CBA PathBlood 1.8.0

EMPIROR_K

Posted 25 January 2018 - 3:34 pm
very good it was really appreacitiable
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Zix

Posted 30 January 2018 - 8:13 pm
Update 1.4.6:

Number of Bombard Towers is limited to 100: If you have 100 BBTs, you cannot build more. (You won't lose all of your towers because that would be very annoying, only the construction will be blocked)
Balance updates for Realms (look excel in attachments)
Fixed Bohemian spawn point HP bug
Link | Reply | Quote
 RendAsunder

Posted 26 February 2018 - 4:31 am
I just noticed version 1.4.7 has the kill and raze counter in the top left corner. Very welcome feature, thanks!

Anything else new in version 1.4.7?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Zix

Posted 26 February 2018 - 6:56 am
I just noticed version 1.4.7 has the kill and raze counter in the top left corner. Very welcome feature, thanks!

Anything else new in version 1.4.7?

I don't remember if I added that feature. There is a serious problem with that counter, if you kill own/allied units or raze own/allied buildings with Siege Onager or Cannon, the map won't count it as kills/razing, but the Advanced Statistics will add them too, so it will show higher value than your real kills/razings.
And I cannot even solve it by triggers, because if I send 1 kill/razing amount from Player to Gaya (or -1 from Gaya to Payer), the counter won't subtract it.
I already told them to fix it but nothing happened yet, as soon as they fix, I will add it to the map.

You can see changelog in History tab in the map. (1.4.7 is mainly a balance/bugfix update, but if you delete Hero spawn gate, more walls will be removed to get more place for ships)
Link | Reply | Quote
 RendAsunder

Edited 26 February 2018 - 7:06 am by RendAsunder
You're right, it's because of the Advanced Statistics mod. Good to know because I really need those counters, they're essential for decision making.

The onager/cannon thing is not an issue because you only get those after 800 kills, and pre-imp is when the counters are most useful.
Link | Reply | Quote
 RendAsunder

Posted 26 February 2018 - 9:26 am
Do castles have bonus attack or armor against Cobras? I played a match today where two of us got Cobra and we couldn't kill each other. We had to save.

Another match I played earlier went on for 5 hours, I died soon so I didn't see what happen, but judging by the chat logs, they were engaged in Cobra wars too.

I think it should be easier for Cobras to destroy castles. If you've gotten to the point where you a) have Cobra and b) are deep inside a player's base, you deserve to win/kill him. It's gg at that point.

Or maybe that castle bonus is fair for players who don't have Cobra and still get a chance to fight back, but once you get Cobra, you lose that bonus. Can that be done?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 26 February 2018 - 10:26 am
COBRA has 10 melee and 10 vs buildings (armor class 11) damage, while castle has 8 melee and 8 vs buildings (armor class 11) armor. If you upgrade Masonry/Architecture it gives +1 melee and +3 building armor.
In short: non-upgraded castle should get 4 damage from COBRA/shot, while upgraded just 1.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Zix

Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:39 am
I think the main problem is Cobras have very few damage against Cobras. I'm thinking about to decrease Cobra armor by 2 (or maybe increase attack by 2), then Cobras could kill other Cobras 2X faster. With a Cobra vs Cobra war, there would be a player earlier, who dominates the game. I think its not problem if hard to destroy Castles with Cobras, because Cobras can go to enemy base very fast, and they could kill enemy Castles even without fighting.
Link | Reply | Quote
 RendAsunder

Posted 26 February 2018 - 12:02 pm
That explains it, only 1 damage against upgraded castles. So Cobras are like archers trying to kill a castle, 11.

I guess other buildings have less armor, right? Because I can walk over siege workshops and towers like they're nothing, but when facing castles, Cobras get gg'd.

Not sure what can be done or if anything should be done. I could ask the other guys to leave their feedback.

Maybe after x number of kills, give the player a faster spawn, like in CBA Hero, after 3500 kills you get 60% faster spawn, and after 5000 you get 190% faster spawn. That way one Cobra gets an advantage over the other.

This would be good for non-Cobra players too. Sometimes Genhis isn't good enough to finish the job, that's why Hero has upgrades at 2000, 3500 and 5000 kills.
Link | Reply | Quote
 RendAsunder

Edited 26 February 2018 - 12:12 pm by RendAsunder
I had the opposite experience today Zix, but it was just one game so maybe I should play more.

I could quickly erase my enemy's army, and he could do the same to me when I had lower pop, but killing the castles took too long (only 1 damage as a pointed out by Gallas), giving the enemy time to recover. It's especially hard since you can rebuild up to 6 castles in the castle area, haha.

I think it's because Cobras inflict some sort of splash damage on themselves? Like onagers? And that makes them die quickly.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Zix

Posted 26 February 2018 - 1:28 pm
Cobras attack 8X faster than archers, and can damage more Castles in the same time (if you shoot by right angle) so its not as weak as it seems to be.
Increasing spawn speed after high kills is an interesting idea.
I can do it easily for all heros, without duplicating hero creation triggers. Maybe I can set 3000 kills - 3 sec, 5000 kills - 2 sec, and in Turbo speed, 3000 kills - 2 sec and 5000 kills - 1 sec spawntime.
I'm also thinking about to add a 10.000 kills=instant win trigger.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 26 February 2018 - 2:18 pm
I guess other buildings have less armor, right? Because I can walk over siege workshops and towers like they're nothing, but when facing castles, Cobras get gg'd.
Yes. You can check building armor in data file, or with the Extended info patch.
I think it's because Cobras inflict some sort of splash damage on themselves? Like onagers? And that makes them die quickly.
Yes, it can damage own units/allies.
[MM]Zix wrote:
Maybe I can set 3000 kills - 3 sec, 5000 kills - 2 sec, and in Turbo speed, 3000 kills - 2 sec and 5000 kills - 1 sec spawntime.
Not really fan of that idea. How about you give it hp/attack upgrading by time? It worked well on my blood of the hill map in this amount:
Code:
400 kills = 5 hp and 1 attack / 30 sec 500 kills = 5 hp and 1 attack / 20 sec 600 kills = 5 hp and 1 attack / 10 sec 700 kills = 5 hp and 1 attack / 5 sec
Link | Reply | Quote
 RendAsunder

Edited 26 February 2018 - 2:31 pm by RendAsunder
[MM]Zix wrote:
I can do it easily for all heros, without duplicating hero creation triggers. Maybe I can set 3000 kills - 3 sec, 5000 kills - 2 sec, and in Turbo speed, 3000 kills - 2 sec and 5000 kills - 1 sec spawntime.

I like that. The 10k instant win is cool too. I've had games in Hero with more than 10k kills where we couldn't kill each other and the other player wouldn't save. The game eventually desyncs, it can't last forever. 10,000 seems like a nice limit.

What Gallas suggests is nice too, but since Hero already does the spawn increase, players would feel more at home with that. Especially since they call this map "CBA Hero 40 Civs" lol.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 26 February 2018 - 2:55 pm
I remember times when scenario creators used to punish overfed players that were not good enough to actually achieve a closure in the late game and therefore giving them a very bad unit or starting destroy their survival condition.
Link | Reply | Quote
 24_King_

Posted 26 February 2018 - 6:32 pm
I once played the map, 1v1v1v1, and it extended too much, I would add trebuchet every 30 minutes in the middle of the map, and at 2000 deaths 60% spawn + fast from the hero you have inside the torches.
Nice map.
http://www.voobly.com/match/view/17306794

Link | Reply | Quote
12[3]45678910
Displaying 31 - 45 out of 145 posts