[dv8]xMag

Posted 11 April 2017 - 5:40 pm
Every 2 years in my opinion.
Link | Reply | Quote
 calexus5678

Edited 11 April 2017 - 6:46 pm by calexus5678
mich wrote:
If I have to point it out.... lol

Ya, I'm hearing a lot about this. Not sure how many players play CBA on the 1v1 ladder (as previously stated). It's still good to keep the option open I think. Making a separate 1v1 ladder just for CBA would be rather pointless if say only 10 people would use it.

I think the point is, is because the two have been lumped into one ladder, it's lost its value to players who want some recognition for their 1v1 CBA game. Though they seem similar on the surface, both sides agree they are very different maps. It can't be too difficult to get a new ladder going.

Edit: I think many more than 10 will use it rofl

Edit: Just to be clear, has there ever even been a 1v1 CBA ladder? I honestly can't remember, or was it previously just CBA tg & 1v1 lumped into one before it changed to the current set up
Link | Reply | Quote
 calexus5678

Posted 11 April 2017 - 6:43 pm
Also 2 years seems good. I would support 1 year as well though
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]PLO_Style

Posted 11 April 2017 - 6:55 pm
I'm guessing at least 80-90% of the players in CBA/Hero 1v1 ladder are playing CBA Hero. I don't think adding a new ladder for CBA 1v1 will make a huge difference but it probably wouldn't hurt to try.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Th0m

Edited 11 April 2017 - 7:33 pm by Th0m
I think the point is, is because the two have been lumped into one ladder, it's lost its value to players who want some recognition for their 1v1 CBA game. Though they seem similar on the surface, both sides agree they are very different maps. It can't be too difficult to get a new ladder going.

Edit: I think many more than 10 will use it rofl

Edit: Just to be clear, has there ever even been a 1v1 CBA ladder? I honestly can't remember, or was it previously just CBA tg & 1v1 lumped into one before it changed to the current set up

I would like to see the return of competitive 1v1 CBA but at this moment in time, I don't think it merits having its own ladder. 4 ladders for CBA 1v1, CBA Hero 1v1, CBA TG, CBA Hero TG is extreme. CBA 1v1ers have had ample opportunity to play on the 1v1 CBA/Hero ladder but have not taken this up. In fact, nearly all CBA 1v1s are just random civ match ups. A separate CBA 1v1 ladder wouldn't even differentiate between good 1v1 CBAers and bad 1v1 CBAers that are good at 1v1 Hero which is what the old CBA 1v1 community wants - there's nothing to stop a good 1v1 hero player beating a worse 1v1 hero player on a separate 1v1 CBA ladder. Though, a separate ladder would be more viable if the 1v1 CBA community took some initiative and played on the combined 1v1 ladder for the time being; at the very least this would demonstrate they're willing to play with what they have rather than not play at all and take shots at the CBA Hero community.

Edit: every year
Link | Reply | Quote
 MMO_Executioner

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:27 pm
Once a week, twice on fridays
Link | Reply | Quote
 calexus5678

Edited 12 April 2017 - 11:38 pm by calexus5678
Th0m wrote:
I would like to see the return of competitive 1v1 CBA but at this moment in time, I don't think it merits having its own ladder. 4 ladders for CBA 1v1, CBA Hero 1v1, CBA TG, CBA Hero TG is extreme. CBA 1v1ers have had ample opportunity to play on the 1v1 CBA/Hero ladder but have not taken this up. In fact, nearly all CBA 1v1s are just random civ match ups. A separate CBA 1v1 ladder wouldn't even differentiate between good 1v1 CBAers and bad 1v1 CBAers that are good at 1v1 Hero which is what the old CBA 1v1 community wants - there's nothing to stop a good 1v1 hero player beating a worse 1v1 hero player on a separate 1v1 CBA ladder. Though, a separate ladder would be more viable if the 1v1 CBA community took some initiative and played on the combined 1v1 ladder for the time being; at the very least this would demonstrate they're willing to play with what they have rather than not play at all and take shots at the CBA Hero community.

Edit: every year

My argument still stands, I believe a combined ladder has caused less activity and if you fix that, the activity will rise, probably on both ladders. 1v1 players especially want accurate rating/recognition and if it's between two very different maps that happen to have the same name that doesn't really help. Again, I say they are very different, it's like putting two separate blood maps in one ladder.

Anyway I digress, your argument about CBA hero players still being able to play CBA hero players on a 1v1 CBA ladder makes no sense, as they would still just be cba players playing each other, their cba hero abilities being irrelevant, can you see how that argument is not logical?

