CS dying and..

Anik3t

Posted 2 October 2019 - 3:58 pm
Remove all ratings from CS and see what happens. Probably more variety, its just a cluster**** of CBA "pros." i miss blood maps and RPG's, Roll the Dice. Convoluted af having so many rated ladders.
People played CS just because to flaunt their ratings.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [7th]Like_Gg___

Posted 2 October 2019 - 8:30 pm
Dej4Vu wrote:
if the problem is about ppl leaving coz some are point whoring.. let me tell you are wrong, maps have been always made it, and if there still some ppl to play it wont matter about only 1 map if they can earn points from most ladders.
from my perspective i saw the decline when most of 7th clan leave CS because damian have been banned, i mean its not this why but in time meaning is about november 2016.
causes are many, most of the times people said that resetting ladders make most of CS players(noobs/mid range) who dont play so competitive started to leave slowly plus careless from the staff about what CS players want for their community finnaly shot down them.
is like most people get tired about not getting their room filled up and end up leaving this place to play on another lobby or another game, so excuses like flaming/ toxic community or some stuff like that is cheap, because you can see the same size or worse of these happend in aother community or another games and still having many players.... worst excuse ever made in this place for real.
i have to say i been agree about resetting ladders coz didn't affect me at all because doesn't means as much for me but on the contrary it happened with most CS ppl and we have see this comming.

Totally agree. Damian killed CS
Link | Reply | Quote
 Dej4Vu

Posted 3 October 2019 - 6:52 am
Totally agree. Damian killed CS
indeed ;1thumbup
Link | Reply | Quote
 +kimberly@voobly

Posted 3 October 2019 - 10:18 pm
Remove all ratings from CS and see what happens.
This is how the AOK community was killed on Voobly.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 4 October 2019 - 1:50 am
Aok on voobly died when they did anything and everthing to make the gr crowd happy only for them to move on to aoc or stay in gr after a few days
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 4 October 2019 - 1:51 am
That was also the last time Damien played aok as he got pissed off with another reset.... i guess we need damian to survive
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]JacobRothschild

Posted 5 October 2019 - 8:39 am
Shut
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Hacks

Posted 5 October 2019 - 11:14 pm
Aok on voobly died when they did anything and everthing to make the gr crowd happy only for them to move on to aoc or stay in gr after a few days

True
This is how the AOK community was killed on Voobly.

As if it was alive before the rating reset?

Don't blame it on the reset. AOK DIED WHEN DAN LEFT IT! tooth
Link | Reply | Quote
 [7th]xAwaKeNg

Posted 6 October 2019 - 10:26 am
staff never listen to players suggestions and think they are the only smart people so let it be thx
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]PLO_Style

Posted 6 October 2019 - 4:42 pm
staff never listen to players suggestions and think they are the only smart people so let it be thx

Kol khara?
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Hacks

Posted 7 October 2019 - 12:33 am
Kol khara?

ehhhhhhh hek lezem hahahahaha ;lol
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]_Jv

Posted 7 October 2019 - 3:20 am
Kol khara?

aliening ?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy_LSB

Posted 7 October 2019 - 3:02 pm
Voobly staff are responsible for accelerated CS decline. No support, no tournaments, no incentives/advertisement/streaming/putting some of the donated/membership funds back into CS; only RM.

Think if TIW 2017 or 18 let alone 19 happened would have caused a) some current players to improve their game and b) some older players a reason to come back from either inactivity/playing rm.

Anyway mostly over now, only way I see CS coming back is either a tg/clan cash injection tournament and or merging with rm/dm lobby.

I'm of the opinion that if you keep 3 separate lobbies in voobly for AoC - NPL/CS/RM&DM, what will happen to CS is this: when it gets smaller and smaller, as it has, players leave but they don't necessarily go to RM/DM lobby, many just quit. But if there was a lobby merge, fewer people would quit entirely AND some rm/dm players may try CS.

Could offer a clan tournament - each clan put in $100, winner takes all. Would be a lot for some clans who are predominantly from the 3rd world or LEDC's.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [7th]Sir_Duke

Edited 7 October 2019 - 5:15 pm by [7th]Sir_Duke
I don't think voobly staff is really to blame.

I think it's mainly a community issue.
Too much toxicity, not enough maturity and sportmanship. I myself am definately not innocent in this either.

Rm doesn't really get that much of a special treatment from voobly as far as i can see. It's passionate individuals that help the community and who even put in their own money to create interesting tourneys. The top players are mature and responsable enough to make these tourneys into a success so more tourneys follow.

Special shout-out to the people who have helped to give CS such a nice run.
Would like to mention [Bad]Army with his TIW tourneys which were the most ambitious and most succesful projects i can remember in CS.
Would also like to mention Malte and Barry: i DEFINATELY didn't always agree with their decisions, and i felt like them not listening to (parts of) the community was very bad for that community. Other than that they did some really nice work on random ladder and they put in a lot of hours for the community.

One last thing:
-Voobly doesn't owe you ****, you're not paying any of the mods/staff members anything, they don't work for you. Be grateful for what they have achieved (which is a lot).
-Same can be said about clans/players: top players don't owe you anything, fi they don't want to play then that's their damned right. If you don't create a competitive, non-toxic environment then don't be surprised to see them leave.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy_LSB

Edited 7 October 2019 - 5:31 pm by [Me_]Zanchy_LSB
Never said to blame said responsible for accelerated decline, ofc the game is so old now and even if it wasn't people do just get bored and move on. Voobly actively supports RM/DM where possible; with cash tournaments, streams, competitions, prizes, every time I login I'm pm'd by Voobly about some rm match/tournament, much of this money comes from players buying memberships: if you hadn't noticed it's not just rm players who buy memberships. So I am entirely justified saying that.

I agree with you entirely about army/barry/malte, when I say it's a shame TIW 2017 onwards never happened, that's an example of how successful or pro-motive previous tournaments were usually if not entirely due to frankie.

One last thing, voobly isn't a person it's a server funded by the players who buy memberships (I've bought about 6x since being here), so actually it owes or should owe the paying players something; but you're right, for most people who haven't or can't afford membership it doesn't owe them anything.

Players are just people, nobody inferred that they owe anybody anything; if they find a game fun they play if not they don't. I'm 100% certain SOME, not all but some of the people we call top players are inactive or don't play much because it's dead as oppose to not enjoying the game anymore or needing to quit. For example Jassim has been online past few days but can't find anything to play except cba hero, he seems to want to play but can't find anything more than this 1 map because this is naturally what is left (easiest and most played map expected to be left last).

You speak about toxic community and stuff but you'd rather write paragraphs moaning and groaning rather than suggesting something positive. Either you want to try and reinvigorate some CS games or you don't, if you do post something productive, if not why bother posting?

Link | Reply | Quote
123[4]56789101112131415161718192021»
Displaying 46 - 60 out of 415 posts