Smurfs should be banned?

Poll: Should smurf account be banned?
1. Yes
2. No
 [LyF]JimmY

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:41 pm
In a game so old where players are leaving and not being replaced, you're writing paragraph after paragraph about ways to ban people.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ A ]lVl0NsT3lZ

Posted 17 August 2017 - 1:01 pm
Just tell me how are you going to detect a smurf and be sure that its not someone else playing from same home/family? Not possible and answer to your question is NO.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _979_taft_arg

Posted 17 August 2017 - 1:09 pm
Quote:
Hello,

Why do way stronger players feel the need to smurfs other players.
I like aoc but its simply ruining my fun in the game.
I honestly dont care if oyu are 18x and you play vs me but show your real ELO ffs.
And what i said earlier ruining the fun for weak players. Who are really trying to improve.
But simply are quitting aoc because they keep being smurfed.....
So my question is should smurfs be banned not the orginal nickname but the fake accounts?
So if you want to smurf go f yourself. Thanks for your understanding.
I had enough of stupid smurfs.....

dude you kick every player who has higher rate then you.... kind of hypocritical
Link | Reply | Quote
 ValcUn_____

Posted 17 August 2017 - 1:53 pm
I think playing with smurfs actually improve your game. The smurf sometimes pulls out some crazy tricks. Thats way too knowlegdeable even when you are at receiving end.
Otherwise if u stay in same range of ratings same old builds, sameold tricks, same old strategies...its kinda boring.Smurf makes games more intresting and show us how much we can improve.I enjoy playing with then even when against even i lose the game it makes me curiuos about the trick pulled out by the smurf guy. I for me Aoc is about being curiosity of new things, new builds, new tricks,So i got no problem with the smurf.
Link | Reply | Quote
 CZ_Mango

Edited 17 August 2017 - 2:43 pm by CZ_Mango
If you have the rating you actually deserve, it does not matter against who you play. You can lose several games to smurfs, your rate will go down but you will get the points back easily in the next games. It is also beneficial for you because that is the only way how you can improve. So if you are really trying to improve then playing against better players/smurfs is the best way to do it.
If you play the game to artificially engineer your own rate and keep it at some level even though you dont have the skill then of course smurfs are the problem for you. Because they will send you back to your real level.
Just change your mentality. If you lose against smurf then tell yourself: okay I need to figure out what he did better and why did I lose. What can I learn from this guy when I watch the recorded game. Did he have a better build order? Was his army composition better? Was his scouting better and more efficient? Did he have a better micro and he won the fights even though we had similar economy etc etc.
Then if you actually win against smurf tell yourself: Okay, I can be proud of myself because I won a game against better and/or higher rated player.
You should also consider that the player base is smaller and smaller the bigger rating you have. And especially on 1800 to cca 2100 level the amound of players is very small. It is even worse in tgs. And it is even worse in certain time-zones or periods of day. The players you can choose from to play are very limited. Either you have plenty 1400-1650 maybe 1700 players or expert players over 2k2. There are just not enough players in the middle level. The exception are BF tgs but thats pretty much it. Also majority of those who smurf from these reasons will simply change the account whenever a better rated game pops up.

Problem in general is people care way too much about points. Its just a number. Your argument "come and show me your real rate and feel free to play" usually does not work either because majority of players nowdays will just run away from the room the moment they feel the game could be challenging and they might end up losing those precious puntos.
Link | Reply | Quote
 SuperEspert

Posted 17 August 2017 - 6:59 pm
[LyF]JimmY wrote:
In a game so old where players are leaving and not being replaced, you're writing paragraph after paragraph about ways to ban people.
+1.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [sT]Mike_

Posted 18 August 2017 - 1:02 am
egg sacly kwin...

like me.. im only 18++ bf, but in ara im 2.3k++

ive been trying new maps like Nomad, which im learning. and will be learning till I die.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +kwin

Posted 18 August 2017 - 2:00 am
[LyF]JimmY wrote:

Yes, but only if you cheat or do things like extreme insults…

The internet is just like real life, the only difference is that many people think they can do on the internet whatever they want. They think they can do things they can’t do in real life, and it seems to be so fun for them.
I am not like that…

For most smurf, it is normal to cheat, it is normal to play vs less skilled players, and it’s normal to insult the other lower skilled players for being rook, **** and much more, it seems to be very cool to do this, and in my opinion, this attitude should change totally.
The only way to do this, is a real punishment, and the only real punishment is a Voobly ban.

You say people are leaving? Well, this is normal. If Voobly doesn’t start giving Voobly bans for cheating and for extreme and many insulting, more people will leave until only the cheaters and insulters are left and then they will also leave because they don’t have the fun anymore like they want it…

Banning players don’t result in less players, on the contrary.
Many players are banned from NPL since x months, but I don’t see less players in NPL, I do see more players in MS.

