Community Forums > General > Suggestions & New Game Support > Separate WololoKingdoms Game from RM Lobby?

Separate WololoKingdoms Game from RM Lobby?

Pavel_Korchagin

Group: Standard Membership
Posted 11 February 2019 - 2:58 pm
Right now, about half or more games in RM MS lobby are WK games. For us casual players, we never have the intention to install WK. For the WK players, they probably want to stick wit the WK games. So it seems there are two distinct groups, one WK, one non-WK. We do not really cross. I can never play any WK games since I do not have it installed.

So I think it makes sense to separate WK from the regular RM MS lobby. It can be just RM WK lobby. They both groups are happy with the games and players they belong to.

I do not care about the $25 or so, but HD does not offer me anything extra. I do not care about the extra civs and it is extremely hard to remember those new civs. It is a pain to install WK.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +[email protected]

Group: Server Administrator
Posted 11 February 2019 - 3:13 pm
WK is just a mod for AOC and not a different game. In the past we had separate lobbies for Forgotten Empires and Rise of the Rajas and it didn't work well, so we updated our client, that all those mods could now be played in our AOC lobbies.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Pavel_Korchagin

Group: Standard Membership
Edited 11 February 2019 - 3:51 pm by Pavel_Korchagin
WK should not be considered a mod since we can't just download it and play it. We'll have to purchase from Steam and register at Steam. The installation has been a painful process.

As for different game, we have MS, RM AG, Inter lobby, NPL etc. All are lobbies for AoC, a single game.

So why can't we have a RM MS and a separate RM WK lobby? Those two are not compatible.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +[email protected]

Group: Server Administrator
Posted 11 February 2019 - 4:23 pm
So why can't we have a RM MS and a separate RM WK lobby? Those two are not compatible.
WK is just a mod for AOC and not a different game. In the past we had separate lobbies for Forgotten Empires and Rise of the Rajas and it didn't work well, so we updated our client, that all those mods could now be played in our AOC lobbies.

Technically there are no compatibility issues.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts