Lobby access but cannot join a game

CSA_E_Smith

Posted 22 February 2021 - 2:42 am
I log on to Voobly and enter the Medieval Siege lobby. I get an error that says I am missing a *.dll file and asks me if I want voobly to fix it. It takes me to the .exe file I need and then it says "fix completed". I close the box and try to join a room and it says I lost connection with the server. The reconnect button on the message box is greyed out so I have to close and start the process all over again.
Link | Reply | Quote
 CSA_E_Smith

Posted 22 February 2021 - 3:27 am
This is the file that it says it is looking for

Non-DirectPlay game path is 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\aoc\aocpatch'
Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\aoc\aocpatch\language_x1.dll' exists...
Failure!
Link | Reply | Quote
 +kwin

Posted 22 February 2021 - 3:58 am
I would reinstall Voobly again, but maybe you get a better answer from the tech guys...
Link | Reply | Quote
 +arslan

Posted 22 February 2021 - 6:05 am
Hi,

Exit the Voobly completely and then delete the "aoc" folder from 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\'

If you have any other mods installed for aoc they will be deleted as well, but will get re-installed once you restart voobly and join the game lobby.

Also to check why these files got corrupt in first place, do a complete Virus scan. Also try ths:
Quote:
Click the Start button and in the search bar, type cmd. Right-click on cmd.exe and select Run as Administrator. Click Yes on the User Account Control (UAC) prompt that appears, and once the blinking cursor appears, type: SFC /scannow and press the Enter key
Link | Reply | Quote
 CSA_E_Smith

Posted 22 February 2021 - 4:02 pm
Doom, did what you said but the same problem occurred. It says it fixed the problem but when i close that message box, it says that i have lost connection to the server and the "reconnect Mow" button is greyed out. So i have to cancel out which throws me back to the Game Browser page. that starts the process all over again. Is there a way to get this file language_x1.dll and just place it in the directory?
Link | Reply | Quote
 CSA_E_Smith

Posted 22 February 2021 - 4:13 pm
p.s. Its a brand new pc and this is the only thing I have loaded on it besides Discord.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 22 February 2021 - 5:04 pm
Please perform a clean installation of the Voobly client:
[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 CSA_E_Smith

Posted 22 February 2021 - 9:14 pm
I have uninstalled Voobly, deleted Voobly folders, reinstalled the client several times, same problem. This is crazy and frustrating.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 22 February 2021 - 9:29 pm
I have uninstalled Voobly, deleted Voobly folders, reinstalled the client several times, same problem. This is crazy and frustrating.

Run this in an administrator command prompt
Code:
dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth sfc /scannow
Link | Reply | Quote
 CSA_E_Smith

Posted 23 February 2021 - 2:30 am
Thanks Chris, did all that, uninstalled vooby, d'loaded Cleint server again, same result. This message also appears that may be the problem?

The file was not found at the location the registry said it should be. The registry keys need to either be fixed or the game needs to be moved to the proper location.

Thoughts?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 23 February 2021 - 8:56 am
Could you please manually install the AOC files for Voobly Client:
https://www.voobly.com/updates/voobly-gamedata-aoc-v1.1.1.9.exe

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 11 out of 11 posts