Community Forums > General > Suggestions & New Game Support > The New Player Lobby needs a rework.

The New Player Lobby needs a rework.

+[email protected]

Group: Server Administrator
Posted 10 February 2019 - 2:16 pm
this is completely true! i recently got banned from it in spite of not playing it in for a few months, and that sucks!
Not because i want to play with noobs and/or bash them but because there are soo many modes which are played exclusively in the NPL lobby like Jurassic, Vampire Revenge, Zombie, VUBG, CBA ttm (which is fun to play at times which CS lobby nobody is interested) etc. etc
Also if you want to try out some new maps which arent RPG or TD then NPL is the only place to go, CS lobby people do not wish to build, RM DM players are well, just too serious. Like i myself have made this map but cant play it because nobody joins my room in CS lobby and RM DM lobby, only in NPL does it fill up fast. Then even rooms with other modes like Age of Chivalry, Portugese Civ Mode, etc. etc. never fill up anywhere except the NPL lobby
And basically in banning me from NPL, Voobly has banned me from several modes and that definitely decreases the amount of fun i have playing here
So please remove that ban!
I guess this will become your new Ceterum Censeo. Why would you want to return to the NPL, if you were already playing actively in the MS lobby? Let me answer that for you. It's the same reason why everyone else who is banned from the NPL wants to play there.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +[email protected]

Posted 10 February 2019 - 2:36 pm
GoldenDome wrote:
I personally have seen a couple players who are not supposed to be in the New Player lobby. They are in mid to advanced levels, but like to create new accounts to play in New Player lobby. They would win 10 team games to earn like 50 points. Then they would lose intentionally to random other players in 1v1 games. They would always stay at 1600 level and keep doing that.

I'm not sure what Voobly can do anything about it. Not sure if there is any rule on that. No point trading, no cheating. Just fooling around and interrupt other players and other games. We just do not want to play with other players who are not at your own level, either much higher or much lower.

Just some observations.
GoldenDome wrote:
I do not think what Donnie said would work. At least for some people.

The people I mentioned before do not even care about points. They get fun for beating other real new players. So they can feel the thrills about beating other players. They may have some hard time beating other advanced players. But they are cowards and want to hide and play in New Player lobby.

Those people can keep creating new accounts and always enter as new players.

Even worse are people doing that in our New Player Lobby. It's rating manipulation according to our policies and just like PT, it can result in a temporary ban and loss of accounts. In our NPL it's already enough, if you play with multiple accounts, an automatic process will then transfer you to MS sooner or later.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +[email protected]

Edited 10 February 2019 - 2:40 pm by +[email protected]
[MM]jizzy wrote:
Yeah basically u set the room type as new player, intermediate, expert, dm or cs. Could even include an aok room type.
Players can filter the rooms they want to see. Then you can block certain rating levels from new player and intermediate rooms.
As previously explained, it's technically not possible to do that. AOK and AOC are two different games and our Anti Cheat works differently in those lobbies. Also certain rating requirements, such as ratings only for official maps require a separate lobby. The idea and concept behind Voobly is totally differently from GR. We are a Zone clone, not a GR clone.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Blood_Drainer

Group: Standard Membership
Posted 10 February 2019 - 4:12 pm
well? i did answer your question of why i want to get back to NPL in the previous text itself? well here it is:
there are soo many modes which are played exclusively in the NPL lobby like Jurassic, Vampire Revenge, Zombie, VUBG, CBA ttm (which is fun to play at times which CS lobby nobody is interested) etc. etc
Also if you want to try out some new maps which arent RPG or TD then NPL is the only place to go, CS lobby people do not wish to build, RM DM players are well, just too serious. Like i myself have made this map but cant play it because nobody joins my room in CS lobby and RM DM lobby, only in NPL does it fill up fast. Then even rooms with other modes like Age of Chivalry, Portugese Civ Mode, etc. etc. never fill up anywhere except the NPL lobby.
as mentioned by me earlier, i do not even play rated games in that lobby, check my rating, im perfect 1200, 0 wins, 0 losses, if i want to play any RM matches, i go to Medieval Siege, i just want to get to NPL for playing other modes which arent played in the lobbies i have access to
Link | Reply | Quote
 [sT]MassKilller

Posted 10 February 2019 - 6:24 pm
well? i did answer your question of why i want to get back to NPL in the previous text itself? well here it is:
there are soo many modes which are played exclusively in the NPL lobby like Jurassic, Vampire Revenge, Zombie, VUBG, CBA ttm (which is fun to play at times which CS lobby nobody is interested) etc. etc
Also if you want to try out some new maps which arent RPG or TD then NPL is the only place to go, CS lobby people do not wish to build, RM DM players are well, just too serious. Like i myself have made this map but cant play it because nobody joins my room in CS lobby and RM DM lobby, only in NPL does it fill up fast. Then even rooms with other modes like Age of Chivalry, Portugese Civ Mode, etc. etc. never fill up anywhere except the NPL lobby.
as mentioned by me earlier, i do not even play rated games in that lobby, check my rating, im perfect 1200, 0 wins, 0 losses, if i want to play any RM matches, i go to Medieval Siege, i just want to get to NPL for playing other modes which arent played in the lobbies i have access to

Makes sense. People are alot more open to playing new maps and mods there. They are willing to get out of their comfort zone and try new maps and mods. Unlike MS players who are afraid to play anything other then ARABIA and BF.

