 2022 - 8:58 pm
ZoYa__ wrote:
@chris Hey man same problem here. I just entered my twitch username and that auth token. It used to work and now it isnt.

Duplicate: https://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/347253/

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 14 out of 14 posts