What is the Casual Lobby?

_Hacks

Posted 17 April 2020 - 11:19 am
Just a heads up, a lot of those scenarios have bugs. Someone would have to compile a new pack with fixed versions or scrap the bad ones.

Hmmmmm
Link | Reply | Quote
 [NortArg]Colt___

Posted 17 April 2020 - 11:26 am
Totally according to Troy, I like many scenarios, but nobody takes the time to explain how they work, in fact I play CBA because people took the time to teach me, but even so it is very difficult, especially because unfortunately it seems Being that the custom scenery people don't want their community to grow, they are absolutely toxic to new players.

This has also happened to me with death match, I want to learn to play and play MICHI DM no cut 20, and it is impossible, they do not let you play, they ask for a certain number of games in your account, that if it is not with them, which are the they play, you can't get it. I ended up getting frustrated and abandoned him, and talked to many people who play the map.

Unfortunately, the exact same thing happens with custom scenarios, now I can play CBA for a long time, but because we entered with two friends and we set up the rooms ourselves, and since there are so few people left in that lobby, for different reasons, now rate people 18 ++ plays with us who are 15+, just for the desire to play, since there are no other games.

I remember reading that custom scenarios was biting for just that reason, if you think about Voobly there are examples of communities growing, and it is because in general you play with a lot of patience towards the new ones, a very good example is the Black community Forest, or that of Realms that has been growing enormously, several times between playing Nomad with players of much more level than mine, and the hosts were waiting or looking for someone of my level to generate balanced teams, are two very good examples of what They should think about doing in CBA.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _IYIastA_

Edited 17 April 2020 - 12:31 pm by _IYIastA_
Totally according to Troy, I like many scenarios, but nobody takes the time to explain how they work, in fact I play CBA because people took the time to teach me, but even so it is very difficult, especially because unfortunately it seems Being that the custom scenery people don't want their community to grow, they are absolutely toxic to new players.

This has also happened to me with death match, I want to learn to play and play MICHI DM no cut 20, and it is impossible, they do not let you play, they ask for a certain number of games in your account, that if it is not with them, which are the they play, you can't get it. I ended up getting frustrated and abandoned him, and talked to many people who play the map.

Unfortunately, the exact same thing happens with custom scenarios, now I can play CBA for a long time, but because we entered with two friends and we set up the rooms ourselves, and since there are so few people left in that lobby, for different reasons, now rate people 18 ++ plays with us who are 15+, just for the desire to play, since there are no other games.

I remember reading that custom scenarios was biting for just that reason, if you think about Voobly there are examples of communities growing, and it is because in general you play with a lot of patience towards the new ones, a very good example is the Black community Forest, or that of Realms that has been growing enormously, several times between playing Nomad with players of much more level than mine, and the hosts were waiting or looking for someone of my level to generate balanced teams, are two very good examples of what They should think about doing in CBA.

Add AoK to the communities that seemed to want to kill themselves.

It is very telling that the numbers for CS are so low compared to the number of players who used to play. Maybe 15% of my friend list has logged on during this period, a period where most people are likely to have way more time to do so. They got totally burned out by CS and obviously don't have fond enough memories to return. CS Lobby is too set to change, anyone trying to do so will be met with full hostility. This is why I pushed for Casual to be a thing a few months back.

Nobody could have expected the current events or the unlikely rise of casual that resulted. I hope mich and co. can do some good with it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Edited 17 April 2020 - 9:38 pm by mich
Cba and cba hero maps (ttm, path, or otherwise) we will need to avoid hosting at all costs. Those maps are the reason players don't want to learn new maps. Comfort in knowing there will be a faster CBA Hero game than any other hosted map in CS, I suppose. Unfortunately being a double-edged sword due to it's popularity. But.......here we are with a lack of variety being hosted.

To try to help players understand these maps I will either be trying to stream & record these maps being played or I can write up a more visibly appealing, descriptive CS map pack pages (Casual and CS Main pack). Not only the download links will be available, but a short description and map shot as well. I think this would be a HUGE help to promoting CS maps if we give them info about each map on ONE page. Problem is, I don't have the time to host your guys' packs and write up descriptions and do edits to help promote the packs + CS in general. Either play or write stuff lol

Example:
Example%20map%20descriptions.packpages.png

CBA Hero TTM will not be rated as it effects other ladders and can't be set to rate on one ladder alone. Therefore it MUST REMAIN an unrated mod. I've already tried this before back in 2018. Nightmare to say the least.

Maps like TTF will not work either as they are not played as tg's or 1v1's. They also won't work in a "pack" because the game play is much different from tg maps such as AB, Smosh, etc... Fun sure, but not fair if it were to be rated. We should also not include 1v1 maps. Tg maps only please. Obvious reasons in a new player lobby.

As far as the other maps you listed, those could be fun ;) So start a pack ('create "Data" mod' at bottom) and start hosting :) Questions about starting your own mod/pack, let me know.
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Posted 20 April 2020 - 4:25 am
Updated the Casual Map Pack.

https://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/1346
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']koandcul1

Posted 21 April 2020 - 4:46 am
For RM, could be useful a mod where players can't fight before a specific time or until all players get to a specific age (castle age/imperial).

I think new players and the casual ones may enjoy this
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Edited 23 April 2020 - 10:16 pm by mich
Also made a Casual Random pack. To start with, just added the same maps that are in the original map pack, except these maps will be chosen randomly.

For RM, could be useful a mod where players can't fight before a specific time or until all players get to a specific age (castle age/imperial).

I think new players and the casual ones may enjoy this

Uh Michi no cut? Yup, that'll do ;lol

Link | Reply | Quote
123[4]
Displaying 46 - 52 out of 52 posts