I personally want to play gold rush but i cant because nobody in this lobby would play it. I wanna go to NPL for GOLD RUSH!
Link | Reply | Quote
 +[email protected]

Edited 10 February 2019 - 6:58 pm by +[email protected]

Age of Chivalry is a rated mod in the Medieval Siege Lobby. Just check who is playing the ladder and join them.
https://www.voobly.com/ladder/view/Age-of-Empires-II-The-Conquerors/Age-of-Chivalry

We removed the ability to play rated CS maps in NPL after tons of complaints similar to the Custom Scenario lobby. So the decision was moving all custom maps to the Custom Scenario Lobby. A future update could also finally solve the problem, that people are still playing unrated CS maps in NPL.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [NHN]LautreamonT_

Group: Silver Membership
Posted 10 February 2019 - 9:00 pm
I personally think that the auto-ban is one of the best things to incorporate new players, it is not true that each one leaves his own will, unfortunately there would be many players who would dedicate themselves to playing in npl with being levels 15 or 16+ in medieval siege, generating that many new players get frustrated and leave the game.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Pavel_Korchagin

Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:30 pm
The NPL auto ban is bad. I do not want to any other word since I'm afraid Voobly would ban me.

I've posted complaints about two players who can IMP at 24 minutes and beat real noobs easily. Yet Voobly NPL ban system can't catch those players. It is also common in NPL that certain players would intentionally resign to lose points. Or they would play 1v1 games and intentionally lose points to random people.

Please fix your system. Catch the fake new players and allow real players to learn or get back into the game.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [sT]MassKilller

Posted 11 February 2019 - 8:11 am
The NPL auto ban is bad. I do not want to any other word since I'm afraid Voobly would ban me.

I've posted complaints about two players who can IMP at 24 minutes and beat real noobs easily. Yet Voobly NPL ban system can't catch those players. It is also common in NPL that certain players would intentionally resign to lose points. Or they would play 1v1 games and intentionally lose points to random people.

Please fix your system. Catch the fake new players and allow real players to learn or get back into the game.

Can you give the match link please? I wanna see the match stats.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +[email protected]

Posted 11 February 2019 - 8:39 am
I'm afraid Voobly would ban me.
Why would we do that?

The times where random voluntary staff could ban a player or kick them from their game for personal or no reason were ages ago. Nowadays voluntary staff is trained, all moderator actions are reviewed and complaints you submit about voluntary staff can no longer be read or seen by them -- if posted in the correct section.
We never said that our automatic ban algorithm is perfect, but it already covers 90% of what we had to do manually otherwise. People resigning won games can be reported and they will be banned immediately from playing in the New Player Lobby, if proper evidence was provided. Please also understand, that we cannot ban players based on 24 minutes to IMP age. This requires some more evidence and them doing that in more than just a few games they played so far. You are encouraged to report such players.
Our New Player Lobby was designed for new players, who have to get familiar with the Voobly client first and getting used to the different game-play on Voobly first. Players from Steam for example are our target group. Once they have met certain rating requirements, they will automatically be transferred to the MS lobby.

Our New Player Lobby was however never designed for bad players who want to improve their game-play. Something that is actually not possible to achieve anyway. If you compare, how players in NPL play VS how players in MS play, you will also understand, that you will never get better, if you continue playing in the NPL. You completely must change your strategy in the first 30 minutes of the game, something that cannot be trained in the NPL, because it simply does not exist there.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Pavel_Korchagin

Edited 11 February 2019 - 10:02 am by Pavel_Korchagin
Here are two of the SCs. I've removed the player names for privacy purposes. This just shows the activities of the NPL abuses. Voobly should catch those guys....

Attachments:
Game1 2.png (file size: 88.08 KB)
Game2 2.png (file size: 97.78 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:29 am
Here are two of the SCs. I've removed the player names for privacy purposes. This just shows the activities of the NPL abuses. Voobly should catch those guys....

you must be really bored to care about these lovely individuals
Link | Reply | Quote
 +[email protected]

Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:04 pm
https://www.voobly.com/match/view/19268786
https://www.voobly.com/match/view/19267564
Link | Reply | Quote
 Blood_Drainer

Posted 11 February 2019 - 4:29 pm
well, firstly, Age of Chivalry was just ONE of the modes, there are other modes as well like Portugese Civ Mode which DONT have any rated system AND not played in RM lobby
And in fact, i did check out that ladder, there were only a group of friends with similar names which play Age of Chivalry on the RM lobby, NOBODY else and of course as they are 8 or the rooms are locked, they do not let anyone else in, also i have hardly seen any one playing Age of Chivalry in that lobby as well
I like your plan, but as someone else pointed out, NPL is the ONLY lobby where people are free to try out new modes and try to play out of their comfort zone, theyll play anything which is good for the new map makers and new mod makers, and also as mentioned by me repeatedly and ignored (yeah i know you got enough in your plate, im sorry :)) CS lobby players DO NOT LIKE TO BUILD! and RM players DO NOT LIKE TO PLAY ANYTHING APART FROM BF, ARABIA AND NOMAD! and this isnt my assumption, many people have themselves said this to me personally so please reverting the NPL auto ban will be welcomed by me a lot!
Also thank you for reading and replying to us all!
Link | Reply | Quote
 [sT]MassKilller

Posted 11 February 2019 - 4:40 pm

Ok Chris time to explain.

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]345
Displaying 16 - 30 out of 75 posts