How to play your own custom map on voobly

mkj13

Edited 6 June 2019 - 4:01 am by mkj13
i created a map i want to play on voobly but i can't pick it.
and have been searching google for the past hour finding no help.

Is there any reason i can't do this?

i don't understand what i am doing wrong.

can someone point me in the right direction please
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 6 June 2019 - 9:33 am by [MM]Gallas
hi mkj13,

It can happen if you use datamod with extra civs, such like WK, Realms or PCM. In this case you have to go to the mod's directory to find your map.

Also keep in mind, the aoeHD scenario file type .aoe2scenario is not compatible for aoc.
("modify scenario dependencies" and aokTS may can convert it, but without any new expansion objects)
Link | Reply | Quote
 CaptZeeZ

Posted 8 August 2019 - 3:50 pm
I didn't use extra civ. I only used original game data (Kings and Conquerors) files was saved as scenario type. I changed it to scr and rms by renaming the extensions. copied it to appropriate folders but it crashes
Link | Reply | Quote
 MMO_Executioner

Posted 8 August 2019 - 9:34 pm
[MM]Gallas wrote:
hi mkj13,

It can happen if you use datamod with extra civs, such like WK, Realms or PCM. In this case you have to go to the mod's directory to find your map.

Also keep in mind, the aoeHD scenario file type .aoe2scenario is not compatible for aoc.
("modify scenario dependencies" and aokTS may can convert it, but without any new expansion objects)

When Microsoft made aoe/aoc they included programing for making your own map. This programing should not be altered and be able to be used to make a map and played here!!!!!
Link | Reply | Quote
 Jineapple

Posted 9 August 2019 - 1:00 am
CaptZeeZ wrote:
I didn't use extra civ. I only used original game data (Kings and Conquerors) files was saved as scenario type. I changed it to scr and rms by renaming the extensions. copied it to appropriate folders but it crashes

You can't just rename the extension, the file itself has to be converted. You can use Trigger Studio for that.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 5 out of 5 posts