What is the Casual Lobby?

24_King_

Posted 15 April 2020 - 3:42 pm
Silly Random league? :)
Agree, I have never played it before, and it was very easy and fun, it can be a good start
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Edited 15 April 2020 - 7:45 pm by mich
mich wrote:
Fact is, some players would play in NPL to sincerely help new players, while others would see a rating boost opportunity and free premium for bashing noobs.
24_King_ wrote:
It would be interesting to do a friendly tournament in casual lobby

Any tournaments for new players will have to be held in the NPL. Unless somebody has another idea to make it fair for noobs.

This is why I suggested creating a Madness Ladder that experienced players can play on with noobs. Closest thing to having a tournament of some sorts. It's rated yes, but it would have a variety of odd, oldschool maps. Suggesting the ladder be reset often enough to keep it fresh, but long enough for noobs to learn the maps. Hardly anybody plays these maps anymore. CS has become the 'CBA / CBA Hero Lobby' and that's sad tbh. This idea is for people that agree and want to do something about it.

Friendly tournament with what kind of prizes other than points and premiums?
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 15 April 2020 - 7:48 pm
Dont bother with madness and stick with leagues to promote different maps
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Posted 15 April 2020 - 8:25 pm
Will surely be easier lol

We can start with Silly Random League. How many maps are in that pack? 24
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 15 April 2020 - 10:06 pm
about 100-150 maps is my guess
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 16 April 2020 - 6:30 am
Just a heads up, a lot of those scenarios have bugs. Someone would have to compile a new pack with fixed versions or scrap the bad ones.
Link | Reply | Quote
 24_King_

Posted 16 April 2020 - 2:18 pm
mich wrote:
Any tournaments for new players will have to be held in the NPL. Unless somebody has another idea to make it fair for noobs.

This is why I suggested creating a Madness Ladder that experienced players can play on with noobs. Closest thing to having a tournament of some sorts. It's rated yes, but it would have a variety of odd, oldschool maps. Suggesting the ladder be reset often enough to keep it fresh, but long enough for noobs to learn the maps. Hardly anybody plays these maps anymore. CS has become the 'CBA / CBA Hero Lobby' and that's sad tbh. This idea is for people that agree and want to do something about it.

Friendly tournament with what kind of prizes other than points and premiums?

A ladder without maps, and thus detail which are the most played maps (RM, Bloods or CBS), at the same time that mini tournaments or leagues are made on weekends of any CS map.

No prizes are needed, maybe a badge but it is not decisive.

Bloods/TD/RPG/CBS/TTF/Build maps should be shown in the same proportion, so that new players are free to choose what kind of map they like the most and thus be sure that in the long term, they notice that there is a lobby(CS) where those maps are played more frequently or more competitively.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]_Jv

Posted 16 April 2020 - 5:42 pm
if it's supposed to be FOR new players get involved somehow with CS would be great if atleast more than half op's about this comes from newbs/npl, otherwise it's like the autorithy telling employers what they want

just saying
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Edited 16 April 2020 - 8:17 pm by mich
Just a heads up, a lot of those scenarios have bugs. Someone would have to compile a new pack with fixed versions or scrap the bad ones.

24_King_ wrote:
A ladder without maps, and thus detail which are the most played maps (RM, Bloods or CBS), at the same time that mini tournaments or leagues are made on weekends of any CS map.

No prizes are needed, maybe a badge but it is not decisive.

Bloods/TD/RPG/CBS/TTF/Build maps should be shown in the same proportion, so that new players are free to choose what kind of map they like the most and thus be sure that in the long term, they notice that there is a lobby(CS) where those maps are played more frequently or more competitively.

A badge would be ok I think depending on what it says.

+1 on maps - I think maybe creating another random mod/league (in addition to Dan's Silly Random League) with different types of maps in it. I'm highly against adding the normal CBA and CBA Hero maps because it would be sad if that's all they end up playing. I know those maps are the most popular among CS players, but there are hundreds of other maps players are missing out on. We can do another random league in Casual/NPL that have some of the rated maps and a mixture of unrated maps that are semi-popular in CS.