Off topic:
When I was young, I worked in a few night clubs, the first one I learned about how to do it, the second one I could run it like I wanted to run it.
When I started in my second night club, the boss made no money, he almost had to sell the business, he knew I had experience and I only wanted to start working there if I could do it like I wanted to do it…
Well, I can tell you, the first weeks, the most work I had was throwing out more than half of his clients, even his best client on my first day.
I focused on the right clients, with normal behavior and those who made it a fun place to be, I didn’t care how much money someone spend if he messes up the whole place. I did try to make it a nice place to be, many didn’t like it, but they could close the door at the other side.
Result:
Even that first month, we made some money, and later, extremely much money.
Why?
Most of the trouble makers were gone, new clients always come, but now the good clients stayed because it was a fun place, and many trouble makers from before who came back after a while were changed in attitude, they knew they had to follow the rules, or there was no place for them anymore…

My behavior in real life is almost the same as on the internet.
It’s not “cool” to insult any player.
In almost every game they ban cheaters.
Rating is not important, but manipulating rating is cheating.

Normally this was my last post in this topic because I did say all I really believe in and have nothing new to add anymore.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [LyF]JimmY

Posted 18 August 2017 - 2:07 am
+kwin wrote:
Yes, but only if you cheat or do things like extreme insults…

The internet is just like real life, the only difference is that many people think they can do on the internet whatever they want. They think they can do things they can’t do in real life, and it seems to be so fun for them.
I am not like that…

For most smurf, it is normal to cheat, it is normal to play vs less skilled players, and it’s normal to insult the other lower skilled players for being rook, **** and much more, it seems to be very cool to do this, and in my opinion, this attitude should change totally.
The only way to do this, is a real punishment, and the only real punishment is a Voobly ban.

You say people are leaving? Well, this is normal. If Voobly doesn’t start giving Voobly bans for cheating and for extreme and many insulting, more people will leave until only the cheaters and insulters are left and then they will also leave because they don’t have the fun anymore like they want it…

Banning players don’t result in less players, on the contrary.
Many players are banned from NPL since x months, but I don’t see less players in NPL, I do see more players in MS.

Off topic:
When I was young, I worked in a few night clubs, the first one I learned about how to do it, the second one I could run it like I wanted to run it.
When I started in my second night club, the boss made no money, he almost had to sell the business, he knew I had experience and I only wanted to start working there if I could do it like I wanted to do it…
Well, I can tell you, the first weeks, the most work I had was throwing out more than half of his clients, even his best client on my first day.
I focused on the right clients, with normal behavior and those who made it a fun place to be, I didn’t care how much money someone spend if he messes up the whole place. I did try to make it a nice place to be, many didn’t like it, but they could close the door at the other side.
Result:
Even that first month, we made some money, and later, extremely much money.
Why?
Most of the trouble makers were gone, new clients always come, but now the good clients stayed because it was a fun place, and many trouble makers from before who came back after a while were changed in attitude, they knew they had to follow the rules, or there was no place for them anymore…

My behavior in real life is almost the same as on the internet.
It’s not “cool” to insult any player.
In almost every game they ban cheaters.
Rating is not important, but manipulating rating is cheating.

Normally this was my last post in this topic because I did say all I really believe in and have nothing new to add anymore.

As much as I like you bro I ain't reading all that ****
Link | Reply | Quote
 SuperEspert

Posted 18 August 2017 - 3:15 am
@kwin seems like you didn't understand anything.. ppl who smurf don't always do for the same purpose as you think, i mean some ppl smurf to improve skills and is ok, but the ones who noobbash just to get highest and easy points isn't good
Link | Reply | Quote
 +kwin

Posted 18 August 2017 - 5:39 am
@kwin seems like you didn't understand anything.. ppl who smurf don't always do for the same purpose as you think, i mean some ppl smurf to improve skills and is ok, but the ones who noobbash just to get highest and easy points isn't good

I do understand it good, what you say, smurfing for highest rate and easy points is not good, I agree...

And you say, if they do it to improve skills, it's ok, Well, I also agree...

But, usually they want to keep rating low, usually they cheat for this fake rate, that's bad, and there is no real punishment for it so it happen more and more, same for the insulting and bad words problem, happen more and more...

Kwin out of this topic now ...
Link | Reply | Quote
 SuperEspert

Posted 18 August 2017 - 5:53 am
Quote:
But, usually they want to keep rating low, usually they cheat for this fake rate, that's bad, and there is no real punishment for it so it happen more and more.
true.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [s1L3nT]Amon__Amarth

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:52 am
Link | Reply | Quote
 [H20]Shubham__

Posted 18 August 2017 - 3:33 pm
you cant have a higher yes vote in this.... smurfers will use smurf accounts for 'no' rofl .... so useless voting
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ A ]lVl0NsT3lZ

Posted 18 August 2017 - 4:24 pm
Voobly completely annihilated AOK in its community by removing ratings on the suggestions of so called Voobly Promotor [UB]_Hacks and when every one left playing AOK, they reverted their decision. Now stop playing with AOC and leave it as it is. Because its only game keeping voobly alive.

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]34
Displaying 16 - 30 out of 60 posts