Graphics card

+Zaid

Group: Game Moderator
Edited 30 August 2018 - 8:10 am by +Zaid
Hey guys , I am planning to start stream for aoe.Any idea which graphics card I will need for the stream?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Grond]LnL_

Group: Standard Membership
Posted 30 August 2018 - 4:33 pm
What other games do you play and plan to stream?
Streaming is bottlenecked by CPU mostly, generally you'd get better value spending more money on your CPU. AoE isn't GPU intensive anyways HOWEVER new GPUs announced last Monday I think so prices are dropping and will continue to drop for a while so you might want to hold off a bit to get the best value for money
Link | Reply | Quote
 +Zaid

Edited 31 August 2018 - 4:18 am by +Zaid
hi, i play aoe only on voobly and wants to stream it too , as i will get a higher internet connection in the end of the next month.
my settings are now 4gb RAM , i5 3.2 ghz processor , and approx graphics memory is 1696 with directx11 compatible , sorry i am noob with it.
Any recommended settings?
so i can upgrade to those settings.
thanks for your time ;flowers
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Grond]LnL_

Posted 31 August 2018 - 9:08 pm
What's your budget + what gen is that i5?
If you plan to stream in 1080p, I think you'd want one of the more recent i5s or i7s for hyperthreading otherwise the older i5s are probably fine with 720p.
If you're only playing AoE then you don't really need a top of the range GPU. AoE doesn't need a strong GPU and fps is locked anyway.

Have you posted on AoEZone? You might get more responses there - a few things to think about:
If AoE DE/IV comes out, will you purchase it with Windows 10? Most likely you will need a decent GPU to play that.
If you do upgrade, you need to make sure your motherboard/psu are appropriate and your set up is future proof.
Do you do any CAD on your pc? Have you considered going down the AMD Ryzen route if it's in your budget? Extremely good value for money compared to Intel counterparts.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +Zaid

Posted 1 September 2018 - 4:03 am
hi , i don't have any plan for DE/IV , as i love the current version aoc/wk on voobly. its 2nd generation core i5 3.2ghz processor 4gb ram and 1696 approx graphics memory with directx 11 compatible.My internet upload and download speed will be 10mbps.
Streaming in 720p is fine for me.
Any Recommended upgradation for streaming in 720p.
Thanks You :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 +VTech_Hassan

Group: Technical Support
Posted 1 September 2018 - 4:19 am
I don't know if you read this thread first : https://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/254291 as mentionned by Genette :
Should I start Twitch-streaming?

Voobly Live Streaming Guide

Hi everyone,

in order to speed things up and enable us to give you the support you're looking for here, please include these four pieces of information in your post:
Your operating system, e.g. Windows 8.1
Your desktop resolution, e.g. 1920x1080
The name/model of your CPU, e.g. Intel i7 4770K
Your internet upload speed, cf. [You must login to view link] , e.g. 5.72 Mbps

To get a rough idea whether your system/internet can handle live streaming, here's the minimum requirements I would suggest for a 720p stream:
Operating system Windows 7 and higher
Desktop resolution 1366x768 and higher
CPU Passmark score (use Ctrl+F) 3500 and higher
Upload speed 2.0 Mbps and higher

Cheers,

It sums pretty much the business, as the Graphics card is not that much prioritized in streaming, since the CPU is the one principally which endures the thing. You'll also need to pay attention on the UPLOAD speed. Mostly, Download and upload speed aren't the same (Most of the times, upload speed is much lower than the download speed).
Link | Reply | Quote
 +Zaid

Edited 1 September 2018 - 5:50 am by +Zaid
hi hassan , i red that but wanted to know about the graphics card like which is being used mostly.
i will have optical fibre internet in the end of this month which gives you almost the same upload and download speed.
Thank you:)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Grond]LnL_

Posted 1 September 2018 - 9:18 am
For a budget card that can do high end stuff decently, I'd recommend GTX 1050 but again this might require PSU&Motherboard changes
Link | Reply | Quote
 +Zaid

Posted 1 September 2018 - 9:52 am
k , got it thanks .
Link | Reply | Quote
 +VTech_Hassan

Group: Technical Support
Posted 4 September 2018 - 11:06 pm
For a budget card that can do high end stuff decently, I'd recommend GTX 1050 but again this might require PSU&Motherboard changes
Not necessarly the Motherboard. For the PSU obviously it will unless he already got enough power already.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 10 out of 10 posts