CS dying and..

Th0m

Posted 7 October 2019 - 9:16 pm
Voobly isn't funded by memberships; it has always been supported out of pocket by at most a few select individuals and they don't owe CS anything. I could be wrong but as far as I can see, CS had been carried again by a few individuals with enough maturity, generosity and energy to make things happen - ie. mich, Barry, nhoobish, gallas, donnie etc. players like sean/malte/camp also tried to actually make things happen. funny that people like barry and even mich were always blamed for CS' problems but the second they stop trying, CS crumbles. nobody is stopping the current players from organising their own events - they finally have what they want, no staff holding them back.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]PLO_Style

Posted 7 October 2019 - 10:14 pm
stfu u ****
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 8 October 2019 - 1:31 am
The loss of Taff was also a major blow for CS but cant blame him for ditching cs
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_BB]BakeTheCake

Posted 8 October 2019 - 9:37 am
Thanks to the mods who carried cs for so many years. Time to move on ;1thumbup
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Edited 8 October 2019 - 11:26 am by ['RB']nhoobish
Voobly actively supports RM/DM where possible; with cash tournaments, streams, competitions, prizes, every time I login I'm pm'd by Voobly about some rm match/tournament, much of this money comes from players buying memberships: if you hadn't noticed it's not just rm players who buy memberships. So I am entirely justified saying that.
  • RM/DM cash tournaments are supported by the community or sponsors. People have often put money from their own pocket to have a prize pool in an event. (Not as common in CS.)
  • RM/DM players have streams, because people from the community have volunteered to stream their POV or an event, etc. I see no reason for an outsider to be streaming CS, maybe casually for brief fun, but not competitively. (CS does not have as many volunteers to stream CS events, POV or matches, and Voobly should not force anyone either, as this is not CS GO with hired casters.)
  • Both RM/DM and CS have had a fair bit of competitions, I would not say CS was lacking. In present though the events have stopped, because the volunteers who organized them for CS have dispersed over time. (Nothing restricts new people from taking up the challenge.)
  • During my active years CS received more Badge and Membership prizes than RM, but the money prizes are in favour of RM/DM, because of the community and sponsors who are willing to put their money in. (More top CS players had a won Membership than top RM players, same goes to Badges, eventhough CS has always had a smaller active playerbase.)
  • Both CS and RM/DM event organizers can equally request a broadcast message from Voobly Staff. (Just a matter of communication between the organizer and members of Voobly Staff.)
  • As Locked already mentioned, buying Voobly Membership does not lead to supporting any events.
I would say it is mainly up to the community to look after itself, Voobly is just here to provide you tools and options to do it. Voobly Staff is also made up by community members, the fact that CS side is currently lacking does not mean new people are not welcome. Go and apply, host your events, contribute your time, if you want to see a change or anything else happening aside from the current situation.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [CRG]Gleich

Posted 8 October 2019 - 2:11 pm
i was one of the best 20 CSers of AOK back in 2004-8 and CBA killed CS in 2006ish.
New players dont want to learn complex maps, AOC patroll system is ****ed up and many AOC CS maps are unfair. Most dont allow for any chance of comeback, also sabs, which are a great strategy and comeback units are buged in AOC.
Another reason CS is dead is the CS comunoity, agressive against noobs and new players, which withought any help wont learn the maps, and have the **** CBA for brainless gaming and "fun".
Link | Reply | Quote
 kingved

Posted 8 October 2019 - 4:46 pm
i was one of the best 20 CSers of AOK back in 2004-8 and CBA killed CS in 2006ish.
New players dont want to learn complex maps, AOC patroll system is ****ed up and many AOC CS maps are unfair. Most dont allow for any chance of comeback, also sabs, which are a great strategy and comeback units are buged in AOC.
Another reason CS is dead is the CS comunoity, agressive against noobs and new players, which withought any help wont learn the maps, and have the **** CBA for brainless gaming and "fun".
11 you just bad stfu

theHand

4 July 2019 - 9:15 pm

Will ask for a 2 minute break, then just unpause the game, and play on with opponent afk. 11

thats you
Link | Reply | Quote
 [7th]Regu1Lator

Posted 8 October 2019 - 11:41 pm
Make a tournament for a few hundred dollars and I'll play ;)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]_Jv

Posted 9 October 2019 - 4:35 pm
Make a tournament for a few hundred dollars and I'll play ;)
id recommend stay rerrolling for akali
Link | Reply | Quote
 Goi

Edited 10 October 2019 - 4:13 am by Goi
heygirlhey wrote:
Not that it matters, but I'm mich, I use to moderate CS. I was also on Voobly staff for 9+ years.
Forgive the salt as Voobly pretty much let CS die.

Mich <3 <3 <3
Link | Reply | Quote
 Miss_FIREzzz

Posted 10 October 2019 - 10:41 pm
Fiery_ wrote:
Whoa whoa whoa... can't we just all calm down and blame Icey? Cancer has to start somewhere.
;wrathfuldinonoises
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 11 October 2019 - 1:26 am
I miss Icey...
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]EyeZz_

Posted 11 October 2019 - 1:50 pm
CS died from ratings being introduced at GamePark. It set in motion the conditions for CBA to remain a focal point in CS and kill CS like a cancer.

I think Voobly and the community did well to delay the death for so long. CS has always been toxic. Always had a mix of good or bad moderator and community input. Maps have always died out pre-CBA.

TIW was some of the most fun I've had in CS. Would have been nice to have years earlier.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Icey

Edited 14 October 2019 - 5:16 am by Icey
I miss Icey...

You must login into Voobly to view image

My work here is done
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Edited 16 October 2019 - 11:26 am by [Eot_]Marvel__
There's nothing wrong with aoc, you're just an aoker who can't adapt, you probably didn't spend enough time with aoc.. you would've picked it up and learned to appreciate it if you spent any real time in aoc. It's not uncommon. The patrol is fine, just different, and it was largely fixed in later patches. Aoc maps just take different skills and are based around map control, and micro largely over unit control using different variations of patrol.

Also, aok cs lived way past 2006, maybe till 2009ish, you just weren't around. Guys like vardan, sin, soma, ulti, myself, enzo, perfect, damian etc were still playing in 2008.

CS is the ****-end of a 20 year old game, it's natural progression for it to die, it's a miracle it lived this long and a miracle RM still thrives.

Link | Reply | Quote
1234[5]6789101112131415161718192021»
Displaying 61 - 75 out of 415 posts