It will probably increase activity on both ladders, you can't just expect the players to come together and play the 1v1 combined ladder in the hopes of creating a new ladders, that's just dumb. Players come on and then they see the separate 1v1 CBA ladder, which has never been by the way, and then they are more likely to use it. We have madness, alternative and blah blah blah, how then do you describe a 1v1 CBA ladder as 'extreme'?

Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]EyeZz_

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:33 am
Some food for thought.

You're dreaming if you expect AOC CS to maintain decent activity if you keep it to one or two year intervals. While CBA has always been the most popular choice, you'll see activity steadily drop off if it has the same stagnant settings.

Contrast to a fresher game in Overwatch, which for arguments sake is close enough to the uniqueness of each match in CBA with how civilisations (AOC) and heroes (Overwatch) always create a different game. What Blizzard has done well, is they run their ladders in 3 month seasons. Their decay kicks in at 7 days due to the shorter cycles, and their biggest advantage over AOC is anonymous matchmaking as solo queue or as a team of friends.

While Voobly won't be introducing anonymous matchmaking likely ever, it can learn some valuable lessons from their brethren in the gaming industry.

The next is miscellaneous to the topic but relevant to CBA or any ladder. Overwatch top 500 players of a region (Americas and Australasia/Asia/Europe) a shiny animated symbol by their name to immediately showcase their current level, and then each tier of ELO a symbol ie 4000-5000 had a Grandmaster symbol, 3500-4000 had a Master symbol, 3000-3500 had Diamond, 2500-3000 had Platinum etc. I'd recommend incorporating this into AOC, since you see this instead of a player's actual ELO. You keep your highest achieved bracket symbol until Master, where you'll lose Master symbol if you drop back to Diamond (3000-3500). Perhaps it could make matchmaking better. New players had no ELO for their first 10 rated games, they were used as a ranking system to judge where you should be and awarding a ELO based on those 10 results.

Won't be playing AOC anytime soon, but would still like to see it thrive. Don't want to see CS die out like our Bloods community has anytime soon.
Link | Reply | Quote
 pvc99

Posted 13 April 2017 - 7:27 am
I havnt seen a cba / hero ladder reset since i started voobly,, maybe /year is good
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]PLO_Style

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:47 am
Yes, it should be reset every 3-6 months for the exact reasons that TheAussieOne mentioned. And the idea about the rank symbols is simple and good. It will likely increase competition.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [DSyR]ImNiHaL

Posted 13 April 2017 - 2:30 pm
Every 2 Years
Link | Reply | Quote
 [7th]W0LF____

Posted 13 April 2017 - 2:55 pm
Some food for thought.

You're dreaming if you expect AOC CS to maintain decent activity if you keep it to one or two year intervals. While CBA has always been the most popular choice, you'll see activity steadily drop off if it has the same stagnant settings.

Contrast to a fresher game in Overwatch, which for arguments sake is close enough to the uniqueness of each match in CBA with how civilisations (AOC) and heroes (Overwatch) always create a different game. What Blizzard has done well, is they run their ladders in 3 month seasons. Their decay kicks in at 7 days due to the shorter cycles, and their biggest advantage over AOC is anonymous matchmaking as solo queue or as a team of friends.

While Voobly won't be introducing anonymous matchmaking likely ever, it can learn some valuable lessons from their brethren in the gaming industry.

The next is miscellaneous to the topic but relevant to CBA or any ladder. Overwatch top 500 players of a region (Americas and Australasia/Asia/Europe) a shiny animated symbol by their name to immediately showcase their current level, and then each tier of ELO a symbol ie 4000-5000 had a Grandmaster symbol, 3500-4000 had a Master symbol, 3000-3500 had Diamond, 2500-3000 had Platinum etc. I'd recommend incorporating this into AOC, since you see this instead of a player's actual ELO. You keep your highest achieved bracket symbol until Master, where you'll lose Master symbol if you drop back to Diamond (3000-3500). Perhaps it could make matchmaking better. New players had no ELO for their first 10 rated games, they were used as a ranking system to judge where you should be and awarding a ELO based on those 10 results.

Won't be playing AOC anytime soon, but would still like to see it thrive. Don't want to see CS die out like our Bloods community has anytime soon.
+1
Link | Reply | Quote
 [DSyR]ImNiHaL

Posted 13 April 2017 - 4:16 pm
actually, we dont need a steady reset time. we just have to reset it when its time for reset, like this. we dont need a reset every year or anything like that.
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Posted 13 April 2017 - 4:27 pm
If any ladder needs to be on a reset schedule, it's CBA/Hero Ladders as they're the most popular and active.

Link | Reply | Quote
12345[6]7
Displaying 76 - 90 out of 92 posts