Voobly on Linux/Ubuntu?

[xCs]_Jv

Posted 2 February 2020 - 1:37 pm
Tittle
Link | Reply | Quote
 +kwin

Posted 2 February 2020 - 2:03 pm
Search Google: Voobly linux...
You will see links on this forum about it...
Link | Reply | Quote
 [mouz]_SpeCiaL

Posted 5 February 2020 - 3:48 am
you dont play while u are at work
Link | Reply | Quote
 [mouz]jotita7

Posted 6 February 2020 - 3:39 am
voobly or aoc ?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Valkyria7

Edited 7 February 2020 - 1:43 pm by Valkyria7
I'm playing aoe2 Wololokingdoms and classic AoC with voobly on Debian testing with wine and it runs fine. Without any additional scripts or stuff. Just run the voobly installer in wine
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]_Jv

Posted 7 February 2020 - 4:49 pm
Valkyria7 wrote:
I'm playing aoe2 Wololokingdoms and classic AoC with voobly on Debian testing with wine and it runs fine. Without any additional scripts or stuff. Just run the voobly installer in wine

voobly installer or voobly?
and will aoc run perefectly?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Valkyria7

Posted 8 February 2020 - 7:42 am
> voobly installer or voobly?
Well if you run the voobly installer with wine it will install voobly in your wine prefix. usually
.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Voobly/
from where you can start it with wine. Usually "wine voobly.exe". But Please look at the other threads here or google for details about wine and it's concepts.

> and will aoc run perefectly?
Yes and no. It runs very smooth and performant, but there is the scroll bug. Which means when you tab out the game while it runs in 1 out of 10 cases when you tab back the game just scrolls left forever, and you can't stop it. Details should also be documented on the winehq site for aoe2
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]_Jv

Posted 8 February 2020 - 11:12 am
ohh ok, i'll take it into consideration, thanks :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 PaladinPrenex

Posted 8 August 2021 - 1:48 am
I just want to add the followings:

- Arch linux I use. Installed voobly, works properly. Had to install directplay with winetricks.
- Game only runs for me if I do not let the game change resolution. Safest for me is when 800x600 lol. likely nvidia driver issue
- Game runs well, battles run well. Lag close to none.

Bad things:
- NPL I cannot enter. The mechanisms that check if you are banned or not are not working on linux so you look like banned.
- Crash happens when voobly sends me automatic message in chat while I am in the middle of a game lol

Anyone any idea what to do with the latter? Really annoying - especially in team games where you crash out of your team. Can it be turned off some way that voobly system messages in chat you do not get? I would want to turn it off just to avoid this crash...
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 10 August 2021 - 9:27 pm
Change your Messenger Settings, so your status will be changed to Do Not Disturb when playing. You cannot be messaged when DND is turned on. :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Enuffsaid

Posted 21 December 2021 - 6:50 pm
I run voobly succesfully but when I hit any game or try to host, the lost connection to server windows appears.
Any thoughts?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 21 December 2021 - 7:40 pm
You must install DPlay. And when you enable the widescreen patch, you also need .NET Framework.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 12 out of 12 posts