Could you please give me some suggestions on maps you would like to see played randomly in NPL/Casual. Maps that you are willing to teach new players how to play.

I'm also wondering if we should even do this rated at all, or have these random leagues rate like the match stats ladder. If these leagues were to be rated as normal, the criteria would have to be monitored as if it were a Madness Ladder; frequent resets being number one on my mind.

I really want this to work. Our oldschool players could have some competition in the future, and new players to have fun learning and playing with those oldschool players, without regard to prizes or points.

I also still need to get approval to have another rated/unrated Ladder in NPL/Casual. Working out the details and ideas for presentation first.

[xCs]_Jv wrote:
if it's supposed to be FOR new players get involved somehow with CS would be great if atleast more than half op's about this comes from newbs/npl, otherwise it's like the autorithy telling employers what they want

just saying

If we could get them to post their opinions lol ;) I also don't think they know about these maps enough to post an opinion on what they like, or what they want to play. That's why I'm requesting opinions of CSers ;)
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Edited 16 April 2020 - 9:19 pm by ['RB']ZottenDree

thanks for volunteering :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Posted 16 April 2020 - 10:01 pm
Let me know if I can do anything as far as the pack Dan/Henri.

As far as the pack I would make.... just a short pack with maps that would be easy to teach and learn.

Smosh, Herofest, Cows Castle Blood, Lustful Encounters, Dodgeball Teams, and CBX Teams.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 16 April 2020 - 10:49 pm
https://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/1347/Silly-Random-Lite ;hippie
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Posted 16 April 2020 - 11:03 pm
8) ;icecream
Link | Reply | Quote
 24_King_

Edited 17 April 2020 - 12:08 am by 24_King_
I do not think that a mod (Pack random or silly) can be used in the beginning, it can be confusing.

The idea would be in Casual lobby to be able to include 2 ladders:
NPL/CS- Casual Maps
NPL/CS-Madness

In casual maps, we must include maps that are easy to play and that players can understand in the first games, such as:
Path Blood, Smosh,Torre maldita, Path Blood Heroes, Lustful, Gwarz, AB, CBX, CBA Hero PathBlood

Optional: TDS, TTF, Dodgeball, Micromania(1v1 map), Dota,some of them are popular in small NPL groups.

NPL/CS- Madness: That players can play RM maps too, or whatever they want to play

Regarding CBS:
You can try to only show various maps such as Bloods, or some other, but they will be disappointed, if those maps do not have as many rooms in CS, I consider much better offer all the options, and that they are free to choose, remember that they don't know CS, so they won't have pressure or be forced to play them.

Btw, did you know that in Gameranger (another platform to play aok, aoe), they play Gwarz, but on that site it is popularly called CBA NEW?

In NPL, as my quote says, a little priority should be given to CBA HERO TTM, or what else is played regarding CS, would be something like this:

CS- CBA Hero (with TTM rated)
CS- Casual (with TD, Dodgeball, Lustful, TTF,Dota & Bloods rated)

And for NPL in CS- CBA Hero TTM, it could include the strict rule of reaching 1400+, being banned from NPL, and being redirected to CS,

It could be a good start and try it for 3-6 months,
Considering that the maps that are much more popular and played in Casual Ladder at that time, could be added with their names like: Cs- Lustful, keeping with Casual lobby.
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Edited 17 April 2020 - 12:23 am by mich
24_King_ wrote:
I do not think that a mod (Pack random or silly) can be used in the beginning, it can be confusing.

https://voobly.com/match/view/21696550
https://voobly.com/match/view/21696794

Not if it's coordinated and set up properly ;) I'm going to try to make the faq for Dan's Silly Random Lite on the mod page. This way it's one quick link to a noob that has questions about how random packs are played.

Btw thanks very much to Dan for making a new, smaller pack that we were able to play on today.

As far as the rest of the stuff you posted, I'll get back to you. Thanks for posting your opinion!

Link | Reply | Quote
12[3]4
Displaying 31 - 45 out of 52 posts